Article - PYARELAL COMPOSES TITLE TRACK FOR SAI BABA SHOW

RTee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/pyarelal-composes-title-track-for-sai-baba-show/articleshow/63277705.cms 

By Natasha Coutinho, Mumbai Mirror 

Updated: Mar 13, 2018, 06.28 AM IST

Pyarelal Ramprasad Sharma, of the iconic composer jodi Laxmikant Pyarelal, recently returned to the limelight to make music for the Sony TV show Mere Sai. Bollywood singer Mahalakshmi Iyer and Jaideep Vaidya have lent their voices to the title track.

Speaking to Mirror, the veteran composer says, "I have been a devotee of Sai Baba since I was a child. We watch Mere Sai every evening and like the simplicity of the story. My wife suggested that I compose a bhajan for the show. We approached the makers and Ninad Vaidya from the production house met me and introduced me to lyricist Mukund Bhalerao with whom we have worked on the song. We recorded the song within a day.

The octogenarian music director goes on to add that he is glad that people still enjoy 1950s music. "I like the fact that till date songs by Laxmikant Pyarelal, SD Burman and Pancham (RD Burman) are still played on the radio. The latest songs comprise only 50 per cent of what is played. Last June, I had done a symphony in Germany with 96 musicians called "Om Shivam and I'm glad people still love my work, he signs off.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Avyakta thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing this news. 
That is why the music in this serial is very melodious.
mango27 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Great news. Just heard the bhajan... melodious! I believe it will be picturized on Swarna bai after she is reformed. 
LauraM thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
https://www.cinestaan.com/articles/2018/mar/17/11837/veteran-pyarelal-composes-song-for-tv-show-mere-sai
Another article about Pyarelal visiting the sets of Mere Sai
RTee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LauraM

https://www.cinestaan.com/articles/2018/mar/17/11837/veteran-pyarelal-composes-song-for-tv-show-mere-sai

Another article about Pyarelal visiting the sets of Mere Sai

Thanks Laura. Nice article. Mr Pyarelaal is a much loved music director from the past.

I too love the narration of the show and the seamless manner in which the tracks change. The picturisation, direction and production values are among the best.

Current track with the dancer is quite engrossing. ⭐️
Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: RTee

Thanks Laura. Nice article. Mr Pyarelaal is a much loved music director from the past.

I too love the narration of the show and the seamless manner in which the tracks change. The picturisation, direction and production values are among the best.

Current track with the dancer is quite engrossing. ⭐️

Well said , agree with you .😊 They are neither dragging it , nor adding it some drama to gain TRPs . Just they are following the Sai Satcharitra, and the historical events in chronological order.😊 Edited by Viswasruti - 6 years ago