Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kuki715 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: sashashyam

Thank you so much, my dear Kuki. What a cheerful, luminous e-greeting!

I miss you all too, more than I can say, par kya karein?

Shyamala Aunty

Baba re..you are replying individually😲...Aunty, your first reply was more than enough πŸ˜ƒ
Wishing you a healthy new yearπŸ€—

Also miss your analysis  when I watch Porus...thinking what Aunty would have said about this scene,that sceneπŸ˜†
Edited by Kuki715 - 6 years ago
Durgeshnandini thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Dearest Aunty, 

It's such a pleasure to see you around! Super belated wishes of your birthday day and the new year. Hope this year turns out to be a better one in terms of "the greatest wealth" to you, and your witty glimpses, to us. And sincere apologies for wishing you this late! πŸ˜³

Reading your replies, I was reminded of the good old days, and most importantly, what I miss the most in the Forum these days - your subtle sense of humor and keen observation, not to mention the slippers and belans! πŸ˜†

Love, 
Adwitiya. 
karkuzhali thumbnail

My dearest Shyamala,
@Bold: How true are your words! Unless the material is good, how can the dress made out of it will have the elegance  which gives   satisfaction to the seamstress? I understand how you you would have felt when you were doing the analyses of these wonderful chapters..
@ Underlined: I also feel the same about Rajat. Poor Boy..

Don't say you are a rickety car Shyamala.. You must have seen the old movie "Chitty  Chitty Bang! Bang!" where a   damaged sports car gets a 'facelift' in the hands of a loving mechanic father of  2 little kids like Baby and Babloo, which sails in the waters and flies in the sky. Like wise, you will get back your energy when you  come across episodes of any show that will speak to you and make you write..

Please take care of your health..

Affectionately yours

Saraswathi Akka.

My dearest Akka,

This days, I am like a rickety car that proceeds only by fits and starts at its own pleasure, so I am sure you will not take this delay in my responding to your wonderful message amiss. 

Your post is one of the  best compliments that any writer could hope to receive, for  all that it is far too kind to me and my  writing. 

These are two of my favourite Jodha Akbar pieces as well, and would always be near the top of my list ot Ten Best JA Episode Analyses. And you have highlighted the choice parts here  beautifully. Some of my other favourites would be The prayer  of hope and the prayer of despair, Heartbreak Road, Heartbreak ++, and Episode 31, Sandhya's all time favourite,  The Emperor Strikes Back. Oh, and   how could I forget  Sunlight on a Butterfly's Wings? And at a lesser level, the Camelot series of  2 or  3 posts.

Those were pieces that practically wrote themselves, for I loved  the episodes so much. I need that jump start to get me going, and I cannot really analyse poor material well, unless I want to be sharply sarcastic. That is why I at times used to drop out of Jodha Akbar for a week or more at a time, before I finally abandoned it around Episode 300. That is  also one of my weaknesses, that I cannot write to order, so to speak, unless the material speaks to me. With Chandra Nandini, I lasted only till No. 121,  and had a blessed early release!

Poor Rajat. I feel desperately sorry for him. So much talent wasted on such junk as Chandra Nandini, and now God alone knows what is  going to be his next show. I am hoping against hope that he gets something that he can explore in depth  and that the show will do really  well in  TRP terms.  Let us see.

Affectionately,

Shyamala

jayaks02 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Akka Akka Akka,
I am coming late to the party but believe me I remembered you on 11th Dec. Good to see lashy has created a thread. 

How I miss your Posts Akka ? Your incomparable writing, analysis, depth and the humour not to speak of the lofty language.

It kills me so much that you are having this unbearble pain for almost so many months. I am not the praying kind ( not even for me) but how I wish you can be cured of this at least 90% !

Please do take care Akka. Recently i went to your CN writing of their romantic good episodes and just R..E..L...I..S..H..E..D it. 

Sweetness of your writing is much more than the elai sapadu Lashy has spread πŸ˜ƒ. May you be healthy, cheerful, happy always and write this stunning, whenever you write . 

Tumhari Sulu was a movie which I thought if you had written a review would have been wonderful. Watch it for the incredible Vidya Balan !

Take Care and May God always bless you . Hope your mom is doing fine. 

Terribly missing your writing ..

Srividhya
Edited by jayaks02 - 6 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My one and only Adwitiya,

There is no such thing as a late good wish, you know, so I am very happy to see  you here, and I do hope such affectionate good wishes will surely bear fruit as regards my RA!

As for your new avatar as Tilottama, I love this name. A colleague of mine in the IFS named his two daughters Himayani and Tilottama, and I  adored them and their names. 

It is my sense of humour, child, that keeps me going these days. At one point, when I was at my lowest ebb, I fainted at my doorstep. Now this was the sort of thing young ladies from the 18th and 19th centuries used to do, deliberately, when there was some Prince Charming around to  hold them as they  collapsed artistically. With me, unfortunately, I was not 17 but 70, and there was no Prince Charming around, but only a bewildered gardener who had come to enquire after my health and had no clue what to do as I sank to the floor!πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

As I said in my collective response on page 5 above, I miss you all tremendously, and surely more than  you miss me. As for the slippers and the belan, I remember my strenuous and minatory efforts to keep you away from the HBAS threads when you had your exams. You used to sneak back with  alarming regularity, belan or no belan!πŸ˜†

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: Tilottamaa

Dearest Aunty, 

It's such a pleasure to see you around! Super belated wishes of your birthday day and the new year. Hope this year turns out to be a better one in terms of "the greatest wealth" to you, and your witty glimpses, to us. And sincere apologies for wishing you this late! πŸ˜³

Reading your replies, I was reminded of the good old days, and most importantly, what I miss the most in the Forum these days - your subtle sense of humor and keen observation, not to mention the slippers and belans! πŸ˜†

Love, 
Adwitiya. 

sashashyam thumbnail
My dearest Akka,

As is often the case, we are so exactly on the same page here that I do not have to comment at all, except that I agree with you in toto. 

Oh,  I remember Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, written, of all people, by Ian Fleming of James Bond fame. No that kind of  refurbishing is exactly what I need!πŸ˜‰ Do you know, I really hope I will feel energetic enough to "do" a new show in due course,  if only for having you and the rest back with me again. But it is my body that has to cooperate. Let us see.

For now, I cannot be sufficientlt grateful to my Lashykanna, for letting me get back, even if only fleetingly, to the good old days!

Affectionately,

Shyamala

Originally posted by: karkuzhali

My dearest Shyamala,
@Bold: How true are your words! Unless the material is good, how can the dress made out of it will have the elegance  which gives   satisfaction to the seamstress? I understand how you you would have felt when you were doing the analyses of these wonderful chapters..
@ Underlined: I also feel the same about Rajat. Poor Boy..

Don't say you are a rickety car Shyamala.. You must have seen the old movie "Chitty  Chitty Bang! Bang!" where a   damaged sports car gets a 'facelift' in the hands of a loving mechanic father of  2 little kids like Baby and Babloo, which sails in the waters and flies in the sky. Like wise, you will get back your energy when you  come across episodes of any show that will speak to you and make you write..

Please take care of your health..

Affectionately yours

Saraswathi Akka.

sashashyam thumbnail
My dearest Sri,

Now this takes me back, really and truly, to the good old days. You were always so extravagant in complimenting me on my writing that I became quite spoilt, you know, and I missed the warmth and the affection in your comments more that I can say. This little refresher dose chuffed me up no end, and these days, I need that! And as I told Adwitiya, I am sure I miss you more  than the other way around. It is always so as one grows older.

I really hope that my health will improve, and that I can get back with you and all the rest of my girls with a new show. Right now, that  looks like a  pipe dream, but who knows, it might just come true.  Then what fun we shall all have!

I will try and watch Tumhari  Sulu on a DVD, for I cannot sit thru any film in the theatre these days. Vidya Balan has always been a favourite of mine, and I loved her in  Kahani, the first one. She is so very much her own person that this is reflected in all her roles. 

My mother is stable, which is all that I hope for after the shock of last March, when she had a bad setback. Thank you for  thinking of her, my dear.

I am sure your son in thriving. Young men grown up, and away, so fast! I still remember what he said about one of my analyses, of Mahakumbh, was it not? 

Once again, fingers crossed for the old days to come back in a new avatar, and till that happens, much love from,

Yours as always,

Shyamala Akka

Originally posted by: jayaks02

Akka Akka Akka,

I am coming late to the party but believe me I remembered you on 11th Dec. Good to see lashy has created a thread. 

How I miss your Posts Akka ? Your incomparable writing, analysis, depth and the humour not to speak of the lofty language.

It kills me so much that you are having this unbearble pain for almost so many months. I am not the praying kind ( not even for me) but how I wish you can be cured of this at least 90% !

Please do take care Akka. Recently i went to your CN writing of their romantic good episodes and just R..E..L...I..S..H..E..D it. 

Sweetness of your writing is much more than the elai sapadu Lashy has spread πŸ˜ƒ. May you be healthy, cheerful, happy always and write this stunning, whenever you write . 

Tumhari Sulu was a movie which I thought if you had written a review would have been wonderful. Watch it for the incredible Vidya Balan !

Take Care and May God always bless you . Hope your mom is doing fine. 

Terribly missing your writing ..

Srividhya

Edited by sashashyam - 6 years ago
Sandhya.A thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

It is my sense of humour, child, that keeps me going these days. At one point, when I was at my lowest ebb, I fainted at my doorstep. Now this was the sort of thing young ladies from the 18th and 19th centuries used to do, deliberately, when there was some Prince Charming around to  hold them as they  collapsed artistically. With me, unfortunately, I was not 17 but 70, and there was no Prince Charming around, but only a bewildered gardener who had come to enquire after my health and had no clue what to do as I sank to the floor!πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

This is exactly  why we miss you so so much! πŸ˜Š Why even in your absence  you are so fondly remembered  and will continue  to  be.
Your sense of humor and your beautiful  words together  make for an incredible  read!

Collapsed artistically! OMG!πŸ˜†

Fingers, toes and everything  else  possible  crossed that your health permits more of your time to us.😊

Sandhya.A thumbnail

Good Lord! The gremlin is on vacation, it seems!

Shyamala Aunty

And i got all the hugs.πŸ˜†
Sandhya.A thumbnail

Sandhya my pet,

What a gorgeous, delicate confection in pink and white! πŸ‘I am sure the giant rose in the centre is edible, but I would never have the heart to actually eat it!

You have taken the strain to reply individually to each one of us!😲 

As for  your quatrain below the cake,  as  your literary overseer, I would give you very high marks for it, for it was not an easy composition to undertake, and it is near perfect in both metre and rhyme. Yes, and the content too, of course!

Wow! Thank you very much aunty. I miss your critical  analysis  of my little quatrains on the HBAS threads  these days. Lana and Vathsy too spin out verses and i can't help wondering  every time  when something  is put  up in verse form by me or anyone  else, what your evaluation  of them would  me. Sometimes  i even make corrections imagining  your disapproval in metre and pattern. But the punctuations - i have hardly  improved. 

Here is how we go about it - as an anthaadhi - beginning from the last line of the previous  verse. Do take a look if interested  and if your health, especially  eyes permit. And DO NOT strain yourself  further by replying.

So you deserve three BIG hugs, which are duly affixed below. If only one materialises, that is because of a curious IF gremlin that seems to disapprove of too much affection being lavished on any member by anotherπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ ! See my reponses to Baby and Babloo, and to Shagun above.

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Take care of yourself, my poppet, and may the whole to 2018 be good to  you and yours.

Thank you ever so much aunty.πŸ€—

Affectionately,

Shyamala Aunty