Here's Why I Loved Watching Vikas Gupta More Than Shilpa Shinde

girlie_giggles thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago

Posted On 18 Jan 2018 | Updated On 18 Jan 2018 

I am a complete Bigg Boss junkie. I obsessively watch each and every episode (I missed watching five while I was on holiday and, who cares if it's over, I will still watch them), and on most mornings between October and December I am found in one corner of the office discussing last night's moments on BB with fellow fans. I love trashy reality shows and Bigg Boss is the OG queen of drama! This season turned out to be a treasure trove of entertainment, with hourly fights, twists, mind games and what not. Heck, a fake-ish love story was also thrown in for fun! In the end it was Shilpa Shinde who walked away with the trophy and, honestly, I wasn't too surprised. Everyone loved her and I could see why; however, I was rooting for Vikas Gupta instead.

Watching Vikas on a show like Bigg Boss made for a great change. On a platform where screaming and fighting is known to make you win, here was a person who only functioned on strategies. With each task in the house I was hooked, waiting to see what twist he would bring in. My favourite task of his remains the "Cushion Task" where he was playing against Shilpa. The two had to make a set number of cushions and also ensure that they have more money than the other person. Shilpa ended up playing dirty and stealing all of his money, while Vikas simply went and picked up her cotton sack and then demanded that she pay him to get it back and continue the task. No drama, much entertainment!

Between Shilpa and Vikas I loved the latter simply because his form of entertainment is what we need on reality TV. Come on, its 2018 and we certainly don't need a fake love story, a crazy contestant or fights about someone using tap water in their food. It is fun, but this is fun too (and it's much more engaging). Vikas used his brains in a game that is known only for being trashy and, while he did not win, I hope that his popularity pushes the makers to get more such people on the show.

We don't need to stick with the tried and test formula when it comes to BB. Vikas made for a pleasant change, and I would happily swap Shilpa and Hina Khan's drama for more of his "mastermind" strokes!

https://www.idiva.com/news-entertainment/heres-why-i-loved-watching-vikas-gupta-more-than-shilpa-shinde/17073989

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

girlie_giggles thumbnail
Can't agree more with the author...

She won the trophy and Vikas won hearts...
fosla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Yayyy!! More power to him for making the game classy

This is why this season will be known as the Vikas Gupta show
Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I preferred Vikas if not Hina. I'm sure I'd have supported him had Hina not been in this season. 

Originally posted by: fosla

Yayyy!! More power to him for making the game classy

This is why this season will be known as the Vikas Gupta show

Vikas is sexy 😳
saga_twilight thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Brain is the new sexy on BB
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
though i dont like vikas. what has shilpa given for entertainment to the game except for arshi n aakash making her a victim . BB mostly airs tasks n in the shilpa was never no 1 performer. BB this time was interesting to watch coz of vikas n hina
girlie_giggles thumbnail

Originally posted by: saga_twilight

Brain is the new sexy on BB

For the first time ever...

All thanks to the Master Mind...
Edited by girlie_giggles - 6 years ago
aashyagh thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I agree with the author, author spoke my mind! Infact many who loved the show as it was fun and enjoyable due to his strategies than the fights
tanvismile thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
So true. Vikas really changed the game which was only known for thrashing others.