the show ended just wen things were getting back on track...

adoremevirgo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
A show that I have loved so much is over and giving us no end I want to believe ssn2 will come...although in the attempt to cater mass audience channels always do injustice to classy shows i however feel they did several major mistakes...

one is that starting rehana track so late...second in the beginning they promted it as triangle between laila-anant-ahana which is ridiculous...in few episodes in ask-i-memnu bihter married adnan and this so called triangle got over...third they promoted ahant which is again wrong since here the main couple is rehana and not ahant...

however the main mistake I am explaining below...

I felt dsjz lost the essense of ask-i-memnu when ahana was victimzed by an unforgiving husband...when bihter fell in love with behrul it was not for any specific reason like adnan mistreating her...

the love just hapnd and they cudnt fall out of love subsequently which formed the pain part of their relationship...eventually bihter was cornered...the man she loves doesnt hv the guts to own the relationship and instead wants to marry the daughter of her husband...the husband wants to divorce her...wat they wanted to show that bihter has hated her mom for all her life because of her extramarital affair that killed her father but eventually bihter turned out to be the same all of which led to suicide...

in ask-i-memnu they literally lived up to their title of forbidden love...adnan was a gud husband yet bihter fell for behrul...here anant behaved so mercilessly with ahana that her heart naturally fell for the first guy who supported her through her period of misery...

wen behrul had fever bihter took care of her as gratitude because behrul helped her through her emotional crisis wen her mom was in hospital...but obviously behrul who already had feelings for her took these gestures more romantically...
thatz why after his recovery he saw bihter all decked up and running to her husband to go out with him suddenly behrul felt betrayed and the next day wen bihter showed concern wen he was going out he ridiculed her by saying dont play doctor doctor (or something like that)...

they killed the essence of forbidden love by showing reason of anant being a bad husband...its ridiculous that this is indian concept...indian women r not all sati savitri...
the serial makers must open their eyes and look around...extramaritals under the nose of husband is extremely common in indian society too...

I feel watever mistakes they did with the storyline was because of pressure from channel...i refuse to believe that VB wanted to show reason...the bhatt clan members r extremely bold showmakers and as such they always target the niche audience...it was VB's mistake to take this project to a mainstream channel...in india it can work only as web series...VB has his own app launched on Jan 26 other than VIU of which he is part owner...he shud hv shown it as webseries only then the story's authenticity cud be maintained...

However, I feel VB has brought the story back on track in the last few episodes...things r similar (to ask-i-memnu) now...they kissing and later ahana saying i am not sorry for wat hapnd...in the vase scene rehaan got close to her and she did not push him away...wen he had fever and vyoma was fighting with him ahana drove her away with authority...then ahana sharing her feelings with him instead of anant...

then this last rehana scene where rehaan confessed his love...his confession came after the string of the above moments...now he feels even ahana loves him and cares for him...herein VB can bring the story back on track...

if (when) ssn2 hapens they shud start with ahana going to bahamas with anant leaving rehaan heartbroken...

this way VB can show that ahana did all the abovementioned moments out of gratitude because rehaan was so supportive during her crisis period...and with ahana going away with anant rehana will be devastated and then that fishermen scene (behrul in inebriated state will confess to some fishermen that he cannot live widout bihter) can happen...

in the meanwhile in the bahamas trip ahana-anant will reconcile and anant will redeem himself by assuring to love and understand her always...they will return happy and in-love couple...only then wen again ahana will fall for rehaan this time it will happen despite the fact that she has a loving husband and the essence of forbidden love will be back...

I hv high hopes for ssn2...since channel will be relaunching so i am hoping they will keep 10.30 to 11 slot for niche audience...and then in ssn2 they will do full justice to the story...if VB is given free rein and channel does not interfere then dsjz can reach such heights that we cannot even begin to imagine...and here i am not including the magical chem between ashim and smiriti...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spnfan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Most Posts (July 2022) 1 Thumbnail + 6
The change in the storyline was definitely due to the channel. I guess when the channel decided to end the show the makers went back to being bold. Ahana was back to wearing 'not so sanskaari' clothes. Her dress during the kiss was way too bold for a hindi serial female lead and the red dress after that was way too short for a sanskari bahu๐Ÿ˜†
showing rehaan's one sided love for too long was kind of creepy. Rehan fell for ahana way too early anf without any valid reasons. I guess the makers wanted to show ahana also getting close to rehaan after the honeymoon but the channel delayed it. I remember smriti saying in an iv that due to channrl interference there made slight changes to the storyline and even her character and her wardrobe.
I also hope ahana goes to the bahamas with anant and when she comes back rehaan will be back with vyoma which wont go down well with ahana.
I have seen 2 of vb's web series and they were good.
Dsjz camnot be made into a web series since webseries has to be very short or else people looses their interest. All web series has 10-12 episodes per season and dsjz cannot be shot that way. 
Edited by spnfan - 6 years ago
eufara_naghm thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Yeah they altered the story
I read it in wiki
And saw some epis...
Well they're at least valid reasons!
I hope season 2 is better than this!
adoremevirgo thumbnail

Originally posted by: spnfan

The change in the storyline was definitely due to the channel. I guess when the channel decided to end the show the makers went back to being bold. Ahana was back to wearing 'not so sanskaari' clothes. Her dress during the kiss was way too bold for a hindi serial female lead and the red dress after that was way too short for a sanskari bahu๐Ÿ˜†

showing rehaan's one sided love for too long was kind of creepy. Rehan fell for ahana way too early anf without any valid reasons. I guess the makers wanted to show ahana also getting close to rehaan after the honeymoon but the channel delayed it. I remember smriti saying in an iv that due to channrl interference there made slight changes to the storyline and even her character and her wardrobe.
I also hope ahana goes to the bahamas with anant and when she comes back rehaan will be back with vyoma which wont go down well with ahana.
I have seen 2 of vb's web series and they were good.
Dsjz camnot be made into a web series since webseries has to be very short or else people looses their interest. All web series has 10-12 episodes per season and dsjz cannot be shot that way. 

ok then they shud take it to hotstar like they did with badtameez dil...i just want to say they must hv some plans otherwise they wud hv shown some kind of ending...tell me one thing...wat kind of ending can u make out from the last scene...i hv seen that scene maybe million times but from no angle i can see any kind of ending...
spnfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: adoremevirgo

ok then they shud take it to hotstar like they did with badtameez dil...i just want to say they must hv some plans otherwise they wud hv shown some kind of ending...tell me one thing...wat kind of ending can u make out from the last scene...i hv seen that scene maybe million times but from no angle i can see any kind of ending...

hotstar is the best option since a lot of people watches serials on hotstar. the audience of hotstar is different from that of people who watches web series. hotstar audience are much more patient and fine with long no.of episodes and i guess hotstar has pretty good viewership as well.

the ending definitely wasnt 'the end' of the show. they ended it with a hope that they can get another season. i guess the makers wanted to stay true to the original and has hope for a s2 as well. sanjay kapoor is still promoting the show with dsjz hastage. i guess the actors are still hoping for a s2 like us. if there is a s2 i guess they will show it as roshini or laila's dream. there is no other way since anant caught rehan red-handeded. it could have still been fine if anant only read the letter and didnt see rehana together. laila can manipulate the letter or vyoma can come and say she wrote that in a fit of anger and its not true.
adoremevirgo thumbnail

hotstar is the best option since a lot of people watches serials on hotstar. the audience of hotstar is different from that of people who watches web series. hotstar audience are much more patient and fine with long no.of episodes and i guess hotstar has pretty good viewership as well.

the ending definitely wasnt 'the end' of the show. they ended it with a hope that they can get another season. i guess the makers wanted to stay true to the original and has hope for a s2 as well. sanjay kapoor is still promoting the show with dsjz hastage. i guess the actors are still hoping for a s2 like us. if there is a s2 i guess they will show it as roshini or laila's dream. there is no other way since anant caught rehan red-handeded. it could have still been fine if anant only read the letter and didnt see rehana together. laila can manipulate the letter or vyoma can come and say she wrote that in a fit of anger and its not true.

that i agree...i follow all the actors on insta...and from their posts it is very clear they r always ready to complete the show...this a globally popular show with lots of acting potential for all the characters due to the emotional complexities...

i am sure the day channel will call them they will make dates for this show...i am really missing rehaana...

ok now even i feel that last scene is a dream...i mean rehaana scene is real...at this juncture rehaan's proposal is very obvious...the way rehaan was looking at ahana at breakfast table wen anant told ahana about bahamas trip...it was obvious rehaan is at the point of breakdown..

i feel it is roshni's dream that anant reads vyoma's letter and then anant catching rehaana red-handed is also roshni's dream...because the real letter of vyoma has been torn into pieces by laila...

really now they ended this show with no answer how anant got vyoma's letter wen it was already torn by laila...

i am really hoping there will be ssn2 or else will be shifted to hotstar...fingers crossed...
Manoshono thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I am liking these discussions here.. !!

Firstly, I may sound selfish, but I don't want to see The show airing on Hofstra because hotstar doesn't telecast in the USA. And I would absolutely prefer to watch it, if ever it permits on to air in the USA.(for free) ๐Ÿ˜›

Coming back to the story... honestly, when I saw the glimpses of the episodes here and there I thought Rehaan was Ahana's ex and that he disliked seeing her with that old man. Lol! The scorching chemistry between them was still so brilliant and it was coming as a point of view from a person like me who used to just sneak and peak through it time to time. What I am trying to say here is that the promotions were obviously wrong. Anant and Ahana couldn't grasp my attention until very end of the serial when one of cousin recommended to give it a try due to Rehana's track which I guess everyone was waiting for. That's when I learned about the show from the start, keeping aside what Ask I Memnu was about. All i knew that it was tragic end.

I wish to see the S2 with Rehana's track because it had immense potential to be successful. Since the makers couldn't cater for the right couple, I want the makers to take a right stand this time and focus on the original track. I am sure they will be able to grab more eye balls in the future. However, we know the end won't be too happy, I still want S2 to come because of its intense love story between Rehana which I am longing to see ever since their track started! Everything seems so perfect for the serial.Edited by Manoshono - 6 years ago
spnfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: adoremevirgo

that i agree...i follow all the actors on insta...and from their posts it is very clear they r always ready to complete the show...this a globally popular show with lots of acting potential for all the characters due to the emotional complexities...

i am sure the day channel will call them they will make dates for this show...i am really missing rehaana...

ok now even i feel that last scene is a dream...i mean rehaana scene is real...at this juncture rehaan's proposal is very obvious...the way rehaan was looking at ahana at breakfast table wen anant told ahana about bahamas trip...it was obvious rehaan is at the point of breakdown..

i feel it is roshni's dream that anant reads vyoma's letter and then anant catching rehaana red-handed is also roshni's dream...because the real letter of vyoma has been torn into pieces by laila...

really now they ended this show with no answer how anant got vyoma's letter wen it was already torn by laila...

i am really hoping there will be ssn2 or else will be shifted to hotstar...fingers crossed...

roshini took the pic of the real letter and rewrote it. she changed laila's letter. the girl is very clever and wicked. she was a step ahead of laila.๐Ÿ˜•

spnfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Manoshono

I am liking these discussions here.. !!

Firstly, I may sound selfish, but I don't want to see The show airing on Hofstra because hotstar doesn't telecast in the USA. And I would absolutely prefer to watch it, if ever it permits on to air in the USA.(for free) ๐Ÿ˜›

Coming back to the story... honestly, when I saw the glimpses of the episodes here and there I thought Rehaan was Ahana's ex and that he disliked seeing her with that old man. Lol! The scorching chemistry between them was still so brilliant and it was coming as a point of view from a person like me who used to just sneak and peak through it time to time. What I am trying to say here is that the promotions were obviously wrong. Anant and Ahana couldn't grasp my attention until very end of the serial when one of cousin recommended to give it a try due to Rehana's track which I guess everyone was waiting for. That's when I learned about the show from the start, keeping aside what Ask I Memnu was about. All i knew that it was tragic end.

I wish to see the S2 with Rehana's track because it had immense potential to be successful. Since the makers couldn't cater for the right couple, I want the makers to take a right stand this time and focus on the original track. I am sure they will be able to grab more eye balls in the future. However, we know the end won't be too happy, I still want S2 to come because of its intense love story between Rehana which I am longing to see ever since their track started! Everything seems so perfect for the serial.

they made the biggest blunder by over promoting anant-ahana. aashim and smriti have sizzling chemistry which could easily attract young viewers. i liked them together after watching the first episode on hotstar itself. at that time i wasn't thinking of watching the show regularly. i didnt even give second look to the promo when it aired but after knowing the real story i got interested in it. i started watching it more than a month after it started. aftr 2 week into the show the stupid channel decided to end it๐Ÿคข. 
i also hope that they promote the show properly if there is a s2. rehan was nowhere to be seen in the promos of the show when it started. 
Manoshono thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

they made the biggest blunder by over promoting anant-ahana. aashim and smriti have sizzling chemistry which could easily attract young viewers. i liked them together after watching the first episode on hotstar itself. at that time i wasn'tthinking of watching the show regularly. i didnt even give second look to the promo when it aired but after knowing the real story i got interested in it. i started watching it more than a month after it started. aftr2 week into the show the stupid channel decided to end it๐Ÿคข.
i also hope that they promote the show properly if there is a s2. rehan was nowhere to be seen in the promos of the show when it started.

Rehan and Ahana were already a hint since the start isn't it? Then, why couldn't they were able to show them in the promos too? Uh!

And the way it all started with that bracelet which was super close to Ahana's heart gifted by her precious dad and Rehaan keeping it safe until he finally gave it to her. Everything was pretty clear. With Anant like everyone judged, it was merely a fatherly attraction that Ahana couldn't sustain in her own father.