Karan Singh Grover turns singer; adopts a new stage name 'Vanar'

Posted: 6 years ago
Karan Singh Grover will be next seen in Firrkie.

Here is some good news for all Karan Singh Grover's fans. The actor has turned singer and will give his first live performance this Saturday. Not only this, he has also got a new stage name, Vanar. 

Reportedly, Karan believes that he has a karmic connection with the monkey which is why he decided with his jamming partner Deepesh Sharma to rechristen himself Vanar' for his career as a musician. 

While talking to a leading daily, Karan said, "The songs we made together are really good. I've written the lyrics and Deepesh has set them to a tune. It's house music which our generation enjoys so we decided to go on stage with them.''

He goes on to confide that they are trying to put together a band and looking for musicians with heart. "The band will be called Vanar Yug'. I'm essentially a monkey but Bandar' would have sounded stupid. Besides, there is already a band called The Monkees' and another called Gorillaz'. I want to be true to my region so the name Vanar' is apt. The first song we came up with was "Hanuman who was the leader of the Vanar Sena, he said. 

Karan is also busy shooting his next film, Firrkie. Talking about the film, Karan said, "We completed 70 percent of the shoot in London. It's directed by Ankush Bhatt who also directed my other film that hasn't released yet. It's a new-age thriller and will be fun to watch. 

The film also features Neil Nitin Mukesh, Jackie Shroff and Kay Kay Menon in lead roles.

There are also reports that Karan and Bipasha Basu may work together in Ankush's next film. "Director Ankoosh, who's making Firkee, is planning a fantasy comedy. He wants Bipasha and Karan to do the film. He has bounced off the idea to them and they have liked it. But it's all in initial stages of planning,'' told a source close to the couple.

However, nothing has been confirmed as yet. When Bipasha was asked about the film, she had said, 'I have not read this script. I know Ankoosh as Karan's director of 3 Dev and Firkee. There is a thought that Karan mentioned to me. But there is no movement on this not at my team's or my end. I have no information on this.

#Repost @iamksgofficial (@get_repost) Everything in this universe is some frequency of vibrations. High or low. One thing that is always a constant elevation of vibrations is the sound of music. It could be any genre of music, rock, hip hop, country, deep house, glitch hop, classical, spiritual etc. we could write songs for love or pain or god or devotion. Music will always be high vibration frequency. VANAR is the Hindi word for Monkey, that is what I am. It is the animal within me and sometimes, I'm the homo sapien within VANAR. One will always be incomplete and not it's highest form without the other. I write my own lyrics and we make our own music. We connect with our higher self and our highest intention and music is created automatically. We flow. We ride and surf on the highest waves of sound. We are inspired by love and by god and that is what we create. I don't want to define or limit our genre of music. We combine everything that we can or not, we practice freedom. If I must name it, then I will call it, "free! In the truest sense. I would want to inspire like I have been inspired by other musicians. I want our generation to come together, regardless of culture, race or religion and evolve. Let's enter the next era, the next yug. I welcome you all to join in and begin and spread the message. Let's create our new identity, let's create VANAR YUG.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/news/karan-singh-grover-turns-singer-adopts-new-stage-name-vanar-392009

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

grounder thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I want to know what he smokes 
HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
. "The band will be called Vanar Yug'. I'm essentially a monkey but Bandar' would have sounded stupid.
🤣🤣🤣
BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Gosh🤣🤣🤣 What does Vanar means?
AladdinKaChirag thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
vanar means monkey only, its a pure hindi word 😆
kantalaga_ thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ScreamForMe

Gosh🤣🤣🤣 What does Vanar means?

monkey 🤣 🤣
Veni-Vidi-Vici thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
This monkey business is getting too much.  Bips and Karan should junk the word monkey and get creative with names 
flipfl0p thumbnail
He is going to disprove Darwin's theory.
Nar se Vanar
--Ariana-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Atleast he knows who he resembles🤣
HayeSiyaapa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Oh man, why does he do this to himself