Tweeg thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
The entire conversation between Ayaan and JD was a confession. Ayaan could have easily had it recorded or broadcast so Everyone could see JD's true colours. But no, he had to go in like 10cr is pocket change. I understand about drama factor and all that -  will he get the money in 10 days?? But a twist would have been nice too. 
Anyway, I don't blame Pankti for being angry with Ayaan. He also just treated her like she's an object that could be bought.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luxmi_1029 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tweeg

The entire conversation between Ayaan and JD was a confession. Ayaan could have easily had it recorded or broadcast so Everyone could see JD's true colours. But no, he had to go in like 10cr is pocket change. I understand about drama factor and all that -  will he get the money in 10 days?? But a twist would have been nice too. 

Anyway, I don't blame Pankti for being angry with Ayaan. He also just treated her like she's an object that could be bought.

I agree,  The entire Ahaan-Pankti-JD debacle seems to be taken out of a 90s indian movie... probably why it is working so well trp wise,  But I do appreciate that the show still gives us moments of character development and realistic relationships (Ahaan-Aparna, Pankti-Aparna, Aparna's character in general, Pankti-Purva) despite all the over dramatic, fairy-tale romance that  we've seen  too often. 

I personally do not like Pankti's character.  From the start the timid, innocent characteristics she has been painted with just didn't click with me... plus the love at first sight concept of Ahaan-Pankti's relationship seems way too unrealistic for my taste. i also do not like the way they have shown Pankti's character to be manipulated into being a mistress. The entire show plays at a more conservative indian thought process.  The audience is more accepting of Pankti because she is forced into her position... would the audience be as accepting if the female lead was 100% willing to be in her position and sees it more as a job than an unfortunate circumstance? 

Edited by luxmi_1029 - 6 years ago
ChickenSoup thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: luxmi_1029

I agree,  The entire Ahaan-Pankti-JD debacle seems to be taken out of a 90s indian movie... probably why it is working so well trp wise,  But I do appreciate that the show still gives us moments of character development and realistic relationships (Ahaan-Aparna, Pankti-Aparna, Aparna's character in general, Pankti-Purva) despite all the over dramatic, fairy-tale romance that  we've seen  too often. 

I personally do not like Pankti's character.  From the start the timid, innocent characteristics she has been painted with just didn't click with me... plus the love at first sight concept of Ahaan-Pankti's relationship seems way too unrealistic for my taste. i also do not like the way they have shown Pankti's character to be manipulated into being a mistress. The entire show plays at a more conservative indian thought process.  The audience is more accepting of Pankti because she is forced into her position... would the audience be as accepting if the female lead was 100% willing to be in her position and sees it more as a job than an unfortunate circumstance? 

If the female lead was 100% willing then the show would lose its reason for existence. If she was willing then there would be absolutely no love between Ahaan and Pankti and more so the show itself wouldn't exist. But I do agree with you that the character of Pankti is shown to be WAY TOO HELPLESS. At times when her mother taunts her about Ahaan, I'm sure she can easily talk back or just slap her mom but no. She is shown to be way too helpless and scared which is also unrealistic.
luxmi_1029 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cshafkat

If the female lead was 100% willing then the show would lose its reason for existence. If she was willing then there would be absolutely no love between Ahaan and Pankti and more so the show itself wouldn't exist. But I do agree with you that the character of Pankti is shown to be WAY TOO HELPLESS. At times when her mother taunts her about Ahaan, I'm sure she can easily talk back or just slap her mom but no. She is shown to be way too helpless and scared which is also unrealistic.

Post JD Pankti-Ahaan are going to have some serious problems... especially if Pankti is shown to be this helpless and in need of saving.  For an 18 year old who hasn't had the opportunity to explore and pursue her dislikes and likes is it really possible to commit to someone? having a friend or family member save/protect you vs. someone who is in the place of a significant other makes a huge difference. 

The love-at-first-sight, and saviour- damsel in distress complex is a set up for some serious issues in a relationship...

By the way, is this considered a mega or finite serial?
Edited by luxmi_1029 - 6 years ago
ChickenSoup thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
No idea although I hope it remains a finite series because it will remain good. Dragging it might be disastrous. But you're right that Pankti's helplessness might become a serious problem later on.
anishapoudel thumbnail

Originally posted by: luxmi_1029

Post JD Pankti-Ahaan are going to have some serious problems... especially if Pankti is shown to be this helpless and in need of saving.  For an 18 year old who hasn't had the opportunity to explore and pursue her dislikes and likes is it really possible to commit to someone? having a friend or family member save/protect you vs. someone who is in the place of a significant other makes a huge difference. 

The love-at-first-sight, and saviour- damsel in distress complex is a set up for some serious issues in a relationship...

By the way, is this considered a mega or finite serial?

. Its a mega mahesh bhatt show a long journey ðŸ˜†
luxmi_1029 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cshafkat

No idea although I hope it remains a finite series because it will remain good. Dragging it might be disastrous. But you're right that Pankti's helplessness might become a serious problem later on.

Most series have so much potential in the beginning... but it is ruined b/c the makers want to drag it ðŸ¤¢
ShanayaaK12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tweeg

That is how a serial works, they are not supposed to have that much common sense, if they did there would be no suspense and they wouldn't be able to carry the serial as long as they do.
:D it's the logic