Adita Wahi kisses good-bye to Saarthi

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Adita Wahi kisses good-bye toSaarthi

Star Plus's afternoon daily Saarthi, which recently completed 400 episodes, is again in news. But for a different reason this time around. The hot news about the show is that Adita Wahi who played the negative Shefali has called it quits. And what surprises most is the time chosen to say goodbye. Mostly people cherish belonging and working for shows that complete episodes in the 100's.

So, in order to dig the rationale behind we tried to hear from the horse's mouth itself. Since Adita was not available for comment, we thought who better than the people who veer the narrative. Nirav Vaidya, the Creative Head of the show says, "It was a mutually agreed farewell. And Adita's decision to move out of the show was never treated with contempt. She was looking for a change from playing the same character and that's the whole story behind the rationale." Now, we wonder what if the other actors too follow the rationale?

Appearing in the 2.30 pm afternoon slot, Saarthi is the story of two families, their struggle with each other, their power play, their aspirations and the common dream of being the biggest corporate successes. In other words it's a modern family drama inspired by the age old epic: The Mahabharata, a fact also made clear by the frequent appearance of Lord Krishna who is the Sutradhar of story.

Stepping into Adita's shoes is the new comer Tiya Gangwani. She is all set to play the role of the vampish Shefali in the show. Tiya who makes a debut with this show has earlier been part of Zee Cinestars Ki Khoj before embarking on this project. Adds the chirpy actor, "I feel very fortunate to have landed in this role. Initially I was worried about doing justice to the character since this is my first show. But, now I am totally at ease with my vampish role. I am quite hopeful that Saarthi would be a great learning experience for me."

Hmmm...the newcomer is making the right noises. Seems she's all set to give Shefali a new life. Let's see.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iamdhol thumbnail
thanx for the article......which paper or magazine?
*~punjabiguy~* thumbnail
i dun want Shefali to change, she looked good in a bad role.
😛 😳 😭
Drama Qween thumbnail
Hi
I dun want Shefali to change.
i saw the new Shefali and she did not look good in Shefali's role.
😛 😳
Shirley thumbnail
tfs! 😃
dont want adita to go..she makes a superb shefali..how will da new one be like? 😭
Teesha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thnks 4 the article...

Sry am a lil late, as always

Teesha
rahat_fahad8 thumbnail
Hope so Sheffali change to good.
pps_pps thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanx...does any one have the pic of the new shefali???
pps_pps thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanx...does any one have the pic of the new shefali???
shefalifan thumbnail
the new sheFALI IS 🤢 I WANT THE OLD SHEFALI TO COME BACK!!!!!!! 😭 HOPE IT HAPPENS SOME DAY