Another Farewell - Sameer and Naina OS

Muggle_Diaries thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi All,
What happens when there is a college farewell for Sammer and Naina? This is my take on that. Please let me know what you guys think. And please ignore the errors as this is not edited. 

Of couse, as with all my stories, there is a library...😃

Love
Kshithi

Another Farewell

Sameer cursed when he looked at the time. He was already late. The late afternoon sunlight was pouring throw the windows. The early onset of summer added to the stress he was already feeling. If it was only getting ready and being on time, it would not have created such a chaos. No. It was that memory, the one that shattered his world four years back, that was causing apprehension in his heart. What if something bad happens, again? What if history repeats? What if he again get separated from her?

Sameer shook he head to get rid of the thoughts that was plaguing him, and tried to be happy with the fact that he will be seeing her in some time. And everything will be alright in his world. As he looked at the mirror one last time, he could not help notice the change. Of course he had grown broader, now he sported a stubble. But it was not the change in his appearance that he saw. Where once he saw a boy full of mischief in his eyes, arrogance in his stance, and carefree set of shoulders, now he was looking at the eyes that had maturity in them, his posture was that of quite confidence, and his shoulders ready to bear any responsibility.

Over the course of his life he had added so many lives into his family; Munna, Pundit, Rohan, Deepu, and of course the most important of all, Naina. And who can forget her crazy family. There was one person whom he was missing today. The same person who shaped him, who nurtured him, and who was largely responsible for the man he is today. His Nanu. Sameer felt an acute pain when he thought of his Nanu, even after four years. He remembered the last time when his Nanu had made him eat sweets before leaving and today he would have exchanged all his wealth to have that one moment again with his Nanu. But, life did not work that day. Sameer had learnt his lesson only too well.

As the clock stuck Five, Sameer could imagine his Nanu making way into his room and scolding him for being late, for making Naina wait. After one last glance at the mirror, Sameer left for his college farewell.

-*-

Not this again, Naina thought. She had been waiting for over an hour at the college, just like last time. And Sameer was missing. She shivered with dread, feeling anxious. What if something has happened? Will he be okay? Would he come? What if we get separated again? The juice glass she was holding was shaking along with her hand. May be they sensed her tension, or it was a coincidence, Munna and Pundit made way to her, followed by Rohan.

"Relax, Sipahi Bhabhi. He will come."  Munna consoled her.

"Yes. He must have stuck with some office work." Pundit assured her.

"Let me just call home." Rohan added.

At first Naina was angry with Sameer's family for making him feel so unloved. Even now she had not forgiven Sameer's mother and step-father for their neglect. But She had thawed once she got to know Rohan and of course Deepu.

"No need, Rohan. I am sure he is already on his way." Naina replied.

Just then Preeti and Swati joined them.

"You are looking good, Swati." Munna complimented. After all these years, he had finally reached a stage where he called her by her name, "How am I looking?" he added.

"Like a monkey!" Swati sassed, but quietly held his hand in the midst of all the laughter.

"You are looking quite dapper, Mr. Jiju's brother. " Preeti coyly said to Rohan to see his blush. One of her favorite activity, as everyone knew.

"You are not so bad yourself, Miss. Bhabhi's Sister."  Rohan replied, with red cheeks.

Naina quietly left the group for their chit chat, and made way towards the entrance of the party hall. She had managed to down play her worry in front of everyone, but in reality, she was a bundle of nerves. Every other second she would look at her watch, and towards the door.

Naina smoothed her saree for the umpteenth time. She was not sure is she did right by wearing this particular saree. She wanted to close the loop, show him that life is full circle. She wanted him to see her in his Nani's saree this time and remind him that she is there for him. And that his Nani and Nanu are there with him. Would he like that? Will he appreciate the sentiment? Or will he be sad or angry that I am reminding him of the worst day of his life?

-*-

As Sameer looked at her, standing at the door, no doubt waiting for him. He knew she faced the same anxiety as him, and cursed himself for making her wait. Just then, as if called by an invisible force, she looked at him. The time stood still.

Their eyes spoke volumes, the silence that stretched between them was the melody of their love.

As he moved towards her, he noticed the saree she was wearing. He understood. His heart swelled and his eyes moist, with the all the love he felt for her. He took her hand in his, not caring if the whole world watched them. And she let him. She sensed his need to keep her close, especially today of all days. They walked hand in hand, through the corridors of their collage, reliving the three years they spent there.

"Don't you want to join our friends, and attend our farewell party?" Naina asked after a while.

"Why? Already tired of my company?" Sameer teased.

"No No...you idiot. It was just an idea! " Naina huffed.

They again fell silent and continued with their walk. At last they reached the library. Sameer had spent so many days here, reading, working on his assignments. But mostly looking at his Naina. She was beautiful when she would be concentrating on her studies and forgot the surroundings. And it always used to be his mission to get her attention back on him. Sometimes it was just a whisper of her name "Naina...". Sometimes a caress on her hand. If sometimes it was kiss on her neck, the other times it was plucking away her book from her hands and make her chase him. Every time it ended with them finding a quite corner in the library and steal a kiss that fired up their desires.

"Oh! Look at the sunset. It is looking so beautiful " Naina pulled them towards the window.

"Yes. Beautiful." Sameer agreed looking at Naina.

Naina sensed his gaze on her, and hit his shoulder.

"Not me, idiot. Look at the Sun."

"I am looking at my Sun." Sameer kept looking at her. He never got tired of looking at her, even after all these years.

Naina blushed. The red in her cheeks competing with the hue of the sky. And everything suddenly became clear to him.

"Marry me... " the words came out of Sameer.

"What? " Naina was confused.

"Marry me..." Sameer repeated.

"Of course, we are getting married in few years. That was always understood. We had talked about it. " Naina replied.

"No. I am not talking about some future date. Marry me...now." Sameer replied, tenderly holding her face in his hands.

Naina looked her Sameer. She could read the intensity of his love, the longing for her, the barely held desire for her, in his eyes.

In the end she surrendered.

"Yes..."

Edited by Muggle_Diaries - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mehraan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Y oh y u stopped ?!!!!!...i jus had a lump in imy throat...tell me how cud i breathe like tis yaar.complete tho karna tha!!!...Infact the fandom wants to c tis sari mkes a comebac...n I was actually thinking how it wud b wen he sees her in tat again or wishing if Nanus death hadnt been...wat wud had been the scenario...Thanks for writing it KSHITHI...lovved the idea of a college farewell n Naina wearing it for him...I wud definately want to c him proposing her the xact way u did when she will be  draping it  specually for him!!...its as good as watching it dear...Trust me he shud hve completed with a wild passionate kiss...we all r starving for reunion in the show ..TUM TO MAT TARPAO!!😆 Edited by mehraan - 6 years ago
dreamyp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Plzz marry him yrr.. we r eagerly waiting..
Awsm update dear..
suhaaniladki thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
It was really sweet ... But incomplete i wish you should have written some more
MSK04 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Wow...!! This is amazing Kshithi!!
I just felt so much at peace after reading this.

How beautifully you have captured their anxiety and changes in Sameer. The hand-in-hand walk in corridors was dreamy... And the proposal was just perfect. The understanding they share, and Sameer's overwhelming love leading to the proposal... NOW... 
And Naina's Yes... ❤️

They are just meant to be... Loved reading this...!!! 😳😳
dilse99 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Beautiful! You made up for the dismal farewell scene we got in the show. I was utterly disappointed with the farewell we got - there was potential to have some good scenes there, but it was an opportunity the cv's wasted.

So happy that you gave it a happy ending here. Would love to see this translate into the show!
ruchi3179 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Amazing .Want to see all this in our show also.That saree farewell loop shd be closed in the show too.
toshibelekar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Hope we get to see this soon in the show.

The things which are uncompleted

Should be completed in coming tracks.

Very well written.
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: mehraan

Y oh y u stopped ?!!!!!...i jus had a lump in imy throat...tell me how cud i breathe like tis yaar.complete tho karna tha!!!...Infact the fandom wants to c tis sari mkes a comebac...n I was actually thinking how it wud b wen he sees her in tat again or wishing if Nanus death hadnt been...wat wud had been the scenario...Thanks for writing it KSHITHI...lovved the idea of a college farewell n Naina wearing it for him...I wud definately want to c him proposing her the xact way u did when she will be  draping it  specually for him!!...its as good as watching it dear...Trust me he shud hve completed with a wild passionate kiss...we all r starving for reunion in the show ..TUM TO MAT TARPAO!!😆

Thanks a lot Meher. 😃

Wild Passionaye Kiss huh?? 😆 Please read my other stories for that!!! Ha ha... 😉

This is a sanskari version of the story. 😃

Love
Kshithi
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: dreamyp

Plzz marry him yrr.. we r eagerly waiting..

Awsm update dear..

Thank You. 😊

Love
Kshithi