Milind Soman is back on TV

currentchaos thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Saturday, December 16, 2006

By Alok Hisaria

Hunky super model turned anchor cum producer Milind Soman is busy with his latest TV production. He reveals all about his show Ghost Bana Dost and his equation with his model turned actor colleagues and ex-girlfriend Bipasha Basu.

Q This is your first comedy series exclusively for children!
I haven't produced any comedy serial as yet. I had a company earlier — E motions pictures, but it's not doing television anymore. We produced our first film Rules — Pyaar Ka Superhit Formula under that banner and next in line is Phir Zindagi. The TV show would be produced under our new banner Face Entertainment. And this serial is going to be our second attempt at fiction after Kahani Shuru — With Love Guru which was being aired on Zee smile.

Q What is so unique about this serial?
For me, the most important thing is the script and the presentation. The characterisation also play an important part. It has really shaped up very well.

Q Do you think this serial will be able to get highTRPs like the saas bahu sagas?
This is something that only the channel can answer. We obviously want to be a hit show and match up to the TRPs of the saas-bahu dramas. But it's a different kind of a show. Not only the kids, but also the whole family can enjoy watching it.

Q Do you believe in ghosts?
Not really. There are some things which we can't perceive with the five senses we have got. We need a sixth sense for that. 

Q Things between Dino Morea and you are supposed to be strained. How was the equation between  both of you on the sets of Bhram?
We have always got along very well. Small differences do occur in life but that doesn't mean that you develop enmity. But Dino and I never had any problem as such.

Q Your equation with John Abraham and Bipasha Basu?
I don't like to dwell on my past. Both John and Bipasha are cordial to me.

Q So are you still in touch with Bipasha?
It's a very small industry and you are always in touch with your colleagues. I am married (to French Japanese beauty Mylene Jampanoi) and she too is happily settled.

Q It's been said that after Milind Soman there wasn't any male model icon!
I have noticed a lot of good male models now too.

Q Your upcoming projects…
Apart from Bhram, there is Salaam India that has a backdrop of cricket.

Q You were also doing an international film!
It's not a Hollywood flick. It's a European co-production, which was shot in India and Japan. It would be releasing after three to four months.

(Sampurn)