~*~Happy Victory Day ~*~

ar$hi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Today is the Victory Day. On this day, 33 years ago, the nation after a nine-month sanguinary Liberation War, achieved victory from the Pakistani occupation forces at a cost of millions of lives.

On this day in 1971, Bangladesh emerged as a new country in the global map. Following an all-out armed struggle against the occupation army, the 16th day of December 33 winters back witnessed the abominable surrender of the enemy, after being vanquished by the Joint Forces of the valiant Bengalee Freedom Fighters and the Allied Indian Army.

The defeat of the marauding Pakistan Army and their local collaborators and quislings an the hands of the Mukti Bahini proved that a nation, virtually disarmed, could win over a formidable, hostile military machine given their deep commitment to freedom, patriotic spirit and guidance by a strong leadership.

The grateful nation will pay today homage to lakhs of martyrs and its heroes, who brought victory for it, through different commemorative programmes.The national flag will be hoisted atop all public and private buildings across the country as part of the Victory Day celebrations.

~*~*~Let's take a tour to our beloved country~*~*~

Edited by ar$hi - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moumita thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Edited by moumita - 17 years ago
moumita thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

My Bengal of gold, I love you
Forever your skies, your air set my heart in tune
as if it were a flute,
In Spring, Oh mother mine, the fragrance from
your mango-groves makes me wild with joy-
Ah, what a thrill!
In Autumn, Oh mother mine,
in the full-blossomed paddy fields,
I have seen spread all over - sweet smiles!
Ah, what a beauty, what shades, what an affection
and what a tenderness!
What a quilt have you spread at the feet of
banyan trees and along the banks of rivers!
Oh mother mine, words from your lips are like
Nectar to my ears!
Ah, what a thrill!
If sadness, Oh mother mine, casts a gloom on your face,
my eyes are filled with tears!

Symbolism. The most important symbol of national identity is the Bangla language.

The flag is a dark green rectangle with a red circle just left of center. Green

symbolizes the trees and fields of the countryside; red represents the rising sun and

the blood spilled in the 1971 war for liberation. The national anthem was taken

from a poem by Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore and links a love of the

natural realm and land with the national identity.

Bangladesh : A Country of Natural Beauty
A delta in the lap of the Bay of Bengal, Bangladesh is a land of natural beauty. With more than seventy per cent of her population living in villages, her cultural and scenic beauty  is countryside-oriented. Her nature adopts different looks in different seasons giving panoramic natural views.
Dhaka City : Architectures and Sculptures 

Dominated by imperialism in ages, Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh, has now become a place of sculptures and architectures that represent races, ages and above all a common Bangalee culture. Roaming through the city one will find statues in most of the road crossings. Important buildings and places accommodate monuments that remind of historical events or personalities. 

The Bangladesh Liberation War (two other names are also used occasionally) refers to an armed conflict between West Pakistan (now Pakistan) and East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) that lasted for roughly nine months, from 26 March until 16 December 1971.
Lotus

After the Pakistan Army cracked down on the innocent people of the than East Pakistan and committed the most heinous crime by committing a genocide on the night of March 25 1971 the Bangalees stood up as one to defend their freedom and fight for their liberation. On March 27 Ziaur Rahman, a young Major in the Pakistan Army posted in Chittagong volunteered to fight against this injustice and made the announcement of Independence from the Chittagong radio station, on behalf of Bongobondhu Sheik Mujibur Rahman.

Millions of Bangalees began to leave their home after the Pakistan began their reign of terror. Finding no safe harbor within Bangladesh most of them crossed over to India and found refuge in the most unusual places. Most of the young and able bodied ones determined to fight back joined the Mukti Bahini. Thus a rag tag Liberation Force was formed which ultimately turned out to become a disciplined force that jointly with the Indian Army defeated the more superior Pakistan Army.

Palm The support for Bangalees internationally was unprecedented. The news of the Genocide in Bangladesh spread like a wild fire and support for the little brown people came from every corner. As the Mukti Bahini (Liberation Forces) intensified their operations and inflicted more dangerous blows on the Pakistan Army they became desperate and in the early December attacked India. Thus Indian Forces was compelled along with the Bangladesh Liberation Forces to form the 'Allied Force' under the Command of Chief of the Eastern Command Indian Army Lt. Gen. Aurora. The victory was eminent and the Pakistan defense began to crumble one after another. On December16 1971 they surrendered to the "Allied Force". Although before they did so they proved their degeneration by destroying the intellectual human resource that was in occupied Bangladesh. Killing fields were discovered in the nook and corner of Bangladesh were teachers, doctors and civil servants have been blind folded and shot to death in cold blood by Pakistan Army and their bandit of collaborators called Razaker, Al-Badr and Al-shams. Till to-day the nation suffers for the toll that was paid for freedom

sobaike Bijoy Dibosher suvechcha

HAppy VIctory Day to all my IF friends

😃

Edited by moumita - 17 years ago
HayeSiyaapa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awww..happy victory day to all bengalis
CaLiiZ*DiiMe thumbnail
happy victory day guyssss 😛
kiran17 thumbnail
Hapy victory day to all bangladeshies!!! 😃
kothra thumbnail
Happy independence to all bangladesh ppl....
Happy victory day
*xsaher jaanx* thumbnail
happyy victoryy dayy guys 😛
A.S.P.I.R.E thumbnail
Happy Victory Day guys ! 😃
ani11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Happy victory day to everyone in bangladesh 👏 👏