unpredictable dramas of 2017

_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
So I was looking at the articles on Reviewit.pk; they have so far come out with Worst Dramas, Best Dramas and Bingeworthy Dramas  and so I thought okay, there are some shows that I expected to be wow-ed by but wasn't and then other shows I wouldn't have given much thought about but that really surprised me...so instead of terrible and best dramas of 2017, what are some dramas that really surprised or wow-ed you. For better or worse. They turned out to be very unpredictable..

For me; I'd put KNK and YKS on top. 

Both Shows didn't have any actors with massive fan following and From the promos, I deemed them uninteresting but it wasn't about half way in with each show that I fell in love with them. I say Half-way in because sometimes you like a show so much and think its amazing and then around mid-way it loses its focus and plot. KNK had Naveen and Emaad whose Chemistry I liked in SEDBN but in KNK it was powerful. Most importantly, in KNK the script (pre-leap) shined, It didn't follow the typical scenarios at all! 

YKS:  The script and specially the supporting cast! Eventually it became a romantic drama and I wanted to see Zubiya and Asfand ending up together, but it was originally a drama about how people/ characters interact with each other and the good-ness that still exists in the world. Special shout-out to Shaz Khan for playing Daniyal with such conviction.  Pre "this era" Sajal, I lumped in her with Marwa as she always did Bechari characters πŸ˜† despite, multiple people telling me she does well in other roles *apologies* πŸ˜³  But her portrayal in YKS won me over as it showed me she can act without crying constantly. and Ahad; who was known as the guy with the ponytail in Sammi; shined as a actor who knew the idiosyncrasies and charm of Dr. Asfandyaar. 

Beintehaa follows up next, Staring Naveen and Sami; notoriously known to dislike Sami, I fell in love with Sherry πŸ˜† He was weird, random but his love at first sight persona was completely convincing. It did have a lull in the story after Sherry's death, Naveen still held onto the drama and her chemistry with Agha and the post leap script made the show stand strong till the end. 

Muqabil; I was very iffy seeing that it was a sensitive topic and I didn't want the show to approach it indirectly and screw it up. Instead Muqabil was by far the best to approach the topic. Along with being unpredictable, it was fast-paced and realistic. I was completely captivated by the performance of the 3 leads. 

MTNH; With big names like KRQ, Ayeza Khan, and Imran Abbas, The opulence and direction in the promos, I for sure thought this was going to be the biggest hit of 2017. unfortunately the pace of the show was extremely slow for me and seemed to be dragging unnecessarily. So I called quits 4-5 weeks in. 

I'd add Badnaam, Dil Nawaz and a few others, but they haven't progressed enough for me to judge them yet πŸ˜†

Share the shows you found to be most unpredictable 

-Tabs😳
Edited by _Tabs_ - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Tabs_ thumbnail
If anyone wants to view original articles for ideas. 
https://reviewit.pk/worst-dramas-2017/
https://reviewit.pk/2017-dramas-worth-binge-watch/
https://reviewit.pk/best-dramas-2017/
awida thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 7
Wonderful post @Tabs. 
I agree with you on KNK, and Muqabil , can't say about YKS coz I watched only 1/3 of it.πŸ˜†

So here are my picks:

Gari Do Gari: When I saw the promos I didn't know the actresses, thought it will be another dosri biwi story. but watched it for the handsome guy who played Bazil. and it turned out to be a beautiful show indeed.

Hiddat : Promos were misleading. but story was strong with good message, with some interesting twists and turns. It is spoiled only because of Geo's habbit in dragging its serials. but it is worthwatching.

Tumharey Hain: After a not very impressing start this serial got only better, and couldn't imagine the roller coaster emotions which I experienced watching the tow couples (three?!) ..Kamil stole the show, and the writing was mature and quite bold. Till the last episode I couldn't predict the ending. 

Aadhi  Gawahi : After watching the promos I felt like we are going to watch a gr8 revenge story..but not all what glitters is gold!

-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Wonderful post Tabs.

I personally don't watch a lot of shows ( even tho I comment in every thread πŸ˜†) and this year also the only two shpws I watched till end were Kuch Na Kaho,  Sang e Mar Mar and Yakeen Ka Safar. These two top my list too. Then eventually I started some other shows that I couldn't complete due to xyz reasons.

Kuch Na Kaho - 

This one was actually unpredictable. Cuz I actually had zero expectationa from it as I never planned to watch it but somehow ended up seeing some epis in the beginning here n there. Initially it was a normal show for me but then slowly I started to get into the story and started to like the cast. I only liked Navin in the cast at that time but I ended up becoming a fan of the whole cast in the end. The script, direction, pace, dialogues everything had such a flow.. especially those special episodes from 19 - 28 were BOMB ! And it maintained that decency and subtlety until the end.. which was commendable. It was unpredictable cuz I never expected myself to be a KNK fan πŸ˜› 

Yakeen Ka safar -

It was a great pleasure. I actually took interest when Daniyal was about to die to be very honest. And then I read the novel and my interest got higher. And I ended up loving the show lile no other. But the key here was Asfand and Zubiya's chemistry more than anything else AND Daniyal.

Sang e Mar Mar 
This was what you call a SURPRISE package in real sense. I remember I used to HATE this show cuz I had no interest in it.. but one day I saw an epi on TV it was around 13 I guess and it gave me that wish to watch the show from the beginning and it happened and today I find the show out of the league of normal shows. SMM was something completely different and addictive ! Applause to the makers !

Now what was in bad taste, I didn't follow them entirely since they turned out to be bad despite being well promoted n hyped..

Tunhare Hain

Mohabbat Tumse Nafrat Hai

Tau Dil Ka Kiya Hua

Their first episodes were great but they went down the drain in my eyes 
Edited by -RisingAsh- - 6 years ago
_Tabs_ thumbnail
Awida, Completely agree on Aadhi Gawahi; the actual revenge took too long to start. Or rather, was only shown in the last 2-3 episodes. and the supporting cast wasn't too great. infact, they weighed the show down. 
Ash--I forgot SMM was this year πŸ˜† But I seem to think greatly off it from the promos so I had a feeling it was good ( atleast I think so) 

TDKKH? Too many characters?
awida thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Tabs_

Awida, Completely agree on Aadhi Gawahi; the actual revenge took too long to start. Or rather, was only shown in the last 2-3 episodes. and the supporting cast wasn't too great. infact, they weighed the show down. 

Ash--I forgot SMM was this year πŸ˜† But I seem to think greatly off it from the promos so I had a feeling it was good ( atleast I think so) 

TDKKH? Too many characters?

I think we have to deley it to 2018 shows. coz it has a long way before ending.πŸ˜†
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Actually, no. Too many characters are never a problem to me. It's the writing that irks me. Some of Khalil ur Rehman shows are written so 'badly' I'd say that every episode seems stagnant. Episodes pass but you feel like you are watching the same thing again n again.. and dialogues are repititive too. The epis I watched of TDKKH had repititive stuff.. 

I would add Phir Wohi Mohabbat to  the list. It was an ugly show. I loved the first epi but then I have no idea what it turned out to be πŸ˜΅
_Tabs_ thumbnail
Hmm.
I'd Add Badnaam to the list; Ali Kazmi has really wow-ed me and Sanam isn't crying in every scene πŸ˜†

The script is strong. New and the direction is good too. 

Recommend to anyone who wants a new show 
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I too like badnaam. Ali kazmi is not our reg handsome joe but his character has really nice and attractive personality dresses well which makes him a cute to watch.  Me not being a fan of Sanam but I can say she is pretty good in this show so far. Love supporting cast as well. 
awida thumbnail
Laal Ishq. it is highly recomended. It has all the elements of a good and unpredictable story. it just lacks the famous young star cast.