What happened to Indian TV?

azaanabbas thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Dil Sambhal Jaa Zaraa is sadly going off air on Friday and its sad that our channels have gone so downhill as to where regressive series do better than bold and in my opinion, Indian TV has gone downhill ironically after these new rebrands on Zee TV & Star Plus, as well as Sony/Colors. There were good shows at the time like Doli Armaanon Ki, Bade Achhe Lagte Hain, Beintehaa, Manmarziyaan and more. Now since these rebrands very few shows are good ; this is one of the bearable shows now. I miss the good days when the idents were stellar like ''Umeed Se Saje Zindagi'' on Zee TV , ''Rishta Wahi Soch Nayi'' on Star Plus , and ''Ghar Aayi Har Khushi'' on Sony TV with equally stellar shows on from 7-11pm and even from 11pm-12am at times. You could watch Indian dramas for hours but now channels, despite having so-called forward rebrands, have gone backwards in terms of entertainment. Just a personal opinion.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anael24 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Not just your opinion, mine too!
I don't watch any serials since years and came back for DSJZ only but alas, the watchers are so unfortunate that its going off air so soon.
Nevemind enjoy this one as much as you can cause we really don't know when something worth watching will be shown again.
Tahira_Ovb thumbnail
I've always said this, these days people prefer watching unreasonable shows. I miss those days of Dahleez, Manmarziyan e.t.c and now when I finally found DSJZ, the most reasonable show on Star Plus right now it's going off air and we can't do anything about it. But there will be another show that will interest me someday. 
Harshsam thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
It's like the only show which work are those with nonsense illogical shit 
spnfan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Most Posts (July 2022) 1 Thumbnail + 6
The sad part is its deteriorating by each passing year. I guess even kyunki and kasauti had way better standards than the serials that are running now. 
I still remember how good tu tu main main used to be and i used to be barely 6 or 7 years old when it used to air.
I hopr soon web series take over channels and make them run fkr their money. Its the only way the channels will think to bring something new or the govt end this trp thing once and for all. It ruined the quality of tv shows.

sujairohit thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
So true.Miss those golden days of tv viewing when there was quality shows.Like initially when zee started they had very good show like hastarein,tara,banegi apni baat.After that 1998 to 2000 also they had some good shows like dollar bahu ,margarita which star milind soman,and also there was this very good show which was my fvt ankahi which  star vivek mushran in negative role.All this was weekly show so was good and ended after 6 mths.later on there was kareena kareena with kulraj randhawa ,also in 2009 there was some good shows like jhansi ki rani,12/24 karol bagh smiriti's debut show and Aap ki antara about autistic girl in which the little girl was brilliant.
Also sony tv when it started they had good shows i remember hospital in which 2 journalist try to investigate malpractices in hospital ,Naved aslam a very good actor was in the show also bhanwar was very good.
Like wise even star tv had some weekly shows at 9 pm slot ,i remember kashmir in which gulpanag made her debut.but that show ended abruptly due low trp.After that it went downhill with ekta shows 

Now we have to be lucky to get to see some good shows,hopefully with the launch of new channel Discovery jeet we can see some quality shows ,and also that the channel doesn't shut down like zindagi tv in the trp rat race.
spnfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: sujairohit

So true.Miss those golden days of tv viewing when there was quality shows.Like initially when zee started they had very good show like hastarein,tara,banegi apni baat.After that 1998 to 2000 also they had some good shows like dollar bahu ,margarita which star milind soman,and also there was this very good show which was my fvt ankahi which  star vivek mushran in negative role.All this was weekly show so was good and ended after 6 mths.later on there was kareena kareena with kulraj randhawa ,also in 2009 there was some good shows like jhansi ki rani,12/24 karol bagh smiriti's debut show and Aap ki antara about autistic girl in which the little girl was brilliant.

Also sony tv when it started they had good shows i remember hospital in which 2 journalist try to investigate malpractices in hospital ,Naved aslam a very good actor was in the show also bhanwar was very good.
Like wise even star tv had some weekly shows at 9 pm slot ,i remember kashmir in which gulpanag made her debut.but that show ended abruptly due low trp.After that it went downhill with ekta shows 

Now we have to be lucky to get to see some good shows,hopefully with the launch of new channel Discovery jeet we can see some quality shows ,and also that the channel doesn't shut down like zindagi tv in the trp rat race.

i recently watched aashim's debut show gulmohar grand. it was also good and i heard it also ended abruptly even though it was well received internationally. like dsjz it was also topping the charts in the UK.  it was supposed to be a 24 episode drama but ended with 17 episodes. except for the last couple of episodes the show was really good and was shot in a real hotel. i guess there is no place for classy and standard shows on indian television nowadays.

a person with a little common sense will understand that shows like dsjz or pow are never gonna have mass audience or trp then why does the channel agrees to air it and then end it abruptly due to trp. why waste the hard work of so many people? 
shajain thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I came back to Indian television after 2 years with this show and now its time to leave it again..
Kuch nae sakta India and Indian television ka [:x]
azaanabbas thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sujairohit

Zindagi had done quite well! Humsafar had reached 2.4 at one point. Its the fact that after they dropped all Pakistani content on their lineup the channel went from 100 to 0. The max reached with the non-Pakistani/Indian serials were 0.3. Sad how over-nationalism caused the failure of a network.
spnfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: azaanabbas

Zindagi had done quite well! Humsafar had reached 2.4 at one point. Its the fact that after they dropped all Pakistani content on their lineup the channel went from 100 to 0. The max reached with the non-Pakistani/Indian serials were 0.3. Sad how over-nationalism caused the failure of a network.

both the countries stopped airing shows from the other country.
It was not just india which stopped airing pak shows.
It has nothing to do with over-nationalism. Zindagi still had good turkish shows which had bolder content than pak dramas and still people stopped watching it. Its more like people loose interest after sometime. Even if they kept on airing pak dramas after a point people will be done with it. Humsafar had mahira and fawad as the leads and they were already quite famous in india so people who dont regularly watch zindagu would have also tunned in to watch it. Zindagi gulzar hai was a much better show but didnt had that much trp because it aired before fawad made his debut in bwood.