chandu80 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi,
A short OS (turned out pretty big) on my guess of what might happen at the trip. It might seem a little rushed though. But Samaina are playing on my mind all the time these days. Hence a feeble attempt.

The Revelation

Students were in an exhilirated mood. Afterall it was picnic time! Many of them were first timers. Shanti Ma'am's talk had worked wonders not only with Naina's family but many other girls as well. Girls and boys were exuberant. Preeti had finally got a yes from her father. She was on top of the world. Everybody was busy enjoying, playing antakshari as the bus took turns over the hilly terrain of Mt Abu. Only one person was lost in her own thoughts. Naina! She was happy that she had been permitted to go but her mind was restless as if something wrong was going to happen. Still she managed to keep herself calm and would smile often seeing the antics of girls and boys around. Afterall Sameer was there, the person she loved the most. Then why fear?  
Every now and then she would glance and drool over how handsome he was. But then she also said to herself, Sameer is handsome not only in looks but also in his behavior. Afterall he came to my rescue during the debate, even tried stopping Kumud teacher when she was scolding me. Sameer - my friend, my true friend. Thinking such, she smiled to herself. Swati who saw Naina day-dreaming started teasing her.
Swati - Aha my sweetheart Naina is thinking of Jijaji in daylight. Waah waah kya pyar hai.
Naina came back to her senses and blushed on hearing Swati.
Naina - No Swati, I was just thinking of what we would do after going to Mt Abu.
Swati - We ? Who we? Are you thinking about yourself and Jijaji?
Naina - Stop it Swati. You think too fast. I am just wondering about what Shanti teacher would be telling us about Dilwara temple.
Swati - Chal jhooti. I clearly know what you are thinking about. Your thoughts reflect on your face and I can clearly make out what you are thinking. 10 saal ke friends jo hai hum.
Naina (to herself) - I should be careful from now on. I should stop day dreaming.
The bus reached Mt Abu by noon and students were given their rooms. They were to freshen up, have lunch and gather for the Nakki Lake (googled places to visit in Mt Abu and this seemed like one romantic place πŸ˜†) visit by 4 pm. 
Evening 4 pm
The students gathered at the entrance to visit Nakki lake. Naina wore her red dress. This was one she felt most comfortable in. Also red is the colour of love, isn't it?
She was at the entrance waiting for Preeti. She kept praying that Sameer wear the same colour and lo as if her prayers were immediately answered. Sameer was climbing down the staircase in his red t-shirt. They were colour co-ordinated. Sameer saw Naina looking resplendent in red. For a moment, he was lost looking into her eyes only to be broken from his reverie by Munna and Pandit. Then he reminded himself "Sameer what are you doing? Focus focus, you are doing all this for a bet. What were you thinking looking at her like this? Your sole aim now is the bet."
Swati saw their colour co-ordinated dress and immediately started teasing Naina
Swati - OMG Naina, did you both decide that you will be wearing the same colour? Or is it telepathy? What a connection you both have. Naina was trying hard not to blush.
There Sameer was being reminded of the bet.
Pandit - Sameer, you both are colour co-ordinated. The weather today looks good too. Today has to be the day. Naina, away from family. You have to win the bet at any cost.
Just then Preeti came down to join them. Pandit who was reminding Sameer about the bet was almost awestruck looking at her. Preeti had worn a pink floral dress and had chosen to leave her hair open. 
Pandit - Arey sipahi ki behen toh aaj khilte hue gul ki tarah lag rhi hai.
Preeti - Oye Naina , you forgot your bag upstairs. Itni mehnat se sweater banaya aur wahi bhul gayi.
Naina took the sweater from Preeti. She had told that she had made the sweater for Sameer saying he was a good friend. Preeti initially was shocked because this was something unexpected of Naina but filmy that she was had agreed to keep her secret. Afterall pyari Naina se koi gussa ho sakta hai?
Preeti and Swati - So when do you plan to give this to Jijaji?
Naina blushing profusely said "During the boat ride. But first of all you both stop calling him that. He is just a nirdosh and saccha friend. Thats it. Pata nahi kya kya chalta hai inke dimaag me'
In the evening the students were put into groups of 6 for the boat ride and as faith would have it Sameer, Naina, Pandit, Preeti, Swati and Munna were in the same group. Pandit and Munna were having a gala time taking turns trying to speak to each other addressing the other as Munna and Pandit repsectively (but actually addressing Preeti and Swati)
Sameer and Naina were lost in their own world glancing at each other every now and then. Naina in love and Sameer (though in love but without knowing it to be love) (BG - Dil Deewana playing)
After the boat ride, they had to visit the temple. Shanti teacher explained the historical importance of the temple. As they were exploring the temple, Naina saw Sameer a 100 m away reading an inscription. He was alone, the others had moved ahead. Naina felt that was the right time to give the sweater. She silently approached him.
Sameer who by now had grown up to sense her presence turned around.
Sameer - Naina, what are you doing here?
Naina - Sameer , I wanted to give you something.
Sameer - Give me? What is it Naina? 
Naina pulled out the white and blue sweater from the bag and placed it in his hand. 
Naina - It is very cold out here, this will help keep out the cold. Afterall a friend alone can understand another friend isn't it? This is the first time, I have made it. Learned it from my Chachi's magazine. Please don't say no. It is a token of our friendship.
Saying this, she ran away from there. Sameer was deeply moved by her gesture. He thought to himself" What am I doing ? How can I hurt such a precious person? All this for a bet. Bhaad me jaaye yeh bet. This cannot happen. I can sacrifice my hair but cannot let go this friendship that I share with this special person. I have to tell her everything. Friendship means honesty. I have to be honest with her."
Saying this he ran behind her but destiny had something else in store for Naina. While she was going back, she overheard the Grade 12 boys.
One of them - This Sameer is taking so many efforts to trick Naina. I think during this trip, Sameer might win the bet.
A second boy - I don't think so. Sameer might think of himself as The Sameer Maheshwari. But Naina bhi Naina hai. She is not amongst those girls who will easily hug and say I love you. Sameer will have to cut his hair, he will definitely lose the bet. Afterall in the past 1 month, have you seen him attempting to woo Naina. You should have seen him laugh behind her back when she couldn't get Juliet's role. Naina can never confess to him.
Naina stood dumstruck. She felt as if the ground below had shuddered. All those lovey dovey moments moved in front of her eyes like the scenes of a movie. All of it was fake. What all had she done for him whom she had thought of as a true friend and this is how he had repaid. Her knees felt wobbly. She felt humiliated, her heart broke. Tears welled down her eyes. Then she saw Sameer standing in front of her. She was in no mood to hear his explanation and ran away from there. Sameer who had understood what had happened ran behind her trying to stop her. Naina would not heed to his calls. She did not realize when she had moved across the highway. So lost was she in her grief. A fast approaching car hit her and she fell down unconscious. Sameer screamed. Munna and Pandit came running to see what had happened. Naina wasn't speaking at all. Sameer told them what had happened. 
Shanti teacher and the girls came too. Naina was taken to the hospital. Her family had been informed. 
Sameer was beyond grief. Just when he had realized her importance, she was moving away from him. No she had to live. His Naina had to live. She had to live for him. He had to tell her that he had started loving her, that her innocent and pure love had made him realize what blunder he was going to commit. He was determined to make her speak. No one , no one can separate him from his Naina. Thinking such, he sank down crying uncontrollably. The doctors had advised to keep her under observation until next day. Naina's friends and family stood out of her room with only silence and prayers to accompany them.  The night definitely was going to be a long one.

Edited by chandu80 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Nice OS Chandu πŸ˜Š
It was heartbreaking to see knowing the truth and then she meeting with an accident 😭 ... and that too when he himself wanted to tell her...destiny always does what it has to...

I'm sure you'll be continuing it further na😊
Waiting for the next part πŸ˜Š
TereLiyeMINU thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Sometimes in life we don't give something chance and sometimes life does not give us a chance. Beautiful OS.plz continue. πŸ‘
mehraan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Heart touching Os dear...Felt bad that Naina had to meet with an accident after the bet revelation!...Everything luks so much in accordance with our show...that i really want to c the Nakki lake boat trip...!Thanku for writing it so beautifully that each n every gesture is heartfelt!
Prizi thumbnail
ending was filmy bt loved it
chandu80 thumbnail
Thank you :) 
Will update soon.
Anjali33 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Amazing OS
Y does destiny always hv to play dirty!!
If Sameer wud hv told her himself..d damage wud hv been atleast a bit less

Plzz continue it..dis plot has potential n u're an awesome writer
Krutikarainbow thumbnail
That was good I hope it would happened like this but it won't. It probably gonna be a lot of drama weird.
sang625 thumbnail
It was sooo hearrbraking dearrr.

Gneee gneee

Pm me when u update next time   
-Aniisha- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Amazing OS
Please continue soon