spnfan thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
hi i am priya.. 3-4 days ago on youtube i came across the title track of dil sambhal jaa zara and i loved it. i was aware that this show but never intented to watch it. when i saw the promo i didnt find it much appealing since it looked the same as kuch toh log kahenge and thought it to be a typical love story b/w a young girl and an older guy. we can totally imagine the kind of difficulties they were gonna face when they fall in love. but on yt i read the comment section and it was written that this story is inspired from a turkish show ask-i-memnu so since i was free and has a habit of searching anything and everything on google i searched ask-i-memnu. the outline story was on wiki and i liked it. since i have seen surveen guggal (for a short period) and i liked smriti's acting i thought of watching the first episode. it was shot very nicely and the guy playing rehaan looks like the love child of Siddharth malhotra and aditya roy kapoor😆.
for the people who dont know anything about ask-i-memnu and wants to watch dil sambhal jaa zara without any spoilers please refrain from reading further. i dont want to be a spoil sport for u guys.

so since this forum is not very active and i dont have much patience i googled more about aim and came to read a blog with a much more detailed description of the story than in wiki.
http://blogpunyanovaback.blogspot.in/2014/11/ask-i-memnu-forbidden-love-most.html
this is that blog.
i also watched the first episode in urdu on youtube. i guess the urdu version is edited. 
after reading the blog and watching the first episode i have a very bad feeling about the character rehaan( behlul). i guess in the indian version they have toned down his character a bit. in the Turkish version, he seems to be a sadist. the way he behaved with saloni's character was pathetic. he seemed like a psycho to me. in the indian version it was more like leg pulling or irritating her. also in the turkish version saloni and rehaan breaks up because he cheats on her and in indian version he breaks up with her because he didnt want to have a commited relationship.
when i read the blog i couldnt understand why ahana's character or for that matter any girl who loved rehaan loved him to the extent that they went obsessed with him? i understand why she felt attracted to him and i can even understand why she had an affair with him but i cannot understand why she loved him to the extent that she cannot live a moment without him. i would have understood his character if he stayed away from her just for the sake of his uncle but it seems he loved his uncle's money and himself way more than what he felt for ahana. i think even his current girlfriend attempts suicide after he breaks off the engagement with her.
if behter had the guts to marry anand why she wasn't strong enough to move on from a spineless coward like behlul?  while reading the story i felt both the character needed each other physically than emotionally. 
also it is said that behlul loved nihal as a sister but the way he behaved with her kind of gave mixed signals to her. i dont see that in the indian version till now. except for rehan saying to marry him in a funny manner, he treats her like a sister only. 

is there any valid reason why behter loved behlul unconditionally? the guy dont seem to have it in him to deserve that kind of love from any of the women in his life?
hope the indian makers do a better job with rehaan. till date, he seems to be more immature and childish than a sadist or a selfish jerk.. also did behlul start to have feeling for behter as early as rehaan started to have feeling for ahana?

i just want a clear picture of this drama before i invest my time in it. i havent watched any indian soap for an year and dont intent to wtach any if it is not worth it.
Edited by spnfan - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ronshaan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
haha you wrote don't read ahead so i didn't read
yes this show is different and that's why i loved it as well. 

spnfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: ronshaan

haha you wrote don't read ahead so i didn't read

yes this show is different and that's why i loved it as well. 

😆
I liked the story and how it is shot till now but since this is an indian serial there are high chances of it either getting ruined or ending abrupt😕. So i am bit skeptic about watching it. I watched 2 web series of vikram bhatt and both were good. I hope he is powerful enough to tell the story the way he wants to and dont let star plus boss him around. I guess channels are the ones who ruined indian serials..
mrym_rauf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I have not watched initial few episodes of ask i memnu but m watching it now n from what i m seeing i think behlul loves his uncle very much just like rehaan shown here, initially he didn't like bihter as he thought she is a gold digger n was thrown out of the house, they had a sort of hatred relationship.
But slowly behlul started seeing real bihter n her softer side n started understanding her, yeah firstly it was physical attraction but the guy really fell for her n no he didnt fall for bihter so early like rehaan,
I just loved how he is shown resisting his love for her, how he feels guilty for feeling attractive to her, m just loving the actor playing behlul, what i didnt understand that how bihter's hatred changed, maybe they were living together in the same house so she preferred to have good relation with him, n having a good relation with him cost her too much as she also started seeing a different behlul n fell for him!
At first she resisted n even slapped behlul but her feelings betrayed her, i loved how she cried when behlul first kissed her, she was jus so embarassed n heart broken n convinced herself that she only loves her husband! She tried hard to stay away from him but the damage was done! At the point where i have reached they r still fighting hard to resist each other now i wonder who'll surrender first behlul or bihter?!
M loving their story they dont want to be together but still crave for each other! I know this is wrong but m loving this craving but i think that when this craving wld end n they'll cheat Adnan(anant) i'll start disliking them lol!

spnfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: mrym_rauf

I have not watched initial few episodes of ask i memnu but m watching it now n from what i m seeing i think behlul loves his uncle very much just like rehaan shown here, initially he didn't like bihter as he thought she is a gold digger n was thrown out of the house, they had a sort of hatred relationship.

But slowly behlul started seeing real bihter n her softer side n started understanding her, yeah firstly it was physical attraction but the guy really fell for her n no he didnt fall for bihter so early like rehaan,
I just loved how he is shown resisting his love for her, how he feels guilty for feeling attractive to her, m just loving the actor playing behlul, what i didnt understand that how bihter's hatred changed, maybe they were living together in the same house so she preferred to have good relation with him, n having a good relation with him cost her too much as she also started seeing a different behlul n fell for him!
At first she resisted n even slapped behlul but her feelings betrayed her, i loved how she cried when behlul first kissed her, she was jus so embarassed n heart broken n convinced herself that she only loves her husband! She tried hard to stay away from him but the damage was done! At the point where i have reached they r still fighting hard to resist each other now i wonder who'll surrender first behlul or bihter?!
M loving their story they dont want to be together but still crave for each other! I know this is wrong but m loving this craving but i think that when this craving wld end n they'll cheat Adnan(anant) i'll start disliking them lol!

i think in the indian version they are not making rehaan  as dark as behlul. I absolutely hated the way he talked to saloni's character in the turkish version. Here he is more chidish and mischievous and dont seem to be clever or cunning.
I watched the first episode and there was no scene like ahana giving back the flowers to rehaan and loosing her bracelet. I dont know whether it was edited out or not. The episode was only 30 or 40 mins long and i read turkish shows are 60-90mins long.
mrym_rauf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: spnfan

i think in the indian version they are not making rehaan  as dark as behlul. I absolutely hated the way he talked to saloni's character in the turkish version. Here he is more chidish and mischievous and dont seem to be clever or cunning.
I watched the first episode and there was no scene like ahana giving back the flowers to rehaan and loosing her bracelet. I dont know whether it was edited out or not. The episode was only 30 or 40 mins long and i read turkish shows are 60-90mins long.

yes turkish shows r 60-90 minutes long n ask i memnu has 80 episodes but urdu version have 180 something episodes of 40 minutes each, so i think they edit out only bold scenes, n abt that flower n bracelet scene i think its indian's version improvisation there wasn't any scene of that type in turkish version! I think they added it to throw some kind of clue on us abt their future story!
i dont know how he behaved with saloni, but yeah u r right he is a bit selfish as he fell for his uncle's wife n went on seeing her secretly, but it wasn't one sided as bihter also gave up n chose to be with him! n from what i know of this series i think behlul's love for his uncle or fear of loosing his family was much bigger than his love for bihter so yeah u can say that he was a coward n a character with flaws who ruined his own n bihter's life for his own desires which he himself couldn't categorise as not forbidden!
spnfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: mrym_rauf

yes turkish shows r 60-90 minutes long n ask i memnu has 80 episodes but urdu version have 180 something episodes of 40 minutes each, so i think they edit out only bold scenes, n abt that flower n bracelet scene i think its indian's version improvisation there wasn't any scene of that type in turkish version! I think they added it to throw some kind of clue on us abt their future story!
i dont know how he behaved with saloni, but yeah u r right he is a bit selfish as he fell for his uncle's wife n went on seeing her secretly, but it wasn't one sided as bihter also gave up n chose to be with him! n from what i know of this series i think behlul's love for his uncle or fear of loosing his family was much bigger than his love for bihter so yeah u can say that he was a coward n a character with flaws who ruined his own n bihter's life for his own desires which he himself couldn't categorise as not forbidden!

i completely get how they both fell in love and even understand their affair but dont get how did behter fall unconditionally in love with a guy who never stood up for her. also when i read the wiki story i thought he was forced to be with nihal but when i read in detail he pretended to be in love with her and even got physical with her. i guess he even cheats on behter in b/w when they got into a fight. 

sujairohit thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I have watched the entire original show in urdu.Like you mentioned in order to justify Ahana falling for Rehan they have included this kundali and hypnosis thing which is totally Indian idea not seen in the original.But I agree with you how star plus is going to show the betrayal thing and how far are they going to support the show as already there rumours of show going off air.
That aside do watch it as it is well shot feel like you are watching a movie.
Also behlul is forced to get engaged as he is blackmailed by the driver as he has see both behlul and bihter together.Yes he does betrays bihter when they got into a fight.So behlul was a coward who couldn't run away with Bihter even though she was ready to leave everything behind.
sujairohit thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
The actor playing behlul Kivaanc tatlitug is very good .I became is fan after watching Kuzey guney on zindagi channel.He is totally opposite of behlul .Very aggressive gets angry fast but very soft hearted and everyone takes advantage of him.You will fall in love with him if you watch him Kuzey guney.But that drama drags a little and you have to have patience towatch it ,even i have not seen last 20 odd episodes as zindagi channel shut down midway.
spnfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: sujairohit

I have watched the entire original show in urdu.Like you mentioned in order to justify Ahana falling for Rehan they have included this kundali and hypnosis thing which is totally Indian idea not seen in the original.But I agree with you how star plus is going to show the betrayal thing and how far are they going to support the show as already there rumours of show going off air.

That aside do watch it as it is well shot feel like you are watching a movie.
Also behlul is forced to get engaged as he is blackmailed by the driver as he has see both behlul and bihter together.Yes he does betrays bihter when they got into a fight.So behlul was a coward who couldn't run away with Bihter even though she was ready to leave everything behind.

i get his cowardliness as well. he is betraying the person who gave him a family and loved him unconditionally but dont get the way he cheats around behter and nihal. i get the love b/w behter and behlul but not getting the unconditional love and obsession behter has for behlul. to be in love like that the person should be that much worth it right?
i seriously hope they do a better work with rehaan. till now i am loving his character and even though the actor is not very experienced he seems to have good chemistry with all the actors. i like his rapo with anand and lila along with ahaana.