Beyhadh Twisted (Ar-ya role reversed)CH - 14 P -4

Shakthi-04 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

New developments 

"DUFFER! DUFFER UUTOO! came the scream from the skinny girl dressed in a loose kurhta dark night shirt and light lavender bottom. Her skin tone was light and clear, similar to a barbie doll. Just like her features! Almost unrealistic. "Dusky chilla kyun rahi hai.

The guy was in his late twenties, sleeping on his back dressed in a black sports tshirt and white three-fourths which were over baggy. His slightly dark complexion set out the sharp features, though he was no were near khaala' more like sawla' just like the hero he was named after. Irritated he asked, "Kyunki agar tu uttha nahi tho interview par koi aur chauka maar dhega.

That did it. He woke up with such speed that it felt that lightning was slow. "Tu pehele nahi bol sakti kya. Brakefast bhi kaana padega, kithna waqth hai?

"Sirf do ghante. Saab kuch thiyar hai kya? he asked rushing to the bathroom, "Saab thiyar hai. Table par raka hai, main ghar ja rahi hoon. Apni baaki jugad kudh dekle. By Aayan!

Saanj rushed out as the other young boy. The clean shave and the creamy white skin made him seem more like a child than anything as he shoved of the blanket and waved to the girl as she ran out nearly bumping into the plump woman who stood there. "Sorry aunty.

"Arjun uut chuka hai? Uske liye breakfast bahadun? she asked her voice filled with love, the girl smiled sadly her large eyes filled with understanding. "Actually Vandhana aunty vo bahar karne ka pura plan bhana chuka hai. Aap mehenath maath kijiye, uska gussa aaj thoda zyadha hai.

"Saanj kuch kar na beta. Ussko samjao na. the lady begged wiggling her hand and wiping it on the printed apple green duppata she wore with the dark green plane kurtha and bottom. "Aaj nahi karpaungi aunty. Yeah magazine ka kaam uska sapna hai. Kahan kaana hai, kya kaana hai saab kuch thai kardhiya hai usne.

"Thank you beta. she replied, Saanj reached out and squeezed the lady's hand in support before leaving the small two bedroom flat. She walked into the house nearby it was larger than the other one. Three bedroomed and more spacious but the concept was similar! An open kitchen linked to the dining area. Yet the decorations were much brighter and the entire space seemed more happier in general, a woman dressed in a light pink nightie stopped her scolding. "Utta diya apna duffer ko? Nahane ke liye bhi fursath nahi baas baag gayi. Chalo naha kar aajao, har waqth koi na koi bahana karthi ho.

"Aare Suman uska interview haath se nikal jatha tha. Muje jaana pada. the equally thin elderly lady sighed at her daughter. Except for a few changes both were highly similar... facial features she had after all got from her father. Unlike the large eyes of and thick lips of Suman Mathur. "Mathlab tum aise baag kar jathe ho uttane ke liye lekin ghar jaldi aana tho naa mumkin hai tum donon ke liye. Kal saath kithne dheer se aaye the tum dhonon. Gaye kaha?

"Aur kahan? Bappa ka darshan, uske baad chai aur deed saari baathen hai na Saanj beta? asked a voice from behind Suman. Rolling her eyes Suman turned around to see the small built man dressed in a yellow kurtha and pyjamas standing there smiling. He had looked mostly like his daughter except for the watery eyes, "Good morning papa.

Saanj hugged him and fake-wispered, "Prem tumhari biwi kaafi gussse main hai iss waqt sambaal lena.

"Tum jaao aur thiyar ho jao. he replied smileing at his wife, "Prem yeah galath hai. Maana ke Arjun uska boyfriend hai -

"Vo mera boyfriend nahi hai ma. Sirf friend hai. Saanj answered, Prem and Suman chorused, "Jisse tu pyar karthi hai.

Blushing Saanj ran inside her room. The room she shared with her brother, as Suman called out, "Baath tum karogi yaa main karvadhun.

"Haan Saanj bolo na baath kisko karni chahiye ma ko yah kudh propose kardhegi? asked her brother. The stout boy sitting in his chair, laughed his whole body shakeing along with the white school uniform shirt he was ready in. The brown full pants were almost slung into place as the tie was going on, "Shub tu yeah saab main maath pad. Thiyar hokar school ke liye nikal waise 12th exams kareeb hai.

"Jaantha hoon bolne ke zarurath nahi hai. he replied tieing his shoes and walking out screaming, "Maa breakfast. Muje school ke liye nikalna hai. Hi Arjun!

"Hi Shub thiyar ho? asked Arjun as Suman handed him his morning mug of tea, "Nahi aunty main bahar kuch dek lunga.

"Arjun. Prem pushed, "Ithna formal kyun ho breakfast tho kaalo. Interview hai-"

"Uncle main formal nahi tha. Suman ka kaana kaane lagunga tho lunch thak katha rahunga. Issi liye. The three of them laughed as Shub grobbiled his breakfast, "Tumne physics ka assighnment le liya hai na?

"Oh no. Sighing, Arjun waved an I am on it, sipping his tea simultaneously. Just as he was filing away the project Saanj walked out dressed in a maroon kurtha and a towel around her waist. "DUFFER tume patha nahi hai kya ladkiyon ke kamre main aise nahi aathe. Khaas kar thab vo nahakar aarahi hai.

"Vo ladkiyon ke liye. Tere liye nahi, chal baaki ke kapde pehenkar aana. Main aur Shub gaye school.he waved walking out and she shouted, "BEST OF LUCK.

"THANKS. he yelled handing Suman the mug and Shub the project as Prem fed him a spoon of curd and sugar, "Aacha shagun hotha hai. Best of luck.

Smiling he touched the feet of Suman and Prem. He missed his parents at these times and they knew it. Going on the way to school Shub chatted away about everything sitting next to Arjun. Stopping at the school gate he waved to the boy who ran in while Arjun spotted a food stall near school to grab some vada-pav. His breakfast for the day. A fate he was living with for the three years, since his father had passed away. The ride too was long but dropping Shub to school was something he did every day... from there the ride was long to the new office of the magazine. Driving away into a posh (partial) residential area set against the beach he sighed and looked around, he had taken a wrong turn thanks to the road block. This was where most of the companies had their guest-houses, small compact homes but set with nearly five-star facilities despite being one bedroom. "Aab is Fashion in the City ka address kahan se duund luun?

Driving as he checked the GPRS on his phone, he unfortunately bumped into someone. Looking up his breath stopped for a minute. There stood the girl who seemed to have walked out of his magazine photos. Her little over shoulder length hair had been set in a ponytail behind her head, despite no makeup except for that light kaajal and baby pink lip gloss. The frilled up wide necked white sleeveless top she wore highlighting her femininity. The fact that it was tucked in knee length pencil skirt with splashed work print in almost every shade of green that existed finished by a simple white heels with straps. The very fact that she had worn the same shade of nail polish on her toes and fingers too did not miss his eyes, nor did the platinum ladies watch on her wrist. A simple round design, small and set with stones! She was perfect in every sense and seemed to fit into a business role except for the charm bracelet she wore on her other wrist, already dangling with random charms. Hmm koi bade baap ki bigidi hui ladki lagthi hai. Chal munna, appna jaadu chala aur kaam ke liye niklo. He thought, aloud he said, "Excuse me I lost my way and I ended up finding you. You are not hurt right... sorry it was my bad. I was seeing the phone and did not see you. Actually I need to go for an interview but I lost the way despite the GPRS. Do you know how I can get to the office of Fashion in the City magazine. You know that top selling magazine... aap kaise nahi janthe honge. Aap kudh ek walking talking fashion ka guru lagthe hai. You know Hindi right?

Sighing the girl replied, coldly, "Straight down, last left then next right again turn left. First building, you won't miss it Muje hindi aathi hai.

"Thank you. App ko lagi tho nahi na? he asked, "Kai chod duun kardun aap ko? By the way love your earrings,

"Jis kaam ke liye aayi thi vo aadhuri hai. Thank you. I love them too. she replied touching the light gold earings she had worn. A simple one with a diamond in the center with a four petal flower all around. Tears forming in her eyes for a minute but Arjun's question distracted her, "Ithni kuubsurath ladki ko yahaan koi kaam?

Pointing to a small almost hidden bakery she replied, "Apni mummy aur papa ke liye cake karidhna hai.

"Oh.. thanks. Dukaan dhikane ke liye. Aagar muje aaj job mil gayi tho main kareedh kar ja sakta hoon. he smiled his charming smile only to have a response of, "Best of luck...

Rushing intended to go straight to the office but eyes stopped seeing a  children playing outside. Unable to resist he smiled and began clicking away. Unfortunately it meant he was delayed to the interview... Which be rushed to quickly, still taking the time to take in the beauty filled reception area. Black marble flooring, glass coffee tables and cream colour comfortable leather couches,  the reception desk was a beautiful desk set a full office printer, a neat stack of magazines and brochures. There was also several organizers' starting from post-its to post office stamps. Everything was neat and right, "Hi I am Arjun 10 o'clock appointment.

"You were the 10 o-clock appointment. It's 10:05 now. she replied, it took him a minute before starting the charm, "Come on five minutes late, issmai kya hai.

"Sorry rules are rules. she replied but Arjun continued, "Come on, Ms. Shilpa Mukarji baas paanch minute ka dheeri hai. Kaab thak rules ke hissab se chala paogi apni zingagi ko. Mere khyal se aage vohi bada paayenge jo rules ko thood kar insanon ko pehechanthe hai. Aur tum beauty aur inteligene ke combination lagthi ho. Hai na?

Maintaining the eye contact mesmerizing her with when the phone rang and he set it into her ear very casually. Simultaneously popping some chocolate in his mouth, winking, "H-hello.

"Ten o'clock, interview? came the voice stammering she replied, "Y-yes maam he is right here. He had come a long time ago, I was waiting for your call ma'am. Bechara bathroom gaya tha jaab aap aaye the. I will send him in right away!

"Thank you, a doll for a doll. he added handing her the chocolate wraper made into a doll, smiling she took it allowing the charming guy to go. There were several people working on laptops, few actually walking with it. The place had cubicles and name tags some had a make shift table pulled down from the cubicle wall. Some even had pictures hanging all over the place, "Excuse me, Maya Meherothra?

"That door. he looked at the door which clearly said, Maya Meherothra. The glass window of the cabin was open and clear allowing everyone to have a view inside. The room had been set to kill. Walking inside the room he began looking around enjoying the view! A beautiful storage designed, a knee length coffee table. An old beautiful sofa set with light cream covers. The sharp turns and the slides set it self into the body of whoever sat on it. Be it a three seater or a single seater of the set.On a corner, plugged into the wall was a triangular extension with a statue of a buddha head. Clearly some kind of light weight... opposite was a similar extension but with a plant. The windows were open fully. The other side of the room had a proper desk, one with an antique table. It was set neatly with everything, a cordless phone, a diary, a glass of water, post its and even a complete set based pen holder. One that had everything including scales to scissors. Behind it was a (nearly) hidden door, a light wall with a clock being the only decoration. It was also the strangest decoration he had ever seen. A wall clock with a shadow head of mickey in the center and instead of numbers there were several pictures of fairy tale princesses. It seemed old, under neet it was a small altar throughout the wall to the door. In it there was a small statue of Ganapathi, near it the photo of a couple a sandal garland around the photo. A small lamp on either side of the Ganapathi, similarly with the photo of the couple. All four lamps greatly oiled and lit. A rose on the foot of the God and a small three layered in front of the couple's photo. The combination surprised him, the bottom most being red-velvet, the center vanila and the top most strawberry. The layers between them set with crunchy nuts and cornflakes. A little part of it was already eaten, a single green candle lay aside. It had been lit but no longer!

"I am sorry. I needed a minute. Bad day, please sit down. Arjun turned around only to find the very girl he bumped into on the way standing in front of him. Her eye liner slightly smudged but still attractive, "Aap - aap Maya Meherothra? I am sorry actually I had never really seen your picture in a long time. Just glance through the page 3 types of news.

"Not everyone know me by sight. she smiled before continuing, "Please sit down.

"Thank you. he took the simple char for his own sitting while she took the big boss char. "C.V? You ended up dropping out of law. Experience in photography is also not there. You just did a few months course. How do I trust you Mr. Sharma? I think it's best you leave.

A moment anger filled him but he bit his tongue and continued, "Ms. Mehrotra that course could teach me about equipment and equipment handling. Photos are not taken by equipment but a photographer. Aap na meri profile ko ek baar dhek lijiye, kuch cameras se... kuch phone se liya hai. Vo bhi smart apps yaa options ko use kar ke... aur haan kuch aise hai ke jisko maine equipment use karke kiya. Aap ka photography based nahi, balki simple ones. Vo saari cheezen jo muje aas paas mila... please take a look.

Arjun went on and on without realizing Maya was not listening to a word of what he said. "I am sorry can you repeat the last few points. Sometimes mobile, at times camera and non-photographic equipment's too?

"Yes ma'am aap ne bilkul sahi suna. Yeah vaala na ek tuuti hui wine bottle ko isthimal kar ke kiya. he replied sliding back a little. Maya continued to move across his master shot but stopped at a particular picture and looked up for an explanation. "Yeah maine mobile main kheencha. Just happened, I did not have enough time to actually think... vo lamha ithna kuubsurath tha. Ladki ko tho dhek nahi paaya lekin patha hai vo bahoth hi kuubsurath hogi.

"Kyun? Maya's question was met with a lip bite from Arjun. Rolling her eyes she was about to touch the screen when he answered, "Kyunki kisi ko bhi usse mohobath ho saktha tha. Aachi figure, grace full. Uski skirt ko dhekiye, white mostly multiple layered and chiffon printed with brown flowers. Off shoulder peheni hui hai, not a frilly type. A neat border type figure hugging. Waist ko highlight kiya gaya hai, gold waist belt ka isthimal karke vo bhi ek diamond cutting type. Usually aise belts light ko aachi thara reflect karthi hai, dinner parties main aise kapde kaafi badi hit hothe hai. Haath main matching bracelet bhi hai. A typical case of less is more. Legs are clearly manicured! Iss saab ke bavajooth ek church ki stairs main baiti hai bina juuthe baiti hai. Chote chote bachon ke saath baiti hui hai, haath main kithabon ke saath. Chehera dhek paatha lekin vo baachi uss ladki ko gale laga rahi hai. Vo ladki bhi ek ghareeb ghar se hi hai, dhekiye kithni ragged clothes pehen kar rake hai saab. Lekin vo ladki apni paas bitakar raki hai, ithne pyar se pada rahi hai. Hamesha aise aameer loog na sirf paise dekar chale jathe hai. Lekin yeah ladki ne paison nahi balki gyan dene ki kosish kar rahi hai. Figure tho hai uske paas, mehenge kapde hai lekin phir bhi zingagi se kuch karne ki kwaish bhi hai. Issi liye keheraha hoon, she must be beautiful.

Maya instantly got of the chair and left the room. A shocked Arjun followed her, "Sorry sorry. Maine kuch galath kaha kya?

"Shilpa I need an offer letter. Arjun Sharma, temperory photographer. Shipra nodded, "Yes ma'am.

Turning to a nervous Arjun she handed the fresh print out. "Welcome to Fashion in the City. You can join from now onwards. Cubical number one, temporary, you will be under my direct monitoring. All right? 

"Thank you ma'am. He stretched his hand out happily but she simply nodded and went to the cabin. He tagged behind her, "Today you can familiarize yourself with everyone. I.T will set up an employee account for you. You will be getting a laptop and camera from the company. One month probation on paper but reality is going to be one month of several tests. Pass them, we will think about removing the temporary. A few forms need to be filled. I am sure you can finish them by the end of today. Tomorrow nine-o-clock sharp office.

The first time the mobile which kept ringing was ignored by him as he hug with great attention to every single word the girl spoke.   Edited by arya.arumugam - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shakthi-04 thumbnail

Authors note:

What if Arjun was the one obsessed and not Maya? Just a trial story were I try to brake all the social rules and ideas about how women should be in such a marriage... 

Just to make it clear - shifting forums since show has ended. Re posting all the previous chapters bit by bit... 

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4915205&PID=144695894&#p144695894

I know I did not respond previously to comments but will not do the same mistake from now on... was in a bit of a mess so was just got everything cleared up.   

I am to work on my writing to get back again so trying the following exercise... two fan fictions. Extremely apposing realities but same set of characters. Similar style... I hope you enjoy both. Please leave open comments... I could use the feed back. Will be doing a lot of thinking aloud so please put up with that too... my main focus is going to be the flow of writing.  

Shakthi-04 thumbnail
Major Characters 

Saanj Mathur ... the girl next door. the girl with her heart on her sleeves. Lawyer by profession friend by nature and most importantly a sharp mind. The product of a love marriage and brought up with affection. The foundation of her parents life... the one who is the key in someone's lives. 

Arjun Sharma - photographer by profession... lost his parents, lives with a step mom who loves him and whom he hates. The ideal foster son and brother. A guy who helps everyone, also the person everyone loves to love... but is he what he shows him self to be?  

Vandhana Sharma - the step mom for Arjun who wishes to be his mother. Will she succeed? Or will she end up getting sent to a sensitivity class thanks to Saanj and Aayan? Currently hates Maya but what makes that change... read to find out 

Suman Mathur... Arjun's surrogate mum... despite which why does she end up hating him and wanting to protect Maya? Wife of Prem Mathur and mother to Saanj, Shub and Aayan... how does her life turn around?  

Suman Mathur... Arjun's surrogate mum... despite which why does she end up hating him and wanting to protect Maya? Wife of Prem Mathur and mother to Saanj, Shub and Aayan... how does her life turn around?

Prem Mathur - Saanj's father, Shub's father, Arjun's foster father... a man with a small business were they personalise cars. Also a loving husband but despite all of it why does he support Arjun's marriage to Maya?

Shub Mahtur - Shaanj's brother... student currently. How does Maya (his 'Pari') help him come out of his insecurities? read to find out... Highly dependent on Arjun but after Maya's entry how would things change?  

Maya Ananthi Meherothra the product of a great horror. CEO of the fashion in the city, a cold boss. Yet a sweet soul who wins people over. Something the world never lets her forget. Despite all that fate pushes her life time and again making her the person she is...   

Aayan Sharma - a devoted brother but to whom, Arjun or Maya? What makes him turn against Arjun so much? Why does he want to protect Maya with his life? Read to find out... 

Ashwin Meherothra - Maya's father... the man with several gray shades and yet the person Maya loves dearly. He has paied a great price for an action done when drunk... and a bigger one to save Maya as a child. Despite all of it he gives Maya to Arjun expecting he will take care of her... why? 

Shipra Meherothra - a woman with a past but more importantly Maya's step mom. What makes her love Maya the way she does? How did their relationship bloom? read to find out 

Edited by arya.arumugam - 6 years ago
Shakthi-04 thumbnail

Chapter 1:

New developments... an entry into the world of Mr. Arjun Sharma and slowly flowing on to that of Maya. How does that one day turn the lives of manny? How is it the first step of a long and twisting journey? (P1)

Chapter 2:

Really? An ideal to the reality. How can Saanj manage the change in Arjun's life. Why does Vandhana seem to hate Maya without even meeting her? How will Aayan handle the great changes that crept into his life? (P1)

Chapter 3: 

Reality check. A real view to Maya as a person against the prejudice and the nature that strikes Arjun's heart. Will those in his world also see it? Read to find out...   (P1)

Chapter 4: the party...

who does Maya throw a party for and why does it touch Arjun's heart? (P1)

Chapter 5: Maya's world the beautiful world of Maya... Ashwin and Shipra.   (P1)

Chapter 6: Misunderstandings...

of many kinds enjoy. The first opening of Arjun lashing out at Saanj for her terrible behaviour.   (P1)

Chapter 7:

The para-dime shift. A fight and a death change everything in Saanj's eyes... the first step towards a bond which makes her want to save one's life.   (P1)     

Chapter 8: Pure fun -

When an astrologer warns the family of Arjun's reality indirectly Maya's being cheered up by Saanj, Arjun and Aayan (P1)

Chapter 9 - A little history lesson

As time passes and Arjun grows closer to Maya he learns her real relationship with Ashwin. Also a peek into Ashwin's crime... and how it has changed his life. (P1)

Chapter 10 - Dress ups

Everyone are getting ready for Suman and Prems' anniversary but how does that further drive the dagger into Vandhana and Suman against Maya? (P2)

Chapter 11 - As she opens up 

Arjun starts seeing how close Maya and Aayan really are... the three of them end up learning about Maya's birth when a terrible incident takes place... 

Chapter 12: 

The post marital life of Arjun and Maya... the first opening towards a twisted view of things slowly opening up to a reality 

Chapter 13 - 

How did Maya and Arjun end up getting married? What created the change? The changes of Maya's life compiled and briefed... 

Chapter 14 - How we got here

A flashback setting exploring how everything changed and especially about how and why Saanj left everyone... 

Shakthi-04 thumbnail

Chapter 2 - Really?

The first time the mobile which kept ringing was ignored by him as he hug with great attention to every single word the girl spoke. In another office of a lawyer a younger girl was ringing a number repeatedly. Office hours were over but no reply... she had finished her dusting but no reply... the traffic she was stuck in began moving but no reply... The sun had begun setting but no reply... it was maddening. She barged into the house to find Aayan chopping onions, yet no reply... "Usne reply kyun nahi kiya.

"Duskey reply kar dhega yaar. Thang math karo bai ko. He responded seriously irritated, internally thinking, agar aabhi se yah haal hai tho shadi ke baath kya haal hoga? As if on cue, his brother walked in, exhausted but happy, an extra bag in his hand, "Duffer tu ne meri call kyun nahi uttaya. Kithni bar call kiya.

"Dusky yaar thak gaya hoon. He replied touching her cheek gently with his hand, "Apni pyari haathon se chai bana kar dhedo na. Saath main khane ke liye bhi kuch milega tho!

"Bas do minute. she replied happily skipping away, Ayan shook his head smiling, "Saanj mere liye bhi banadhina.

"Haan banathi hoon. She replied setting water with some powder in it setting  it to boil simultaneously chopping onions, cucumber, carrots and some spicy cornflakes she knew Vandhana had at home. Over it she threw a little chat masala and salt, "Arjun ka favourite chat-salad thiyar hai. Aab aadhrath ki chai bhi thiyar kar lethi hoon.

Quickly she added milk and sugar finally filtering it into three cups. "Aah chai. Patha hai Saanj aaj  ka din kaafi bada tha.

"Bai sabzi kaathe hue baat kare? Dinner ke liye paav baaji hai. Arjun sighed and replied, "Laana.

They sat in the small hall settings bowls of chaat salad and tea cups on the side. A large plastic plate for the vegetables and a plastic cup for the garbage. Arjun narrated his day as Aayan chopped up more onions and tomatoes. Saanj worked her say through the potatoes while Arjun began peeling the garlic. "Haan jaise main keheraha tha. Kya office hai, classy neat and orderly. Offer letter mangthi hai do clicks main offer letter aathi hai. Everything has a prior template, letterhead par print karke seedha mere haathon. Phir HR department ke saath baitkar enrolment. Wastage ke naam hi nahi. Paper ho ya time. Seedha canteen ke paas beejkar rules padne ko kaha. Phir HR aayega paper work ke liye only if I accept all the rules.Paperwork tha direct laptop main kiya canteen main baitkar sandwich kaathe hue saath main coffee bhi.  Kiincha ek photo, agreement ka base e-mail main. Ek click I agree phir kuch personal saval. Medicial history ke baare main kuch saval. Vo bhi totally clear hai so no more complication. Saath saath acceptance bhi aagaya phir IT department, vahaan par bhi aise hee kuch. Ek ID come key card jise se saara kaam ho saktha hai. Laptop diya... Data card dhiya... Saath main ek pendrive aur phir kuch software daala, the ones I am familiar with... Thab thak ID card bhi system main update hogaya.  Ek list banaya, email Kiya apni official I.D main beja. Ek storage area dhiya, uski chabi bhi meri ID card tha. Usmain saare chizon ke liye apni apni jaga thi. Labed!

"Labels? Saach main? Saanj laughed, "Tumhari boss kaafi control freak lagthi hai.

"Control freak nahi queen bee bolo. Vo jahaan jayegi sara office vahaan attention main kadhi hojathi hai. Nazar aisi ki duur se apni shikar ko ghayal kar degi. Upar se strict kaam Ko lekar phir bhi fitness freek hai. Phone main meeting tab hands free dall kar uupar neche apni cabin main walk karthi hai vo be barefoot. Aur kaam main ithni perfectionist hai, ke pucho maath... phir bhi saab se thank you aur please use karke baath karthi hai. Sorry bhi bolthi hai, she started the company when she was eighteen. Thab se lekar aaj thak ek company ko rules se chalathi hai. Usse gussa dhilana tho ek nightmare ko aarthi utharne ek hii baath hothi hai.

"Kya? Bathroom jaane ke ijazath dethi hai? Aayan lauged and so did Arjun smiled, "Yaar ithni sweet ladki bhi hai, meeting ho raha hai jab phone ki alarm bajthi hai, aur vo mujse puchti hai, would you like to get the cake? Mrs. Brigansa aaj jaldhi dukaan band karne vaali hai. We can continue as we go! Aur actually kia she walked with me to the cake shop and back. Vo bhi office aur kaam samjathe hue.

"She sounds super sweet. Arjun ignored the hint of anger in Saanj's voice. "Hooh teri, maine cake ko dhano par hi chod kiya.

"Main lekar aatha hoon. Aayan shot away wanting to get away from the fight, "Tum jaab se vaapas ayi thi thab se sirf is nayi office ke tharif karthe ja rahe ho. Aise kya hai tumhari nayi office main?

"Vahi jo tumhari office main nahi hai. Effective boss. finally Saanj asked the question she was dreading, "Kya vo khubsurat hai?

"Hmm khubsurat hai lekin usse bhi kuch aage hai. Millogi tho samaj paogi. he replied sealing the fear which was running in the girl's mind, "Bhai cake -

Seeing the brand Saanj yelled, "Kaha se kadeedha isse? Kithni paise lag gayi hogi? Pavan ke dukaan kahan baag gaya?

Sighing Arjun replied, "Pavan ka dukan? Duskey kabhi those jeena seeklo.

Just then Vandhana and Suman walked in both dressed in saries... Suman in a light biscuit coloured synthetic one with dark brown leaves all over it. She wore a brown blouse to go with it. Her hair tied up in a clip and bun style. Along with it she had dect herself up using light brown eyeshadow with a touch of dark in the end. Along with the thin eyeliner smudged in the end. Finished off with a deep beige colour lipstick.

Vandhana had left her hair open dressed in a dark maroon saree with a little cream blouse with maroon diamond designs on them. Both cotton. A big dark brown bindhi stuck on her forehead but except for face powder and light pin lip-gloss she did not do anything to herself. Both chattering away, "Saach bol rahi honn kuch tho hai Mr. Jaideep aur Mrs. Harshadh ke beech. Lekin main keherahi hoon bechare bagwaan tho beech main phas gaye the. Cake?

"Arjun ko job milgaya hai, fashion in the city magazine main. One month - probation and training. she added a jibe in her voice which was noticed by both Vandhana and Suman. Something made her unhappy. Yet nither said anything about it continuing the conversation, "Congradulations beta! Mathlab aaj raath tho pary banthi hai. Vandhana, tum paav baji tho banarahi ho. Cake hai, chips bhi hai kya ghar par?

"Main lekar aathi hoon. Vandhana replied, happily knowing Arjun won't accept a hug from her. She needed to go thank God and request he stays there for at least a year so that she could approach the subject of marriage. She loved to have Saanj over but she desperately wanted her home as her bahu and not padosi ki beti. "Saanj mere saath chalogi please?

"All right aunty. once they were out was when she finally spoke, "Kya hua Saanj?

"Arjun ne kaha uska boss kaafi aachi hai. Aaj thak hamesha use apne bosses ke saath banthi nahi thi... Vandhana sighed before speaking, "Tho kya hua?

"Arjun ki boss ek kuubsurath ladki hai. Smart bhi, aur comany ko shuru ki thi jaab vo aatara saal ki thi. Aap jaanthe hai na, vo magazine kithni popular hai uupar se unke aatached apps, bloggers aur profit margin bhi. She is brilliant aur jaab se vaapas aaya hai sif us company aur unke systems ka thareef kartha ja raha hai.

"Yeah tho aachi baath hai beta. Saanj shook her head fighting her tears, "Nahi aunty, yeah aachi baath nahi hai. Vo Mr. Malkani ki client hai, ek dho baar maine uski case file ko dheka hai. Jaab bhi meeting hothi hai tho saari office ek bee hive ke thara buzz karne lagthi hai. Sir kudh darne lagthe hai, vo hamari sabse badi client hai.

"Tho kya hua? Aise ladkiyan ke paas na admirers ke line kaafi lambhi hai. Arjun ko aage jaana main bathoth waqth lagega. Aur hamare Arjun ko tho inthizar sabdh se hi nafrath hai.

Finally, Saanj laughed, "Your right, I am sure Maya ki zindagi main koi tho hoga. Aunty hum Arjun ke liye uski favorite channa bhi lekar aathe?

"Chalo! Vandhana continued, "Waise bhi Maya jaise ladikiyan na Arjun ke saare favorites ko dhekar hi faces karne lagagi. Aur hamare janaab ko tho har thara ka kaana pasandh hai. Ek baar Maya jaisi multi-course expensive, spoon counting type ke saath ek baar kaana kayega tho saare booth bas demaag se nikal jayega.     

They continued to walk a little further down the road. Unaware of the fact that the person they were talking about had drove past them in a white BMW humming away. The restaurant she pulled over into was a turn away it was a mediocre, road side one... far from any restaurant. It had a large open kitchen, food being cooked in small amounts, huge variety. In the lawn was set with several umbrella-tables which was beautifully set with comfortable plastic chairs. Waiters dressed in jeans and uniform shirts serving people. Maya walked in smiling at the few people who were hanging around. A mostly mixed group of families, friends or just couples. She wore a black low necked, spaghetti dress with flowers in several colours, reaching down to her knees. With it she wore a white short sleeved top with a close collar. On her feet were simple flat sandals that strapped up at her ankles. Walking through the paved pathway her eyes kept hunting for the person she had come to meet. Two men sat chatting at a table, one dressed in a dull gray shirt with a simple watch and bracelet. His watery eyes seemed diluted. The other was wearing a dark green shirt with a white vest. His hair cut to fashion and covering, so was the french beard... his eyes though sharp and shrewd. Walking over Maya slid onto the lap of the later, saying, "Hi Ashwin!

The man smiled despite the shocked expression of Prem Mathur who sat with him, "Hi Maya baby. Meet Prem Mathur, my friend from collage." 

Shakthi-04 thumbnail

Chapter 3 - Reality Check

Maya sat across Ashwin's lap and he quickly wrapped an arm around her waist to keep her in place. Prem had a question raised in his mind but just then the waiter walked up. He too paused to see the young girl on the elder man's lap unsure of what to say... Placing the cutlet and samosas in front of them, the waiter paused for a moment seeing the trio before asking, "Sir aap ke liye kuch aur?

"Meri beti ke liye... umm Maya baby tume kya chahiye? Aswin asked turning to the girl on his lap. She bit her lower lip thinking for a moment, the waiter pitched in, "Ma'am hamare paas salads aur finger sandwiches bhi hai.   

"Bahoth bhook lagi hai kuch asli kaana hai kya? asked Maya an amused expression on her face, a confused Prem watched as Ashwin ordered, "Strawberry milkshake with icecream and a chicken burger. Also some french fries.  

"Tumhari beti? he asked again confused, "Yeah Maya. Maya baby Prem, mera dost. School ke dinon se.

"Namaste. Maya folded her hands politely before Ashwin continued, "Haan meri beti, meri aur Janvi ki beti.

Prem's expression changed instantly, "Oh?

Maya decided to change the topic and asked, "Aap ka line of work kya hai Mr. Mathur?

"Prem Uncle is fine beta. Main aur tumhare papa kaafi aache dosth hai. Main ek dealer hoon, chota sa bussiness chalatha hoon. Personalising automobiles - kaafi aacha hai. he replied, "Aswin bol raha hai ke tum ek top level business woman ho.

"Business tho karthi hoon lekin asli interest tho art main hai. she replied eating some of the cutlet as Ashwin fed her, "Superb. Can I have this one? Actually I am having this one. Waiter se ek aur mangwathi hoon. When we are at it kya yeah loog take away dethe hai?

Prem laughed unable to control himself finally feeling comfortable with the whole situation, "Tume kaana pasandh hai?

"Actually, muje aacha kaana pasandh hai. Actually uncle, vo kya hai na bale main ek fashion magazine chalathi hoon lekin kokla-pan aur image oriented behaviour bilkul pasandh nahi hai. Maya smiled, "Khana se zyada saachi issue dunya main kuch bhi nahi hai. Aur shudh bhi, aacha khan mathlab achi din. Papa hamesha kehethe the ke breakfast aacha se khana chahiye. It's the most important meal of the day!

"Baby tum aur Shipra tho har meal ko important banadhethe hai. came the quirky reply from Ashwin, "Kyunki humare kiye har meal important hai.

A sheepish smile crept across Maya's face while he spoke, "Aaj achanak meeting kaise?

"Mile tho keench kar lana pada varna saab kaise milne aayenge. Ashwin accused, "Mujjaise sadak chaap ko tum logon ke clubs main aane nahi denge yaar.

The smile faded from Ashwin's face and Maya looked away for a distraction when her order was brought over, "Finally bahut bhook lagi hai. One more plate of cutlet please. Prem uncle aap ko?

"No thank you! he replied, Maya smiled at the the waiter saying, "Thank you.

When the man lingered for a few more minutes she looked at him questioningly, "Can I help you?

"Aap Maya Meherothra hai na? he asked, she nodded, "Actually ma'am I am a fashion designing student. Aap ko apni designs dhikana chance chahiye. Appointment millega tho!

Picking up her handbag and handed him a visiting card, "Iss main meri email id hai bijwadho apni designs ke copy. Dhekthe hai.    

"Thanking her he happily went to serve the next custimer, a waaitinh Saanj and Vandhana, "Maya jaise ladkiyan ko vada pav ki value bilkul nahi jaanpayegi. Arjun ko kaahan se jaan payegi. Vo aise jage par aane ke liye bhi sau nakre karegi, forks kahaan hai? Table main sirf ek spoon kyun hai? Baki kahaan par hai? Tissue papers? Napkins kaahan par hai. Thank you betha!

"Thank you. Saanj echoed picking up the food from the waiter walking away, "Patha nahi aise ladkiyan kaise hosakte hai. Muje na, apna chota sa ghar par, apni chota sa parivar ke saath kush hoon. Muje Maya ke thara kabhi nahi bana, snobish and successful.

"Vo hai meri Saanj, meri pyari si beti jisko koi bhi ameer ladki se duss guna zyadha aachi hai. she smiled, starting the engine while Saanj sat at the back, "Aabj Arjun ke job milne ke kushi manale?

Happily they went back, to hear him say, "Maya ne ithni aachi thara saara kaam samjaya, so casually, phir kaha ke kaal nau baje office main aajana. She even personally checked the ID card for electronic access and everything. She was particular about everything, jab maine puucha kyun tho boli thi - baadh main issues avoid karne ke liye.

"Wow bai, kya ladki hai. Aayan replied, "Kya ladki hai, jaise bhi hai usse aachi humari Saanj hai.

Aayan snickered, "Haan - chat-salad bannane main.

"Duskey tume chai, chat-salad aur maagie ke siva kuch banna bhi aathi hai kya? Arjun asked and both the boys once again began rolling with laughter. Saanj quickly retorted with a tossing of the pillow at both the boys saying, "Kam se kaam main vo tho bana sakti hoon tumhari Maya ko tho vo bhi nahi kar payegi. Vo ladki tho apne liye ek glass paani bhi nahi lepayegi.

"Haan kyunki koi hoga uske paas high class mehengi glass main dhene ke liye vo bhi ek chandhi ka tray main laga kar. That is the life... kash muje bhi aise ek zindagi mil sakti hai. Arjun mentioned, "Agar uske saath Maya jaisi kuubsurath biwi millgayegi na tho bas zindagi set hogayega.

"Maya - Maya - Maya jaab se aaye ho ussi ke naam jabthe ja rahe ho. snapped Saanj finally storming out of the house, "Bahi kyun? Hurt kardhiya na uski feelings ko.

"Maine kya kiya? Arjun asked when everyone glared at him he sighed, "Dinner thiyar hai? Main pack karke leejatha hoon hum donon shanthi spot main kaalenge.

Happily Suman and Vandhana packed their food when Prem walked in, "Congradulations Arjun.

"Thanks uncle main aap se baadh main bath kartha hoon. Duskey phir se gussa hogayi hai. Prem laughed while Arjun grabbed the packed food and rushed to their shanthi spot. "Tho uski favorite lime juice bhi lekar jao.

"Thanks uncle. He replied rushing over to Saanj who was sitting angrily when he reached there, smiling he went over to her. "Excuse me aap ne meri dosth ko dheka hai kya. Cute ladki, bhilli ke thara aanken, thodi si choti nose aur short bhi. Lekin muu kaafi badi hai, ruut kar gayi hai. Meri duskey!

Turning away she replied, "Apna kaana lekar jao apni Maya ke paas muje nahi kaana.

"Come on Duskey, kya hua tume? that was enough to start the event and him to star the venting and him setting plates for dinner, "JAAB SE AAYE HO APNI NAYA OFFICE AUR APNI NAYI BOSS KE BAARE MAIN JAABTHE JA RAHE HO. EK SHABDH BHI MUJSE PUUCHA, MERI DIN KAISI THI? AAJ MR. MALKANI NE KYA-KYA KARVAYA MUJSE? YAA PHIR MAINE KYA KAAYA AAJ? NAHI BAAS MAYA - MAYA AUR THODA SA AUR MAYA.

"Done. now start eating. she glared at him before she took the food and began speaking, "Duskey tume patha hai kithni mushkil hothi hai muje kaam par. Aaj thaj jahan par bhi main chaltha hoon vahan par ek extra smart big mouth ko hee dhekthe hai jisko kaam sikana padega. Lekin yaahan par na baath alag hai. Muje aaj ithni saari cheezon ka access dhiya gaya tha. Uupar se meri baath ko bhi sunliya - cross question kiya. Ithni pyar se baath kiya mujse, she had actually set up an allarm so that I could get the cake-

"Hmm - vahi tho. Tumse ithni aachi kyun hai? demanded Saanj, Arjun finally understood what was happening, "Tume lagtha hai ke vo mujse interested hai?

"Haan. came the reply from her, laughing he finally updated the rest of the story, "Duskey vo sirf mere saath nahi lekin saab ke saath aise thi. Mere liye cake, accountant ke liye bhi mangvaya. Uski beti ki birthday thi aaj tho Maya ne uske liye bhi cake mangvayi thi. A box overflowing with building blocks, vo bhi uski favorite princesses ke pictures ke saath.

"So? Tume impress karne ke liye kiya hoga. Phir cover up karne ke liye ek cake ka order de sakti hai na? Saanj argued, after a moment's pause Arjun spoke, "Duskey, accountant ki beti ko diapaties hai. Uupar se vo ek bin maa ki bachi hai. Cake desiner tha, maathlab kam se kam se kaam teen maheene chahiye. Ithna detailed, ithna personalised cake teen char gante main nahi bana sakte hai.

"Tuje kaise patha? Saanj demanded not convinced, "Kyunki maine receipt ko dhek liya.

Hitting him hard she snapped at him, "Duffer tumne apni boss ki haath ka receipt dheka?

"Nahi Duskey, it was actually by mistake. Dhukaan main jaa rahe the tho Maya ko phone call aaya tha. Tho usne muje recept diya aur phone attend karne ke liye gayi tho. Thab maine dheka, ek order lekin koi aise vaisi order nahi ek bahoth detailed order. Jismain ek desighner wheat cake ka order tha jismain sugar free ka isthimal kiya gaya kyunki vo bachi ko kisi disorder ka problem tha. Uupar se vaapas jaathe hai tho ek birthday party chal raha tha. Ek duss saal ki bachi aur uski dosthon ke liye, office ka staff ko bhi cake ka mauka dhiya gaya. Lekin muje ek nivala bhi nahi kaapaya... kyunki vahan par birthday girl na weel-chair main thi.     

Shakthi-04 thumbnail

Chapter 4 - The Party

A few hours previously, Maya and Arjun were walking towards the cake shop as she updated him regarding the work, "Arjun all official write communications are in English. As in e-mails, letters and all lekin bolne ke liye hum koi bhi language use karthe hai. I run a magazine not an english medium school. she went on as they walked towards the cake shop, right at the glass door her phone suddenly rang, "I am sorry I need to get this. Can you please process this order.  

"Sure. Taking the slip Arjun went inside stopping for a minute to read the order. "Yeah Maya kithni health conscious hai? Cake ke liye... lekin ithna bada cake kaane vaali hai?

"Sure. Taking the slip Arjun made a face at the price tag, "Ithna expensive chake, ithna badha vo bhi wheat aur sugar free ke saath? Aise kaun kaatha hai - isske liye bhi desighned? Rich people...

"Excuse me, umm Maya Meherothra ne muje aap ko dhene ke liye kaha. he handed the slip to the lady in the counter. She was old and wore her white hair short dressed in a simple floral print dress with a white apron. "Aur mere liye ek cake mil sakti hai kya. Not your expensive ones, just something simple. I am sorry kya muje pre-order kana padega?

"Choose. Vanila. Butter scotch. Strawberry. came the reply pointing towards the cakes, Arjun smiled and looked down surprised... there were only three cakes there. The rest were clearly orders waiting for pick ups, "Can I have the strawberry please.

"Packed? Any wordings? the lady asked, her large round face with light blue eyes before she spoke, "No thank you.

"Maya's employee? asked the lady picking a cake box and began packing the cake. Arjun nodded, "Photographer, aaj hee join kiya.

"I.D? Arjun handed his aadhar card to her, "Company ID card.

"Oh! embarrassed he showed it and she handed him the bill, "Thanks - 25% discount? Wow thanks.

The lady ignored him as she took another cake. A large round double layered one with several princess characters printed on it... set as if there were overflowing with building blocks of various colours. She carefully packed it away when Maya walked back in, "Sorry Arjun, it was important. Oh thank you aunty, you got your cake?

"I did thank you. Shall I carry that for you, kaafi badi lag rahi hai. Arjun asked seeing Maya going to pick up the cake, "You don't mind? You have your own to carry.

"You know what, exchange kardhethe hai. Aap mere cake lejiye aur main aap ka letha hoon. Muje apna cake dhanno par rakna hai, aap ko kahaan par daal doon? she asked, "Muje apna cake hamare parking main chahiye. Lekin agar tum usse reception thak leekar aasakte ho tho kaafi hai.

"Main lekar aasakta hoon tearce thak, birthday kiski hai? he asked curiosity eating him away, "Keerthi - Purab, hamari actually accountant ki beti hai. Uski ma nahi hai tho birthday party hum manathe hai parking main.

"Pura office? Arjun asked surprised paying for his own cake which Maya picked up, saying goodbye to the lady they left, "Nahi nahi, sirf main Purab, Riya, Shilpa, hmm apart from that? Keerthi's friends and parents.

"Aap apne saare employees ke bachon ka birthday office main karvathe hai. she asked, surprised she laughed, "Nahi nahi it is an exception. Arjun Keerthi has a condition and so do her friends. Most of the party halls don't cater food that is suitable to them. We manage to gather it.

"Oh that is nice... after a little hesitation Maya dropped the bomb, "Arjun would you like to join us? If you don't mind we could use a photographer in the party. Do you need something to change into? It is an informal one after all...

"Naah I am cool thoda sa deodorant daal dhangua and I am in. Maya's smile seemed to light across her face, mesmerizing enough for him to frees on the spot. Nearly missing the words she spoke after that, "Thank you any time you feel the need to leave just do it.

"I will. he managed to say, when he finally went over to the spot pausing for a minute to keep the closed cake in the jeep before going to the parking. It was decorated with balloons of several colours, wherever possible there were small flowers set upon the place. Someone (possibly Riya) had pulled out the cars and set it in the road, "Where do you want it?

"Keep it on the table there. The kids will be coming any time. There is a digital camera my personal one, chalo main tume usse dethi hoon. No problem right? she enquired again, surprised at her constant asking, Arjun assured her it will be fine. Going back to the office, he watched as a portable table had been set for food and the people she mentioned coming to the party carrying food. "If you need something, coffee? Tea? Juice? Soft drinks?

"Aap change kijiye main canteen main ek coffee letha hoon. Arjun replied nodding Maya left him at the canteen to change out of the clothes. A few minutes later while he was sipping his coffee she returned dressed in a black low necked, spaghetti dress with flowers in several colours, reaching down to her knees. With it she wore a white short sleeved top with a close collar. On her ears were a pearl drop earrings with small pearls attached to a multiple earring with a matching bracelet set. On her waist was a thin pear-drop based silver belt with small white beads in between. The sight that made him nearly choke on his coffee, All that without makeup? Aloud he said, "Umm kaafi dressed up hai aap.

"It is a party. was all Maya said, handing a simple digital camera to him, before they rushed off back to the parking where kids had begun coming in. The wonderfully decorated place though this time seemed to turn everything topsy turvy. His breath hitched this time seeing kids at various levels of blading heads. Most of them were dressed in very traditional ghagra types of clothes with jewelry too... in various colours. The boys were wearing kurtha's set with turbans and other traditional accessories. A smiling Maya walked over to a girl dressed a beautiful cream and dark blue lehenga set with a beautiful lamp and light like design with a light cream dupatta with dark blue on the ends... covering a balding head. All he could do was think, Who were these kids?          

"There is my baby. Maya went to the kid while some of the other office members were chatting with other adults. "Happy birthday baby girl.

"Thank you Maya. she replied, returning the hug, the first seen Arjun quickly caught in his camera.

The first seen he showed Saanj sitting on the wall of shanthi spot' watching her eyes slowly grow moist as he watched her go through the pictures. Several of children enjoying a party. While they were eating the cake and chatting with a child in a wheelchair gently wiping her with a tissue paper. "Beautiful - yeah vaala kyun keencha tumne?

It had been Maya removing the accessories, "Bachi ki maa ki thi, uske liye peheni thi.

"Oh? for the first time Saanj realised something, Maya was not what she seemed. Through the night, even after their dinner was finished Saanj continued seeing several pictures of the party' asking Arjun many questions.  Working up the courage she finally asked, "Kya vo tume aachi lagthi hai?

"Obviously aachi lagthi hai. Ithni aachi boss hai, pyar se baath karti hai phir bhi strict hai. Kaam ko saar ke uuupar phainkthi nahi balki challenges dethi hai. Phir bhi supportive bhi hai... sirf muje nahi puri office ko vo aachi lagthi hai. came Arjun's reply. "Ek baar thm bhi usse millo tume bhi vo aachi lagne lagegi.

Unaware of this conversation about her, Maya stood in her spacious bedroom dressed in a dark green camisole top with white three forts set with small tinkerbell prints all over them. A canvas set up to paint as she sharpened a pencil to work. Her eyes filled with focus and her teeth biting her lower lips... a strange happiness at the sight of the sharpness.

Shakthi-04 thumbnail

Chapter 5 - Maya's world... 

Her eyes filled with focus and her teeth biting her lower lips... a strange happiness at the sight of the sharpness. Then she began sketching with precession and focus. After a few hours she finally removed the gloves she wore paint filled on it. Sighing she looked back at the painting... a four year old girl dressed in a brown frock with yellow flowers on it. Her hair was black and brownish and neatly braided. She sat with her hand in her chin, sad eyes tears going down her eyes. A plate of fruits and cakes in front of her untouched. Blurry green, yellow and browns made it seem like she was in a garden... the only thing significant about that child was a baby chain with an angel pendent on it. She was just enjoying her work when a voice interrupted her from behind, "Kaafi detailed hai.

Turning around she smiled at the woman with slightly shiny skin and very light skin. Her eyes were petal like and bluntish against her large lips. Her straight long hair was left open like a strait contrast against the pale yellow night dress she wore. "Thank you Shipra.

"Phir se neendh nahi aayi? she asked as Maya turned back around to give the the finishing touches. Shipra stepped over gently hugging the younger girl around the waist resting her head on the younger girl's' shoulder, "Shipra painting muje aachi lagthi hai. Safe feel karthi hoon, uupar se nightmares nahi aathi.

"I know baby. Go brush up, change we are going for a run. giving an army like salute she rushed off. A few minutes later Shipra stood at the kitchen the four burner had already been set with two vessels with milk. The third with a brown liquid boiling up... The coffee maker had been slowly steaming up! Dressed in a baggy full armed gray t-shirt and tracks. Her hair pulled up in a ponytail and sweat bands. A minute later Maya joined her, her hair pulled up in a ponytail too with white three-fourth tracks, a dark short sleeved green tshirt with a smaller white spaghetti top with gibberish written in various sober colours. Maya instantly joined her in peeling some potatoes while Shipra poured out the milk and coffee into two mugs. She added a little flavouring before giving Maya hers, "Hmm... subah subah tumhari haathon ki coffee ke bagar din aachi nahi lagthi hai

"Pata hai, Maya baby jaggary ko zara switch off kardho. Jaane se pehee barfi ka base banadhenge. she told her a smile instantly crept on Maya's face, "Raagi ki barfi kithne dinon ke baadh! Brakefast ke liye?

"Bacha, tumhare liye tumhari favourite carrot-aalu ke parate bhi. Lunch ke liye tumhari favourite mutton biriyani aur raitha. Potato chips bhi hai tumhare liye. Uske baadh tume meeta main kulfi banarahi hoon dinner ke liye. Lunch main kuch sweets chahiye? after a minute Maya shook her head, picking up a box from the overhead cupboard and a measuring spoon, "Nahi fruits kaafi hai.

In a few minutes of silence Maya mixed the powder and jaggery for making ragi barfi's while Shipra began chopping everything needed for the biriyani. Once the coffee was finished, Maya quiety set up the everything inside a large electric rice cooker. Finally Shipra poured water from a measuring glass and switching it on while Maya washed the coffee cups, "Chalo, aab jogging chalthe. Waise tumhari fans ke line lagchuki hai!

"Ek baar unn fans ko patha chale ke muje shoes ke lace thak band nahi pathi opposite side baag jayenge.

Joked Maya walking towards the shoes closet picking up a white velcro running shoes. Laughing Shipra took her own gray and pink ones but with lace, "Ithni badi business woman lekin shoes bandh nahi pathi hai. Chalo varna jo tumhare bahane exercise karthe hai vo kuch nahi karenge.

After laughing for a few minutes Maya and Shipra began their daily routine. "Ek kaam karo, collage ke baare main socha yaa?

"MBA ke liye? Maya asked, "Aur kya tum already management ka degree hai. Obviously MBA ka baath kar rahi hoon.

"No ways plate already ithni ful hai kuch aur karne ke baare main soch bhi nahi sakti. replied Maya sighed. The run went as usual and when they returned Maya and Shipra the electric rice-cooker was switched off. "Main saab bahar nikalthi huun jao, Aswhin ko uttadho.

"All right. Maya tossed her shoes off, ran across the hall like a little kid... making a beeline to the dressing table diagonally opposite to the door. Placed the open cupboard with cosmetics and other things was the remote too. Quietly she switched off the AC but did not touch the curtains or windows... a man was sleeping soundly on the bed. The pale yellow and white combination adding flavour to the beautiful room. Quietly she crept over and jumped on to the bed in a kneeling position simultaneously screaming, "Good morning Ashwin!

The response was instant, tackling the girl into a bear hug, the man replied, "Good morning Maya baby.

"Aah! she shouted as the two of them rolled in the bed, tangling the bedspreads further since she was above. The simple round neck mango yellow t shirt crumpling further in the little fight. "Maya, Ashwin bass bhi karo. Ashwin your coffee.

"Good morning darling. Thank you. Ashwin drank the coffee with Maya hanging around his neck, "Excercise kiya yaa karvaya?

"Tumhari beti ne karvaya deed saari ladkon se. Maya responded with a what me?' facial expression Ashwin laughed into his coffee, "Maya baby why don't you say ok to one of those guys. Tum dhonon ko jog karne ke liye ek male companion mil jayega aur muje apni biwi ka waqth, in the mornings. Maya ko aakar chillane ki zarurath nahi padegi.

"Ashwin! Maya wined while Shipra laughed sitting down on the bed, "Come to me baby.

Instantly, she left Ashwin to lie down on Shipra's lap, her legs partially folded up while he rubbed her feet with his free hand. Shipra's busy on her forehead, "Unnlogon se ek bhi nahi tume ek aacha ladka chahiye. Preferabily ek ghar jamay tho even better.

"What? she laughed as Ashwin choked on his coffee, "Mathlab isski kabhi vidhayi nahi hogi? I was looking forward to get rid of her.

Maya's jaw dropped angrily but Shipra jumped in, "Ashwin that is enough. Maya, potatoes mash karke nahakar aana phir puja kaenge.

"Okidoki. again hugging Ashwin around the neck she have a loud kiss, "Tume puri zindagi mere chillane ke wajay se utna padega Ashwin.

Maya walked out turning to see Ashwin pulling on his artificial above-knees legs, laughing. "Shaithan bahoth zoor se chilayi?

"Come on Shipra darlking tume aachi tara patha hai ke main jaaga hua tha. she smiled, "Bass ek aisa ladka miljai jisko humare rishtha samaj main aajay.

"Aur saath main khaana banabhi patha hai. Added Ashwin, Shipra looked curious and surprised, "Khaana kyun?

"Ladai hogayi tho isko kheer ke bhina kahan mana payega? Shipra instantly began laughing, "Vo tho hai. Kuch bhi ho bas kheer dhekar mana payega. Aaj bola ragi ki Barfi banarahi hoon ithna bada muskaan the chehere par. Aur raath ki kulfi tho jitni aachi lagti hai usko. Kya hua?

Pausing she watched the smile on Ashwin's face, taking her hand in his he gently pressed it against her lips saying, "Thank you for everything.

"Ashwin please thanks bolkar muje paraya math karo. Maya bachi hai meri zindagi main roshni lekar again thi... Meri zindagi ko us jaanvar ne - Ashwin gripped her hand showering support, "Main nahakar aathi hoon.

Ashwin walked out to give his wife some privacy only to hear his daughter speak on the phone, "Photo ka backup copy lena phir tume jo karna hai karo uss copy main. Name the file differently...

Maya was holding the phone against her cheeks mashing the potatos as she spoke, "Yes it's totally fine Arjun I will send you the same via an email right now you can have a written backup of everything... I trust you. Don't worry it's an old photo which I have already used. Issi liye maine tumse vo photos bijwadhiya, I did not expect this though... You are welcome. Yes Arjun it's totally fine. I called you remember? Yes you don't have to worry. I will see you at office at ninesharp. By!

"Phone ithni subah? Ashwin asked while Maya smiled, "Yeah naya photography intern ek idea agaya tha. I doubt he will make it to office today.

"Bet kya hai? Ashwin asked, "Hmm movie? Loser has to arrange everything.

"Riya nahi - tume kudh. This weekend. they shook on it, "Done, aab main nahane jaarahi hoon, masalas dhaal dhiya aata ko Shipra ne gumadhiya.

"Main banadunga tum jao. Tume kaunsi aachar chahiye? Maya paused going out of the kitchen before answering, "Hmm vo chota chota garlic vaala, Ashwin pyas bhi please?

"Teek hai. Vinegar? she shouted the answer back, "Yes, light.

A little while later the aroma of wonderful paratas began filling the room when Maya walked back out dressed in a knee length spaghetti strapped white sun dress. Her hair still wet from the shower thought brushed neatly. Ashwin himself in an orange and white striped tshirt with navy blue tracks smiled but continued to finish up breakfast. Seeing the calendar closely she mentioned to her father, "Smells too good.

"Thank you. Dhesi gee main bana raha hoon. Uske liye bhi ek app daldho na. Maya snorted, "Shipra muje choti choti tukde karke maar dalegi.

"Aah.. tho aaj kaun bakra bane vaala hai? smiling Maya replied, "Vishnu ji, soch rahi thi baal gopal ki koi gaana gaalun.

"Koi Meera bajan gao na, kithne din hogaye sunkar. She nodded, as he switched the stove off going to the puja were a small bappa sat. Shipra handed Maya a silk, blue scarf covering her own head with her plane biscuit coloured sari. The beautiful pear necklace with it's leaf patterns with the matching earrings. On both her wrists were simple bangles that matched the necklace and a brown leather watch with leaf patterns. The deep brown eye shadow with eyeliner and the caramel coloured lipstick completed the dress. Following the ladies example Maya too placed the duppata over her head and wore the white strapped watch the elder lady gave her on her free hand. Pausing for a minute she looked at the cute picture of Mikey and Minny ticking away inside. A sad Ashwin looked away while Shipra patted his wrist lightly before handing Maya the aarthi ki thali. Lighting the lamp Maya began chanting, "Shuklam bharatharm Vishnum...

The chant went on followed by the promised Meera bajan with Maya it on the sitar simultaneously. At the end Shipra hugged the girl tightly wiping the tears which flowed down her eyes, "Shayadh issi liye bagvaan ne Meera ko dharshan dhekar apne paas lekar chale gaye. Beautiful beta, simply beautiful!

"Thank you Shipra, maa ki favorite thi. She replied leaning into the woman who had become a motherly figure in her life. The flinch noticed only by her husband! Distracting the situation he pulled the younger girls arm, "Kaana khale? Bahoth bhuuk lagi hai.

At the breakfast table Maya kept using the tab when Ashwin force fed her the paratas saying, "Come ek aur, good girl. News kai bag kar nahi jayega.

"Mmm Ashwin do minute, sweaping ke waqth sunlungi. Just need to select the right ones. She replied, as he fed her another mouthful, "Thoda aur dhahi.

"Pura cup tuhmari muu main dal dun?Ashwin picked up the cup of curd and placed it near her mouth. Shipra quickly stopped him, "Kilane ko kaha bachi ko choke karna nahi, chup chap kiladho.

"Aare vahi tho kar raha huun. Princess baiti hai meri godh main aur tum muje daant rahi ho? he asked a laughing Maya continued working through her I Pad, "Daandh math dhikao, extra dhahi ke saath come on. Good girl.

The daily routine went on as usual... Maya on Ashwin's lap being fed before she swept and mopped the house listening to which ever article interested her. The kind of routine she had been following for a long time now despite the initial protests by the matron. Now, Maya from the little girl had become the light of their life... nothing could ever change it. Even that burning jealousy towards Janvi when ever she mentioned her. 

(A/N: Last dragging chapter... wanted to set the tone but took more than I expected sorry for pulling it to 5 chapters. Next chapter onwards more of Maya and Arjun) 

Shakthi-04 thumbnail

Chapter 6 misunderstandings 

It had been three months and Arjun finally set into a routine. She gave assignments they worked on it and at times she encouraged him to meet clients too. Today was the challenge she wanted him to shoot something for the next issue. He was standing there dressed in a black jeans with a cream shirt. He was glad she asked him to use sandals since he would have to stand around a lot. The camera around his neck, eyes focusing on getting the right shot. Once in awhile glancing at Maya and sighing. He had grown to notice everything about her recently even the full length red pencil skirt with black checks and a white butterfly sleeves blouse. Her hair was left open with her favourite side parting, the red eye shadow with the sharp sword cut using eyeliner made her eyes seemed more attractive than normal. The peach lip gloss making her lips more attractive somehow did not help his cause. Especially since she was biting the maple leaf gold pendent while listening to what ever that designer was saying on the phone... the peach nail polish with the light touch of glitter was not helping his case. Nor was the smile spreading across her face... finally the words came out of her lips. "I love it Arjun a minute please?

"Yes Maya, kuch chahiye? he asked smiling at her, glad to finally have her attention. "Yeah actually Rita had a superb idea. The plane dresses we can have them against the painted glass window backgrounds. The printed dresses we can have on external locations. Beach, parks and office, isska mathlab hai thoda extra kaam...

"Extra kaam? That is perfect. Bahoth dinon se kuch alag kara chahatha tha. Aap aayenge na? Shoot ke liye? A surprise Maya looked at him before speaking, "Of Course aana tho padega, varna kuch models na photo shoot ko orgy banadenge. Kyun tum nahi chahte ho main aaun shoot par?

"Nahi nahi aap ke bagayir shoot kaise ho payega? Arjun jumped makeing Maya giggle, "Tum.

"Sorry? he asked puzzled, "Tum kaho aap nahi.

"Tum nahi aaogi tho photo shoot kaise hopayega. Inspiration tho tumse hi milthi hai. Blushing Maya looked down taking a bold move, Arjun gently tucked her hair behind her ear relishing her skin under his touch. The ruby studs shining in the light catching his eyes further, "Kithni cute earings hai aap par bahoth sute karti hai.

Touching them she smiled, "Meri ma ki thi, khandani hai.

The blush that spread more across her face and the rubbing of their wrists seemed to make an electricity pass through him. A voice behind them ended up interrupting their moment, "Maya baby I was looking all over for you. Chalo mere saath, there is someone I need you to meet.

"Coming Ashwin. Excuse me Arjun, tum saare hotel dhek lena, kuch sample shots lena, information gather kardho. Main kaam liptakar aathi hoon. Sadly he watched her go with the elder man dressed in a dark green suit with a white shirt with green stripes, before he could reply. The branded shoes and the expensive watch did not miss his eyes and he looked at his dull brown leather ones. Sighing in self pity he did as he was told going around looking for good spots. Asking few questions around and making notes in his phone when the sight caught his eye. The man who had taken Maya was sitting with another person. A foreigner by the blond hair and skin, he too was dressed in near formals. Gray jeans with a black shirt and a black and white tweeted jacket! Starting from the platinum watch with the matching tweeted pattern to the Italian black shoes. Both the men were having hot coffees...  what shocked Arjun brakeing his heart was Maya sitting on the lap of the man who called her away. On top of that he was feeding her coffee from his own mug. The sight seemed to sting his eyes and burn his heart. He wanted to slam the man against the wall and scream, "UMAR MAIN MAYA TUMHARI BETI LAGTHI HAI. KAISA AADHMI HO TUM.

Unfortunately being just a photographer he did no such thing. When the meeting was finished they said goodbye to the man and walked up to him. The limp in the elder mans walk highly visible at the moment. The radiant smile could be replied only with a feeble one. "Kaam hogaya?

"Haan bas office ke liye nikal raha tha. Socha aap ko batha kar chaltha hoon. He replied, the man standing there and just listening to their conversation, "Saath main chalthe hai, tum apni gaadi lekar aaye ho na?

"Ji. Clapping her hands at his reply she turned to the man, "Ashwin tum jao main Arjun ke saath chali jaungi. Waise bhi cover story ke bare main kuch baath karni thi. By the way Ashwin he is Arjun Sharma, fashion in the city ka photographer.

Before she could finish the introduction Aswin's phone rang, "Sorry Maya baby, I will see you around Mr. Sharma.

Maya watched him go upset and eyes filled with concern. "Aise kabhi nahi hua pehele. Lagtha hai zaruri kaam hai. Arre main tho bul gayi, maine tumhare liye karidhi thi, black forest cake. Kaafi thaki hui lag rahi ho.

"Thank you kaafi bhook lag raha tha. He replied takeing the bag from her, "Main office ja kar kalunga.

"Kyun office ja kar? she asked as the vale brought his jeep, "Main tume kiladungi, wase bhi hum dosth hai na? Tho dosth yeah saab kar sakte hai.

While he was slipping into his driver seat the familiar butterfly in the stomach as she sat down next to him. What really surprised him was her going ahead with her promise and opening the box, feeding him as he drove. At the same time, continuing the monolog regarding the cover story. Finally when she finished both he took the conversation elsewhere, "Aap ke Ashwin ko problem tho nahi hoga?

"Ashwin ke liya aasan hai. Uuse muje drop karne ki zarurath nahi. Actually kya hai na Ashwin ko aaj office main kuch kaam tha. Rolling his eyes he said his usual, "Oauuh that is good for him. Maya muje aap se kuch baath karni thi. Kuch angles the jo muje aacha lagtha tha, lekin vo saab kaafi time bound hai.

"We will work out an appropriate plan. Meeting bula rahi hoon. She added typing away on her phone, "Great aap kithni efficient hai aap, ek idea aathi hai and your ducks are in the row.

The blush that crept across her face made him grip the steering even tighter. Muje ithna bura kyun lag raha hai? Kyun baar baar use chuna chahti hoon? Pushing the thoughts away he directed the conversation away from the thoughts, "Aap ko vo books milgayi?

"Milgayi order dhiya hai. Hopefully kal thak pahonch jayegi. Varna bachon ko book review ke liye padana bahtoh muskil hojayga. she replied rubbing her neck, her hair was moved away exposing her neck a little bit. His eyes lingered on it nearly leaving the road, "ARJUN! OPEN MANHOLE.

The sharp turn he made made her crash into him. The touch sent a burn through his body even if it was for just a minute, "Sorry.

"Dhyan kahaan hai tumhara? she asked as he stopped to catch a breath. Before they could say anything her phone rang, "Yes Riya? Hello Sasha... I am fine how are you. Aah yes we are on the way to the office right now. Can you get Mr. Malkani to look into that? Also ask him to bring Saanj along. All right is there anything I will need to sign? Aah ok - Riya can please fill up ink I don't think I will have enough time for it. Alright can we do this at office? Perfect thank you. I will be around in fifteen minutes thank you Sasha. Thank you Riya.

"Sorry Arjun ek deal ke liye tha. nodding he asked, Sasha, vo desighner ka representative hai na. The one from Milan.

"Yup I need you to sit in with us. she requested, when the face expression changed she looked at him with pleading eyes, "Please Arjun, Sasha kaafi touchy feely types hai. Aur muje baar baar chune ki koshish karthi hai. Agar koi strong, handsome aur smart ladka vahan par hai tho main uske peeche lagana aasan hojayega.

"Main aap ko protect karunga. Dont' sorry kya main saach main strong, handsome aur smart ladka hoon? smiling at his reply she teased, "Strong, handsome aur smart ho. Ladka? I think I am going to need a gender test to prove that.        

"MAYA. she laughed as he pulled over. Asie kya hai aap main jo aap ke tharaf main keencha jaatha hoon.

They were still laughing when the got inside unaware of a girls eyes filling with tears seeing Arjun so preoccupied with his boss. Maya did though, quickly pulling on the mask she smiled, "Mr. Malkani thank you for coming under such short notice. Saanj thank you for making it. Shall we go in for the meeting?

The minute they got inside Maya stiffened up. She was dressed in a simple gray sari with black thread work all over it. Against her plump aged and blunt features it made her seem very approachable. Especially the loose bun her hair was in healed up by a cream bun stick. Her makeup was light except for the light cream lipgloss, eye shadow and thick eye liner. Even the black bindhi she wore matched the pattern perfectly. Her actions though told a different story, "Maaya baby look at you! So big and grown up! So cute.

Grabbing the cheeks she began shaking the poor girl, apart from using a childlike voice. Tears filled in Maya's eyes as, the horrible image of another set of hands, larger doing the same thing leapt onto her mnd. The same terrible voice as he used the same set of words. Her hands began shaking, a point she tried to hide but Arjun noticed it. Gently grabbing her hand and placing another on her shoulder he forcefully' placed her on her seat. "Baito - kuchi kuu baadh main kar sakte hai. Hi Arjun Sharma, photographer, Mr. Malkani this is Mrs. Sasha Restori, she will be representing our client. Mrs. Restori, Mr. Malkani our lawyer aap please yahan baitenge Maya ke pas thank you. She is duskey - I mean Saanj Mathur his junior aur meri best friend. Tu yahaan baito apni boss ke pass aur notes lele. Riya meri jaan zara hato, I want Mrs. Restori all for my self, issi liye aap mere pas baitenge. Ri - sit next to Maya.

Once all of them were seated and Saara two people so Arjun imitated Maya's action picking up the phone, "What can I offer? Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, cool drinks, juice, yaah phir alcohol. Kya hai na humari boss ithni boring meetings chalathi hai ke hum log chai main brandy daal kar aathe hai. Aap try karenge.   

Chuckling the lady asked for some tea everyone said they will have the same except for Maya. While Arjun placed the order, Maya mouthed the words, Thank you.

Neither noticed the burning look the junior lawyer sent them throughout the rest of the meeting. A meeting run more by Arjun till the final handshake. Not once did he turn to Maya for approval and she silently observed everything. Once the lady left she smiles at Mr. Malkani, "Thank you so much for coming over at such short notice.

"Maya ma'am aap mera sabse badi client hai. Kaise nahi aata. he bowed down making a move to go out, "By duffer. Thank you Maya ma'am.

"Actually Saanj office main kuch kaam hai ka? Maya asked, Arjun instantly stepped in, "Hai na, table saaf karna, puja karna aur phir sabse zarur kaam chai banana. Kyun duskey?

Glaring at him she faked smiled at Maya, "Nahi ma'am sir ne kaha meeting ke baadh koi kaam nahi hai.

"Perfect. Kya tum mere saath tiffen kaane chalogi? Actually yahaan par ek jaga hai, simple aur aachi kaana milthi hai. Kya tum mere saath chalogi? she asked, suprised Saanj spluttered for a minute but Arjun took the decision, "Chalegi na, kyun nahi chalegi. Yeah girls night types hai yaa main bhi chalsakta hoon?

"Arjun tum tho aaj ke hero ho. Tumhare liye hi maine Saanj ko invite kiya. So Saanj? she asked again Mr. Malkani pushed the invite furhter saying, "Dhikra tume jaana chahiye, vaise bhi inke saath waqth bhithane se tume seekne ke liye bahoth milega. Main chaltha hoon.

"Thank you Mr. Malkani, so chale? a reluctant Saanj, agreed. Throughout the walk towards the place after saying goodbye to Mr. Malkani a grumpy Saanj observed as Arjun continued laughing to something Maya was saying. "Seriously? Aur phir kya hua?

"Aur kya, kuch nahi bol sakte he, proof tho nahi tha. She shrugged making Arjun again roll over with laughter as they reached the place. It was a small restaurant, with a thatched roof and an open kitchen. Inside were several plastic tables and chairs. A low seating area built around the very border of the inner restaurent. A long lawn around was set with various vegetables in  and fruits in various build ups! People walked around with uniformed workers picking them. A few chefs were working inside the kitchen carefully. As they walked up, Arjun took the chair next to Saanj while Maya sat opposite low wall area near them. Instantly a waiter walked over while! "Main there liye order kartha hoon duskey.            

After a few minutes while Maya dug into her moong daal iddilies and coconut chutney Saanj and Arjun shared the Masala Dosa and carrot mini-paniyaram with pudhina chutney and ginger chutney. "Kya kana hai, lekin aap ko iss jaga ke baare main kaise patha? Kaafi choti lagthi hai.

"It's a friends. was all Maya replied, taking a bite of food before getting strait to the point, "Actually Saanj main tume issiliye bulayi thi kyunki muje tumse kuch baath karni thi. Vahaan par kuch bache law padna chahate hai aur agar unne tumhari thara ek teacher miljathi tho bahto aacha hoga.

Arjun jumped in again, an unknown emotion riding through his body, "Main ne bhi law kiya almost two and a half years ke liye main bhi kar sakta hoon.

"Arjun main tume puchlethi lekin vo students ladkiyaan hai. Aur unke saaath kuch aisa hua jiske vajai se hum unko icolation main rakthe hai. Issiliye Saanj ek better option hogi. We are willing to pay money is not an issue! Saanj who watched the entire conversation felt the weals churning in her brain. Pehele uss Sasha ke liye ek aise reaction dhiya jaise vo koi chudail thi. Phir aab yeaah saab? Kisko impress karne ki koshish kar rahi ho Maya? Muje yaa duffer ko?

"Ma'am muje sochne ke liye thoda sa waqth chahiye. Saanj replied, smileing Maya nodded, "Of Course take your time main details bijwadethi hoon. Waise bhi classes sirf tumhari comfort main hogi.     

Just then someone from behind called, "Aab kaunsi project ke liye recruit kar rahi ho babu?

"Hi Dhaya humari legal personal ke liye. Maya replied to the transgender standing behind her. Much to Saanj suprise Arjun stretched his hand out shaking it with the person, "Hi Dhaya. Yeah hai meri Duskey aur Duskey yeah hai Dhaya retired undercover police. Innike pass vo ladkiyaan hai.

"Oh! Saanj reacted not sure how to respond, Dhaya placed her in ease by folding the hands in a namaste, allowing her to simply repeat it. "Sochle na uske baath boldhena by the way it is undercover for UN baba.

"Sorry baba. Nice sari kya mere liye ek bar aasakte hai? I would love to use you as a model. The transgender laughed, "Don't be silly baba.

"Actually I love it, Durga Puja ke saath kaafi designers jewellery aur salaries promotion karthe hai. We could have an article with the kids for the CSR section. Kids out of focus and you in the front... Actually Arjun I want Dhaya in the front cover. Saanj kya tum ek contract taiyar kar paogi?

"Yes - yes maam. Was all she could manage! Yeah pagal hai ya bas meri duffer ko dhikane ki koshish hai apni aachi ka?

Shakthi-04 thumbnail

Chapter 7 - the para-dime shift 

An angry Vandhana slammed the towel on Aayan screeming, "Suna tumne vo ladki kya karne vaali hai? Mere Arjun se kaisi kaisi kaam karvarahi hai?

The light pink kurtha and white bottom she wore with the white and pink printed duppata tied across her shoulder to her hip loosely. A mark of extensive work, her eyes thought were flaring in anger. Unfortunately for Vaandhana her anger was shot down with Aayans own anger, "Mom aap ho ho kya gaya? Aur tu bhi Duskey tuje kya problem hai Maya se?

Saanj who was leaning over the kitchen counter angry looked at him shocked, "Aayan tune suna nahi vo ladki kiske saath kaam karna chahati hai?

Sighing he snapped at her, "Haan suna tha, aur muje usmain kuch galath nahi lagtha. Tho kya hua agar vo insaan ek transgender hai? Kithni aachi baath hai vo uske apni magazine ki cover ke liye daalna. Aise kithne loog sochthe hai? Tuje na Maya ki aachahi dhikai nahi dhe rahi hai kunki vo bai ko aachi lagthi hai. Hai na?

"Aayan tu kya bol raha hai? Humari Saanj ko us paison se bigdi hui ladki se? Vandhana snapped seeing a teary eyed Saanj. Aayan rubbed his neck with frustration, the light gray cotton shirt with the black jeans... his usual style, "Haan kyunki teen saalon main yeah peheli kaam hai jisko bhai ki kadhar hothi hai. Aap dhonon ka patha hai, teen maheene se bai kithna kaam karne laga hai? Aur haar baar jab vo Maya ko call kartha hai vo ithni aachi se bath karthi hai. Supportive hai issi liye bhai ko vo aachi lagthi hai.

"Aacha? Tume aaj dhekna chahiye tha, vo apni koi prank ki kahani batha rahi thi aur Arjun ko hasa rahi thi. snapped Saanj still angry. A voice suddenly corrected the misunderstanding brewing in the women's mind, "Kyunki vo ek bahoth casual conversation nahi tha, masak masak main muje warn kar rahi thi.

They all turned around, Vandhana paled comparatively to see an angry Arjun standing there, "Arjun -  

"Bass aunty please. Maya ek bahoth aachi ladki hai Duskey, ek aisi ladki jisse saab pyar karthe hai. Snapped Arjun, glaring at her, "Aur vo mere saath nahi saab ke saath aise hi hai. Mazak se bari personal relationship ke saath. Pura waqth vo kithni aachi thara tujse baath ki. Humari dosthi ke baare main kithni aachi baath kar rahi thi. Lekin tume yeah saab kahaan dhikai dhetha hai? Dhiktha hai tho sirf vo jo tu dhekna chahathi hai. Tuje patha hai Duskey, Maya ka koi dosth nahi hai puri zindagi akeli thi lekin jaise company shuru kiya saab ke saath ek aachi si rishtha tho jod gayi hai. Phir bhi vo dosth ka rishta jod nahi pa rahi hai, dhark ko vajay se. Phir bhi ujse baath karna chahathi thi kunki use tumari anndhar ek aachi insaan dhikai dhe raha tha. Agar ek baar uski baath sunthi tho patha chaltha vo tumhari madhath maang rahi thi. Apni kuch jaan-pehechaan ki el bache ke liye, jisko aachi si training ki zarurath padegi. Issi liye vo baar baar hamari dosthi ki baath kar rahi thi, tuje yeah samjane ke un bachon ko ek trainer ki nahi ek dosth ki zarurath hai. Thoda yaadh karlo duskey usne saaf saaf boli thi Saanj tum jaise aachi aur saachi dosth na in bachon ki zindagi main ujala lapayegi. Agar tume in classes ke liye paise chahiye main vo dhedungi lekin please in bachon ke teacher bankar nahi dosth bankar kaam karna. Lekin tu - tu tho bahoth badi sherni ke thara ussi par chillakar aagayi ki use dosthi ki keemath kabhi samaj main nahi aayegi. Vo sirf ek bigidi hui bade baap ki beti hai!

"Duffer? Tu uske liye muje daant raha hai? snapped a hurt Saanj his answer shook her entire world, "Haan kyunki vo jin bachon ke baare main baath kar rahi thi na vo ordinary bache nahi the. Duskey vo ek waqth prostitution main involved the, une thara thara ke red light areas aur human trafficking se bacha kar laaya hai. Maya unke madhath karthi hai, Ek tharaf Dhaya aur une jaise bahoth sare transgenders din raath ek karke kaam karthe hai, anoynimus desighners ko higher karke cattologs banathi hai. Tuje yaadh hai na vohi jo fashion in the city ke saath free main aathi hai, special orders ke ruup main karidh ne ke liye. Vo saab Dhaya aur unke kuch students ki desighns hai, Saari tailoring ka kaam na vo jails main order dhekar karvathi hai. Uppar se aas paas ke kuch karab zameenon ko loan lekar karidthi hai thaki baaki transgenders vahan par greenhouse farming karke paise bana sakte hai. Saab kuch apne aachi si zindagi ke liye nahi, balki in bachon ki bavishya ke liye. Patha hai Duskey us project main Maya ne expets ko nahi balki unlogon ko higher kar dhiya jinko dunya ne tukra dhunya ne tukradhiya. Bahoth kam loog hai uss team main jisko apni talent ke liye approach kiya gaya tha vo bhi sirf aur sirf issiliye kyunki Maya ko laga vo bahoth ache loog hai.

Saanj's eyes flowed down with tears, but the biggest blow was yet to come, "Aur yeah kya baar baar phasane ki koshish karthi hai, aachi dhikane ki koshish karthi hai. Yeahi bolthe rehethe ho na? Saach yeah hai ki kal ek meeting hai, Milan se ek desighner aayi hai jo apni desighns ko humare saath launch karna chahathi hai. Problem yeah hai ki usse saab par line marne ki aadhath hai lekin umar main aunty hai. Usko sambalna thoda mushkil hai phiche baar aayi thi tho ek bechare intern ko bachane ke liye Maya ko vo saab karna pada.

Saanj finally recalled the words Maya said, finally it made complete sense. "Yasni ko apni hathon main koi kabhu nahi hai upar se Cruella ke thara naakuun. Dheki thi phir decide kar dhiya, Rakesh ko bachane ke liye uski jeans pocket ke andhar aur shirt corler ke neeche itching ka solution dal dhiya. Jaise vo apni haath vahaan par lekar gayi hui shuru itching. Aur finally jab maine kaha ke shayadh usko Rakesh se allergy hai kyunki vo pass ke ek slum se aaya tha usne aise bagadhiya bechare ko. Phir pure teen dhin ke liye kisi ko chune se dhuur baar baar apni haathon ko hand sanatisers se saaf kar rahi thi. She was all like, eewuu slum germs so dirty so itchy my soft soft hands. Bahoth maza aaya uss trip par. Iss baar na kuch aur soch rahi huun...

"Vo tume us Yasni se bachkar rehene ke liye bol rahi thi? Saanj asked finally, rolling his eyes Arjun replied, "Bachkar nahi loose aur thick kapde pehnkar aane ke liye bhi bholi thi muje. Aab tere baare main nahi patha lekin main tho ja raha hoon Maya ko dhekne ke liye. 
"Ruk main tumhari saath chalthi hoon. Saanj tagged along waiting as Arjun called Maya to check where she was - but her reply though was disturbing, "Arjun - anything urgent?

"Maya aap ro rahi hai? Kya hua? Kahaan par hai aap? it took a minute for Maya to reply, "A-Arjun m-mai-in hosp-pital m-a-a-ain hu-un. K-eer-thi aach-an-ak kaa-fi s-er-io-us ho-ga-yi hai. D-oc-tor-s a-re t-ry-ing to m-ake her c-om-for-table.

"App kaunsi hospital main hai? asked Arjun she stammered the reply, "Duskey chalo hume City hospital jaana padega. Purab ki beti kaafi serious hai.           

"Kya hua Duffer? she had never seen him so disturbed, "Purab ki beti Keerthi vo kaafi serious hai. Doctors are trying to make her comfortable, she will not make it across the night.

"Scoooty lekchar chalthe hai. Tera chehera ko dhekar nahi lagtha ke tu chalapayega. Saanj drove with great speed and grace to the hospital to find Maya still dressed in the same outfit sitting next to the man Arjun once pointed to be Purab. There was another man next to him dressed in a dark brown kurtha with cream thread work all over it with white pyjamas. Both were holding Purab's hand, as he sobbed, "MAYA! PURAB! Kya kaha doctors hai?

"Doctors ne bol dhiya Arjun, kuch nahi hopayega unhone bale life support ka option dhiya lekin Purab aur Sagar ne mana kar dhiya. Usko aur dharh main dhekne ki himmath nahi hai. Aab doctors dhe rahe hai use medicines jisse aanth main dhardh nahi hogi. Permision bhi dhiya humko uske paas rehene ki.

"Main aap ke saath ruktha huun. Arjun replied when the doctors came out, Maya nodded, "Photos?

"Hai mere laptop main chale? they walked inside the hospital room, unlike most rooms it was filled with a beautiful scenery with fairies, heroes and more. The animals were filled with happy smiles and even few danced around, in the center of that small room attached to several machines lay the girl. Smiling at her Arjun and Maya sat next to her opening the photos of her birthday. Both the men sat at the bedside watching as the girl's eyes filled with happiness slowly closed for ever. All Saanj could do at that moment was watch as the three of them wept for the young girl but what hit her most was the way Arjun was holding Maya. Tender like she was not a woman but a delicate doll. His most prised possession. A deep devotion reflected in his eyes for the sad girl, a kind of love she had seen only when he spoke about only one person, his mother. Aise kya hai tumhare andhar Maya ke tum Arjun ko iss hadh thak apni gulaam banaparahi ho?

Arjuns hands were wound tight around her shoulders, his other hand stroking her hair. The two men were hugging each other and weeping too the girl though was sleeping peacefully or it seemed. A doctor walked up to her and asked, "Excuse me?

"Yes? she asked, "Aap Keerthi ki Maya didi hai?

"Nahi vo andhair hai. Keerthi aur uski papa ke saath. came the reply from Saanj, "Oh I am sorry Keerthi meri patient thi issi liye aap se milne aaye thi. Main formality puri karlungi.

"Doctor aap kaab se Maya ko jaane hai? Asked Saanj the doctor shrugged, "Keerthi hamesha uske baare main bolti thi aur video call karthe the donon. Kai baar chief doctors se puchkar bahar lekar gayi hai. Nuse gayi thi lekin pichle do saal main ek bar bhi mil nahi payi.        

"Maya teen saal se yeah kar rahi hai?Saanj confirmed, the doctor who was filling in the forms replied, "Haan at least vahi maine suna, actually I am one of the junior doctors. Lekin Maya Meherothra ki naam aksar liya gaya hai Keerthi ki treatement ke zariye. I would love to meet her, unki kaafi zyadha ideas kaam aane lage the. Agar aaj Keerthi yahaan thak apni zindagi main aayi thi aur uski thara baaki bache bhi tho sirf Maya ke vajay se. Hum saab aaj unki kaafi saari baathon ko follow karthe hai. Baaki bachon ke liye. Kya vo andhar hai? Ji aap ki thariif?

"Hello doctor I am Maya Meherothra Keerthi ki- the doctor inturupted, "Keerthi ki Maya didi right? Its a please to meet you aap ke baare main ithna suna hai ki yakeen nahi hotha aap se mil paaungi. I just wanted to thank you for your observations and input. Aap ke ideas ne kaafi help kiya humari bachon ko.

Maya gave a feeble smile and holded her hands in a namasthe' saying, "Thank you doctor. Keerthi has spoken highly of you. It was a pleasure meeting you. Formalities?

"I will take care of it. Aap please Keerthi ko lejane ke liye thiyar hojayie. Maya was followed by Arjun her eyes still wet, Arjun's expression said a different story. Grabbing her by the hand he dragged her away from Maya, the doctor and the grieving men, "TU APNI HARKATHON SE BAHAR NAHI AAYEGI NA? KYUN SHAK KAR RAHI HO US BECHARI KO? DHEKO EK BAAR USKI AANKON MAIN TUUT CHUKI HAI DARDH MAIN HAI. KISI KO KUCH NAHI BOLTHI HAI CHEHERE PAR JUUTI MUSKAN CHIPKATHI HAI AUR AAVAZ MAIN JUTI KUSHI KA JANDHA DAAL DHETI HAI. KAMOSHI HAI, LEKIN USKI KAMOSHI BAHOTH BOLNE KI KOSISH KAR RAHI HAI. LEKIN NAHI, TUJSE KUCH SUNA NAHI DHEGA KYUNKI TUJE NA SHAK KE CHASHMA PEHENKAR GUUMNE KI AADHATH HAI.

"Duffer? breathed Saanj again hurting physically and mentally from his grip, "Kya duffer? Tu aise kyun karthi hai? Peheli baar ek aachi boss mili hai jo shayadh aage jakar meri dosth bhi banpayegi. Ek aise insaan jo muje kaam karne ke liye majboori nahi junoon paidha karthi hai. Kai na kai muje ek aacha insaaan banane lagi hai. Tumhare liye saab kuch tumse judi rehena zaruri hai lekin Maya na saab se judi hokar bhi kisi ko uski ehesaas dhikane ki kosish nahi karthi. Shayadh issilie tuje usse ithna problem hai. Please yaar muje aur math uljao zindagi na peheli baar thodi aachi chalne lagi hai. Aisa lag raha hai ki sapnon ke paas jaane ka waqth aagayi hai. Tu muje thang kar kar ke dhimaag garam karvadhiya.

While walking out heartbroken Saanj noticed Maya near a bappa statue. Formality ke liye hi sahi by bol dhethi huun. When she went though she noticed that Maya was not praying but speaking to the diety, "Actually aap na bahoth bure ho. Kithni aachi bachi thi vo. Kithni zindagi ki bari hui thi phir bhi aaap ne usi ko utaliya. Ma ko pehele cheen liya aur aab uss masuum si bachi ko bhi. Ek tharaf parivar main ithna pyar tho aap ne daala lekin cheena kyun? Haan maanthi huun ki unke pyar thodi alag hai lekin hai tho pyar. Aap kaise kar sakthe hai aise unlogon ke saath?       

"Umm... Maya? she turned around to see Saanj quickly wiping her eyes she smiled, "I am sorry thodi upset thi kuch chahiye?

"Nahi bas aap teek ho na? Maya sighed leaning against the wall her head feeling heavy "Kaise teek ho paungi Saanj. Tume patha hai Saanj Keerthi sach main ek anadh hai, aur yeah dhonon jisko tumne andhar dheka na they are lovers. Sagar ki dosth thi, bachpan se air purabb ki bhi banchuki hai. Inko dhekar patha chaltha ke parents bane ke liye rules ki nahi bas pyar ki zarurath hai. Keerthi ki ma ne hi Sagar aur Purab ki rishta ko support kiya, phir unlogon ne ek parvar ke thara rehene lage. Aur unke guzarjaane ke baadh jo loog mama bankar rahe the uski papa bane lage. Apni beti ke thara paap poskar bada kiya lekin teen saal pehele uski bimari ke baare main patha chala. Patha hai Saanj, office main na team par kai saari kahaniyan hai. Meri zindagi main na aachayi ki koj hai ek jeevan saathi ka nahi.   

Guilt filed Saanjs but pushing it away she gently rubbed Maya's tears away. "Aap hai na unlogon ke support bankar rehene ke liye. Saab teek hojayega."