Review: Episode 3 - The Obvious and the Not So Obvious

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
The kidnapping - Hawww. Just when I thought that they would leave this hidden for a while, they decided to go ahead and just reveal it. It was expected that Kabir would do this and I must say he was quite clever about it. It wasn't about threatening anyone or even Aanchal. It was about getting her out of the way so that he could get to the truth and save Ranvir. Kabir doesn't seem like the type who would scare anyone to change their statement, especially given the way he treated Meenu yesterday. And what proves is that he wasn't the one to actually shoot Meenu. That would be too obvious. Yet he's also not one to leave someone so easily. He destroys Aanchal's phone, leaves her stranded far off from the Mumbai coastline, and calls income tax on her. Good move. Aanchal did turn out to be stupid after all.

The motherly hand behind everything - So Kabir isn't working on his own. Somewhere Sarika's brain is also involved. Kabir is smart, but impulsive. Sarika is smart and cunning. Combined the two can really clear any problems that come their way.

The press conference - The Raichands owned it. And I'm impressed! Once again Ranvir let Sarika and Kabir handle Aman and Mrs. Srivastava, while taking a backseat and the two handled the situation well. Honestly it came down to a he says/she says situation and with their power and prestige, the obvious result would be that the Raichands would win. Not only that, but without proof why would anyone believe a middle class family who seem to be money diggers? The problem is that the Raichands know how to play, strategize, and resolve problems, but for Aman and Mrs. Srivastava this was a first. They've never encountered people like the Raichands before and so they would lose out. Kabir played it the smartest, saying exactly what Aanchal had said to him, but in a tone that left no room for argument that it was false. There was also quite a bit of advance planning here. Kabir gave cash, got a receipt, and then left it at that. He didn't try to take the money away or refuse the receipt. Because he was going to use that very cash against Aanchal and family. Well played Mr. Kabir. Well played. What was most noteworthy here is that as Kabir was talking, the whole family was a little tense. It's almost as if they expected Kabir to say too much. The family dynamics here are turning out to be a story of their own. First the belief that Kabir may have been the rapist. Then Sarika being behind the planning with Kabir. And now this.

Brothers - Ranvir and Kabir share a whole different bond. Kabir has no time for bakwas and Ranvir's every word has many meanings behind it. I am loving this bond though. Forget Aabir and Aanvir. Ship these two. ðŸ˜† No but seriously going back to Ranvir's dialogue "Cheenti dikhti kamzor hai par usme haathi ko girani ki takat hoti hai". This almost seems like a foreshadow of sorts. To them Aanchal and her family are ants, and Raichands are elephants. But once these ants up the anti then they can bring even the Raichands down.

Over dramatic Kabir - Kabir loves drama, but damn it's getting too much. Like seriously to prove his innocence he's willing to kill himself? Though it also gave me a chance to understand Kabir more. Kabir is dramatic, flamboyant, spoilt, and impulsive, but he's not a bad guy. I take back what I said earlier. He'll pull the gun out to make a point, but he isn't someone who will kill or hurt someone when fear can work. He isn't your typical kidnapper, murderer, rapist, etc. He's just a possessive guy who loves his brother more than anything and will do anything (within reason) to save his bade. But at the same time, he's misunderstood because of his nature, and by none other than his family. His family is willing to see him as a rapist because of the way he treats people. His bade can accuse him of murder because of the way Kabir reacted. But in reality Kabir is none of these.

The hidden hand - Is Ranvir really the murderer? Is it that simple? Is he trying to deflect the suspicion from him by letting Kabir and Sarika take the center stage? No I don't think so. Ranvir is smart, calculative, and analytical. He wouldn't leave evidence behind. He would have made sure there were no CCTV cameras if he was going to murder Meenu. No, this is a hidden hand. A hidden player. Maybe even a hidden mastermind. It could be Aanchal is working with someone or it could be that even Aanchal doesn't know about this person. Whatever it is, things are not as simple as they seem and that has become evident today.

Other comments - I wanted to comment on one more thing. In my first review I commented on the acting giving Vatsal and Nikita a hit and Zayed a miss rating. But today I want to change that. They are all so-so's. Zayed is strong when it comes to the poker-faced scenes. He's good when it comes to showing the subtle emotions. But there can be more work done on dialogue delivery in certain scenes. Vatsal is good overall, but OTT when it comes to some of the dramatic scenes. He needs to tone it down a bit and the CVs need to tone it down on Kabir's characterization as well. Nikita is so-so all around. Her facial expressions do not change too much, but at the same time she leaves enough of an impression to understand her and the situation. She does need to work on those facial expressions a bit more especially when it comes to the fierce dialogues.
Edited by Athene - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cat. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Athene

The kidnapping - Hawww. Just when I thought that they would leave this hidden for a while, they decided to go ahead and just reveal it. It was expected that Kabir would do this and I must say he was quite clever about it. It wasn't about threatening anyone or even Aanchal. It was about getting her out of the way so that he could get to the truth and save Ranvir. Kabir doesn't seem like the type who would scare anyone to change their statement, especially given the way he treated Meenu yesterday. And what proves is that he wasn't the one to actually shoot Meenu. That would be too obvious. Yet he's also not one to leave someone so easily. He destroys Aanchal's phone, leaves her stranded far off from the Mumbai coastline, and calls income tax on her. Good move. Aanchal did turn out to be stupid after all.

The motherly hand behind everything - So Kabir isn't working on his own. Somewhere Sarika's brain is also involved. Kabir is smart, but impulsive. Sarika is smart and cunning. Combined the two can really clear any problems that come their way.

The press conference - The Raichands owned it. And I'm impressed! Once again Ranvir let Sarika and Kabir handle Aman and Mrs. Srivastava, while taking a backseat and the two handled the situation well. Honestly it came down to a he says/she says situation and with their power and prestige, the obvious result would be that the Raichands would win. Not only that, but without proof why would anyone believe a middle class family who seem to be money diggers? The problem is that the Raichands know how to play, strategize, and resolve problems, but for Aman and Mrs. Srivastava this was a first. They've never encountered people like the Raichands before and so they would lose out. Kabir played it the smartest, saying exactly what Aanchal had said to him, but in a tone that left no room for argument that it was false. There was also quite a bit of advance planning here. Kabir gave cash, got a receipt, and then left it at that. He didn't try to take the money away or refuse the receipt. Because he was going to use that very cash against Aanchal and family. Well played Mr. Kabir. Well played. What was most noteworthy here is that as Kabir was talking, the whole family was a little tense. It's almost as if they expected Kabir to say too much. The family dynamics here are turning out to be a story of their own. First the belief that Kabir may have been the rapist. Then Sarika being behind the planning with Kabir. And now this.

Brothers - Ranvir and Kabir share a whole different bond. Kabir has no time for bakwas and Ranvir's every word has many meanings behind it. I am loving this bond though. Forget Aabir and Aanvir. Ship these two. ðŸ˜† No but seriously going back to Ranvir's dialogue "Cheenti dikhti kamzor hai par usme haathi ko girani ki takat hoti hai". This almost seems like a foreshadow of sorts. To them Aanchal and her family are ants, and Raichands are elephants. But once these ants up the anti then they can bring even the Raichands down.

Over dramatic Kabir - Kabir loves drama, but damn it's getting too much. Like seriously to prove his innocence he's willing to kill himself? Though it also gave me a chance to understand Kabir more. Kabir is dramatic, flamboyant, spoilt, and impulsive, but he's not a bad guy. I take back what I said earlier. He'll pull the gun out to make a point, but he isn't someone who will kill or hurt someone when fear can work. He isn't your typical kidnapper, murderer, rapist, etc. He's just a possessive guy who loves his brother more than anything and will do anything (within reason) to save his bade. But at the same time, he's misunderstood because of his nature, and by none other than his family. His family is willing to see him as a rapist because of the way he treats people. His bade can accuse him of murder because of the way Kabir reacted. But in reality Kabir is none of these.

The hidden hand - Is Ranvir really the murderer? Is it that simple? Is he trying to deflect the suspicion from him by letting Kabir and Sarika take the center stage? No I don't think so. Ranvir is smart, calculative, and analytical. He wouldn't leave evidence behind. He would have made sure there were no CCTV cameras if he was going to murder Meenu. No, this is a hidden hand. A hidden player. Maybe even a hidden mastermind. It could be Aanchal is working with someone or it could be that even Aanchal doesn't know about this person. Whatever it is, things are not as simple as they seem and that has become evident today.

Other comments - I wanted to comment on one more thing. In my first review I commented on the acting giving Vatsal and Nikita a hit and Zayed a miss rating. But today I want to change that. They are all so-so's. Zayed is strong when it comes to the poker-faced scenes. He's good when it comes to showing the subtle emotions. But there can be more work done on dialogue delivery in certain scenes. Vatsal is good overall, but OTT when it comes to some of the dramatic scenes. He needs to tone it down a bit and the CVs need to tone it down on Kabir's characterization as well. Nikita is so-so all around. Her facial expressions do not change too much, but at the same time she leaves enough of an impression to understand her and the situation. She does need to work on those facial expressions a bit more especially when it comes to the fierce dialogues.

Kabir is impulsive, but he is not dumb, he is honed by the same family to whom Sarika and Ranveer belong.And the family is pretty much used to power plays, so they do know how to work their way across the system. The father is a bit unknown entity yet, which is kind of interesting, because we have got insights into pretty much everyone but him including Aanchal's mom and bro.

Sarika is the force behind the family is what it seems right now, though Mr. Raichand's hand is yet to be revealed and I do believe it will come out at some point. Atleast right now it isn't a fair fight between the Srivastavs and the Raichands, though if its a double game, its always a smart move to lull the opposition into believing you are weak. I will wait and watch whether the Srivastavs are what they seem.

Ranveer is definitely not the murderer, its to easy a conclusion but yes there is someone playing the strings, a hidden players or maybe a ruse of Aanchal's. But definitely not the Raichands, it is a easy cop-out. 

Kabir's gun not having any bullets is quite the analogy, if you look at it, we are led to believe he is a "loaded gun" but he is not. Quite interesting.
anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Well as I had said earlier it does look like Kabir is like an open book...there is no pretence...he is impulsive...he acts before he thinks...loves his bade but will not go to the extent of killing or raping someone...coz of his flamboyant , impulsive and arrogant behaviour he is easliy misunderstood and can be stereotyped as a bad boy...but he is simply a brat and not a criminal...at least not so far..let's see how his character will shape...he did say that he can go to any length to get what he wants...as of now he is a spoilt crazy brat who loves his bade.
Ranveer - He is calculative, cold , analytical...he knows what is going around him and he seems to be in control...it will take time to decode him coz so far nothing much has been shown to decode this complex character.
Is he a rapist , a murderer...he has shades...for sure..but is he the main culprit...umm...going by the character he doesn't seem like someone who will leave behind an evidence to prove him guilty...if he turns out to be the culprit then this will make his character pure black not grey.

I am very intrigued by his character! 

Anchal - I think Anchal is genuine in trying to get justice for Meenu...but will she have an ulterior motive later on...something tells me that she will manipulate both bros and will create a rift between them.

Now it looks like there is someone else who is behind the rape and murder...who that could be ? 

Is it Sarika? Is it possible that Ranveer is not her real son and she wants him out of the way...and Ranveer somehow knows this and playing a double game somehow.

Is Mr. Raichand the main culprit? 

Or there is another player whom we are yet to get introduced to.

There are so many questions...i think things will start getting clearer once we will get an idea about the overall plot of the show.

Haasil has managed to grab my attention and I am intrigued ! 
Shaina_b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
To be very honest, Aanchal is very dumb!!!!

How can she hope to go up against the Raichands without any type of strategy??

Also the girl smiled before she was shot which means she knew that guy!!!!

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaina_b

Also the girl smiled before she was shot which means she knew that guy!!!!

Yes I noticed that as well. Meenu smiled almost out of relief it seemed. Like she was finally glad to see someone who would save her. Whoever is behind all this is someone Meenu trusted and may have been paid to act on behalf of.
Ineedindeed thumbnail

Awesome episode 
Flabbgastered,flustered and confused as someone is putting our Aanchal in Mumbai coastline floating on the ocean with a tiny rollercoaster boat. Snatch away the phone and throw it in water so as to buy time to find the real culprit. The motive was clear to get the ngo ladki out of the way. So rules are broken and there is no rules for game. Aanchal is going to get back at Kabir and not going to leave him,does it imply that she might get intrigur with Ranbir to know about something but end result will be Kabir. I'm thinking too much but I love their friendly banter. At the moment I'm sucker for shipping couple so I ship them together. So Kabir by far comes as spoilt brat,impulsive, possessive and passionate about the people whom he love crossing the length and breadth to safeguard his territory. He is man of action but action plan was of his mother.
Meenu Secretary was shot dead but she smiled before her death that means she knew the person. Couldn't be RR since if he has seen his face she should be petrified and run away. Moreover RR won't kill Meenu because he very well know that law would frame him and that won't be an easy escape.

Face off between Srivastav and Raichand. Are Srivastav are playing underdog hiding themself in the mask of righteousness. Anchal very well would have analysed that if she takes money for a NGO she might get framed or does she wants herself  image and reputation to get spoilt so as she would get publicity when the mess is cleaned. Does Srivastav wants to show them as a weakspot not a major player

What intrigue me the family dynamics Sheeba and Ranbir aren't blinded by love. When the rape and Meenu murder case was exposed they both misunderstood its Kabir because of his junoon and flamboyant personality. So Kabir keeps gun without bullet meaning physically he is harmless to anybody but just uses the tactic to scare competitor 

RR speaks less but he is spot on. Every dialogue has a meaning
seems as an ant but do holds a power to burn the king castle. RR is definitely shrewd and quite aware that his brother really loves him. Super calculative,analytical taking a backseat and letting his people do it for him. Rare to see a sugary coated, guy with being goody goody. Sweet talks and fulfilling people needs can help you step further in quest of money,success and power game. I see an amicable and hostile relationship between brother more passion love on Kabirs side and very less on Ranbir side since he is still not open. He uses his employ and people for his own protection by satisfying their demand but he is actually that clean.

Who bailed out Aanchal with an emergency bail?

If the two brothers aren't engaged in Meenu case, they will be behind Aanchal since they seem her to be the link to reach real culprit and understand the big game.

The stages are set and everyday turns up into a new game,I'm really intrigue
_Payalj_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I got the impression that out of the three,  ranveer is the shrewdest and most calculative.  In a nutshell he is a very dangerous guy.  Kabir acts dangerous but is not really,  neither is he very bad or cruel,  at least right now. He is just a spoilt,  smart and  entitled brat. 
Also I don't think aanchal has any hidden agenda as if now.  She seems too idealistic and justice  oriented.

Maybe the brothers,  especially Ranveer will mess her up in some way in the future leading to her becoming  grey?  Because Kabir will always go in for full frontal attack,  it is ranveer capable of giving the worst blow by hitting  below the belt 
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Athene! Once again a great review. My comments are in blue below your headings.

The kidnapping -

The recent promo had made it clear that it was Kabir behind the kidnapping so no surprises there. Why is it that Kabir's loose canon behaviour still has an innocence to it? It's Vatsal and the damned doe eyes he pulls!

The press conference - 

That press conference was a great scene. Sarika and Kabir were doing most of the work yet again with the patriarch providing support. Once again Ranvir sat back. He continues to be an enigma. I did find Ranvir's expressions very compelling. His poker face showed slight emotions in places. Ranvir went from poker face > looks at Sarika when Aanchal's mother says the cops won't do anything for 24 hours > removes shades when accused of the kidnapping > almost feeling bad hearing about the kidnapping > surprised when Aman calls out Sarika for threatening them > finally interest and pride on Kabir's statements. What stood out was that he almost felt bad that Aanchal was kidnapped.

Kabir stole the show first with Aanchal and then at the press conference. He did everything right; the kidnapping to remove Aanchal as an obstacle for a short period of time without hurting her and then using the cash. Now we know why the CVs used such huge amount - it wasn't to show the Raichand's insane wealth but to show their stealth.

There must be many skeletons in the Raichand closet. Their love and respect is superficial but something else is simmering beneath the surface. This situation has started a chain reaction. Kabir is the spoiled brat and his family likely gives him less credit.

Brothers - 

This is an interesting bond indeed. It's not unconditional love. I feel that Kabir somewhere has an internalized resentment towards Ranvir which Aanchal will pick up on and exploit later. Ranvir on the other hand sees Kabir as more of a kid who looks up to his older brother. Ranvir indulges all of Kabir's behaviours and encourages his frenzy. For the big brother, It's okay if Kabir blows up a yacht, kidnaps a woman, rapes a woman or even kills someone. Ranvir will tell him it's okay and then clean up the mess.

Over dramatic Kabir - 

Does he love his brother more than anything? Hmm, maybe he loves him right now or maybe he doesn't. His proclamations of love are so OTT that it comes across forced and fake. It's as if Kabir uses flamboyance and rabidness to hide how he truly feels.

The hidden hand - 

I dunno about the murder. It must be someone from the Raichand family but not the brothers. I don't think Ranvir did it but in the scene with Kabir I saw a menace within Ranvir. His smirk upon thinking that Kabir killed someone was scary. It's as if he was enjoying seeing Kabir go berserk. As if just thinking about Kabir doing deranged acts for him was feeding him sadistic pleasure, like he was reveling in it.

See I told you, they have all been on par acting wise. Vatsal needs to be very careful because he tends to ham in some places. Nikita at times is also off the mark like when she got thrown in jail and was yelling. There was nothing in her voice, it's like she was simply spitting out dialogues she memorized. Zayed for now is fine with the subtle expressions because they are working for his character and the aura of mystique behind him but once we get into the thick of things Zayed will have to buck up and really emote and that will be his test. All three actors suit the requirements of their roles though. Vatsal looks and behaves like a younger brother, Zayed had the commanding voice and stature for the elder, responsible, successful Ranvir and Nikita has the height for a strong woman. Zayed and Vatsal do come across as siblings. I differ on you about Zayed dialogue delivery. Yes he needs to improve but compared to Vatsal I find him better. Vatsal's expressions are better but his dialogue delivery falls flat at times while Zayed's dialogue delivery is better but his expressions are weaker. Zayed should focus on his delivery because his voice texture will make up for his weak spots. Agreed about Nikita's expressions not matching her fierce dialogues at times.

I expected more from both Vatsal and Nikita.  Both of them have done enough work on TV to give good performances but that's not happening. Zayed I can still forgive for the time being because he hasn't worked in years and admitted that TV has been difficult for him especially memorizing dialogues.

3dancelover thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Athene

I expected Kabir to kidnap her, but the flambouyant way he did it wow man, CVs are going lengths, but doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it.  One thing I did notice Kabir did not want to harm Aanchal or seek pure revenge, he just didn't want any hurdles in the way of him bailing his Bade.  One thing is straight, the boy's got swag.  

Sarika I feel like will be one of those aunties you see that spreads gossip and what do you say spills more oil in her fire.  She is not that sanskaari mother who wants to keep her children in the right and help them.  She wants to help them but that doesn't mean they are going to be innocent.  She has no fears in taking risks or villainous acts. 

I really wish Aman and his mother didn't come to the press conference.  I am sick and tired of Indian serials creating a difference between the rich and middle class family.  Like middle class families have dignity, responsibiliy, and a sense of self.  Stop undermining them please! But the scene did reveal a lot.  Ranvir was not conscious to his mother and brother's doings.  Raichands are problem solvers but I don't know if they are the most effective and careful problem solvers.  Kabir again proves himself as smart and flambouyant.  

This had to be my favorite scene.  Forget Aanvir and Aanbir they are my favorite ship.  What is their ship name?? But a foreshadowing I got from the gun scene is that soon or later the brothers will come to oppose each other, may it be a misunderstanding or a girl (hint hint).  

Kabir obviously loves his brother and he sees nothing wrong in flaunting his love.  He is the definition of I would take a bullet for you.  Ranvir loves his brother, yes.  I love how he switched from saying Kabir Kabir to bhai bhai when he put the gun to his head.  But I think RR underestimates Kabir a bit too.  He knows his brother is crazy but he thinks he killed her, but at the same time he was smart enough to figure out Kabir kidnapped Aanchal (it was obvious for us).  Kabir is no murderer, and if he did I think he would have done it in style lol.  The gun being empty I know its symbolism but I am not able to figure out what though yet.  

I don't think its either one of the brothers, also I do not want it to be either one of the brothers.  Meenu smiled when she saw the person which emans a good personal connections.  If it was one of the brothers I would expect a little more emotion because of her state, but no they did not seemed worried in an emotional or personal connection sense.  I might be wrong because they maybe don't feel that emotion or connection because she did not mean much to them.  But, Ranvir and Kabir don't seem like the type to have a fling with the PA.  My doubts is on the father just because the silhouette looked like him but this is a preliminary assumption.  Someone is framing them, but who and why?

i think its just me but I have seen worse acting on television so I can take this.  But yes Vatty needs to be more careful.  Zayed his poker face is working out, but we still have to see other emotions soon.  Nikita I loved her in the first ep, but the next two she hasn't been the show stealer or completely bad.

One question I had: why does everyone think Kabir has some jealousy or resentment to his Bade? Is there something I missed??

Almas. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Meenu faked evrything i guess.. the murderer ordered her to do so..later got rid of her wen she was of no use but a threat to his plan.