Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mira25 thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

In a particularly cringeworthy and disgusting scene in Kasaba, Mammootty, playing Rajan Zackariah, an IPS officer, pulls a senior lady officer by the buckle of her belt towards him and says he could "f**k" her enough to make it difficult for her to walk for a week. The scene was written and directed by Nithin Renji Panicker, son of Renji Panicker, who also wrote multiple misogynistic dialogues and characters for Mammootty and Suresh Gopi during his prime. 

What nonsense! Not just this, copy pasting from the main post -

Mammootty verbally abusing various woman characters, including grabbing a policewoman by the belt and threatening to punch her so severely that it would apparently result in immediate menstruation.

How nauseating is this! These kind of dialogues may be visceral and disturbing for some weak-minded viewers. Whoever conceived such lines, I only see them as hopeless chauvinists.

Parvathy was right in her criticism of the glorification of such mindless violence and misogyny. I read that the fans' fury quickly escalated into rape and death threats. The superstar maintained a stoic silence instead of shutting down the the abusers. He rather gave a tame response saying "I don't want to get into controversy". She was also abused by the producer and director, but he chose to ignore ðŸ¤¢. The worst part is the offender who was arrested and out on bail was given employment in the producer's office, maybe to get back at her. What a pathetic mindset. 
Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I always loved mamooty for the clean image he has maintained in his 25 yrs of career bt his silence to d controversy jus lost him a fan in me! Its disgusting the way paro is trolled n abused in SNS n i think her pals like rima is jus trying to get max attention from d controversy:< i love it that my girl dint back down n infact is head strong taking it all in maturity you go gurl:D
Im completely on her side that scene was cringeworthy n actor of mamooty's level shouldnt encourage such disgusting mentality!
Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: TheRager

The misogyny in Kerala film industry seems worse than any other film industry.

Misogyny is everywhere bt only kerala film industry A lister actress had the courage to question a superstar which i dont see happening in any other industry anytime soon n d no.1 actress of mallu industry is a 40+ divorcee with an 15+yr daughter n here she is treated as equal to d two superstar n that too wont happn in any other mainstream industry! So evn though i agree that misogyny exist at a higher level in kerala bt at the same time most of the actresses are head strong enough to question them n go ahead.., actresses now evn have an organisation for themselves:D

Woah ... does mamoothy fans be classified as Malayam movie fans ?? if yes , then I am shocked . Parvathy recently mentioned how progressive Malayam industry fans ( given fact how good progressive mallu movies are and how well they are being recieved )
SrideviFan4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Edited by SrideviFan4ever - 6 years ago
-cynicalmess- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
So proud of paru...Amidst all the trollings her statement is making a difference where it is concerned.
https://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/malayalam/movies/news/parvathy-has-made-us-cautious-of-our-writing-bobby-sanjay/articleshow/62222151.cms
For those who don't know,Bobby-Sanjay duo are among best script writers in the malayalam industry..

anjaanichudi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Didn't her female colleagues speak up for her? 
anjaanichudi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Cute-over-Hot

I think it's not just about Parvathy criticizing mammootty.

There is a lot of underlying factors behind it.
Recently there is a bitterness/hostility developed in mind of male youth aganst girls about girls being gold diggers..number of incidence of girls breaking up the relationship when a better alliance comes has increased tremendously in past 2-3yrs which is the reason for this bitterness among boys.
And there were few cases of reversal of gender inequality cases reported which made boys insecure.
All this acted as a catalyst here and the outburst came strong.
Now unfortunately an anti-feminism wave has developed in the society.

They pick one bad n malign 99 good n v r supposed to just look at the one gud n ignore the 99 bad.

They waste time cracking jokes on us n women r achieving greater heights.  I guess it's insecurity dt dy can be rejected,  unlike earlier when only men had d upper hand to reject or accept. 
Mira25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -cynicalmess-

So proud of paru...Amidst all the trollings her statement is making a difference where it is concerned.

https://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/malayalam/movies/news/parvathy-has-made-us-cautious-of-our-writing-bobby-sanjay/articleshow/62222151.cms
For those who don't know,Bobby-Sanjay duo are among best script writers in the malayalam industry..

A well-thoughtout letter, a self-introspection. Are they writers? Like you said, the voice of support comes from a place where it actually matters. Amid the negativity and malice, a perfect sarcastic response to the chauvinistic minds. They have beautifully implied that they as writers, must have an understanding of their place in the scheme of things. IMO the real issue here is that a woman, an actress has voiced her opinion strongly against the wrong practices deeply ingrained in a male-dominated industry.  
Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Kerela hai toh sab allowed hoga for liberals ðŸ˜†