BombayTimes:I love adding Gujarati nuances to my char:Sachin Parikh

cherry_sd thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Sachin Parikh: I love adding Gujarati nuances to my character in 'Dil Se Dil Tak

Actor Sachin Parikh, who plays a Gujarati character in the show 'Dil Se Dil Tak', says that he is enjoying being part of it. The actor says the show means a lot to him. "I love being part of the team. The show is completing its run for almost one year now. I'm playing the role of Ramnik Bhanushali in the show. It's a show which has a decent TRP. To talk about my role in the show, I'm a strong headed Gujarati businessman from Baroda. Being a Gujarati, this is my chance to put some Gujarati nuances in my character, which is making it look more authentic and giving a good flavour," he says.

The actor, who has been part of the show since a while now, says that his co-actors Jasmin Bhasin, Rashami Desai and Siddharth Shukla, have become like family now. "I have been shooting since almost a year with the Dil Se Dil Tak team. The entire team including Jasmin, Rashami and Siddharth, has become an extended family for me. I also share a great bond with Tej Sapporo, who is playing my father, and Vaishnavi, who is playing my wife," he says.

Although the show is based on the sensitive concept of surrogacy, the actor says that the story has been handled well by the creative team. "Surrogacy is a very sensitive issue, especially in our conservative Indian society. Every such issue which is shown on Indian Television needs to be dealt with a lot of care and sensitivity. And I think the creatives and writers of 'Dil Se Dil Tak' are doing an amazing job to balance with keeping in other entertaining elements in the show," he says.

The actor adds that TV today is attempting to showcase shows on different topics. He is keen to see a period drama on the different cultures in India. " I love to watch historical and mythological dramas on TV. But I strongly feel the makers need to keep the authenticity of the subject which are written in our Puranas and Vedas. To make the show run longer or more interesting, the tale shall not be twisted by any means. This will generate wrong information and knowledge to the audience, who follow the culture and traditions of same sect or religion. I want to see the history of Hindu culture and religions in different territories followed by different people in India. All this can be shown in one show, one by one. I believe this can become the longest and the most successful running show in the history of Indian Television," he says.

Ask him which he favourite show is, and he says, "My favourite show so far on TV has been 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev."

http://www.bombaytimes.com/tv/india/sachin-parikh-i-love-adding-gujarati-nuances-to-my-character-in-dil-se-dil-tak/articleshow/62567123.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

goofyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
I wonder why he is still talking about Sidharth ๐Ÿ˜† 

No comments on surrogacy and entertaining elements in the show, but I think Sachin's character in the rival Sony show was much better than this one.
DimpledGirl203 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: _goofyCat_

I wonder why he is still talking about Sidharth๐Ÿ˜†
No comments on surrogacy and entertaining elements in the show, but I think Sachin's character in the rival Sony show was much better than this one.

He must be one disgruntled element who doesnt want to move on from sidharth and is still talking about him ๐Ÿ˜†