MrsAkyurek thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Just finished watching the episode on Hotstar! The show is an exact copy of the Turkish mega hit Ask-i memnu which I didn't like barring the lead actor Beren Saat's impeccable acting performance. That said, I think this one has the potential to become a memorable show if they don't add the typical cliched drama and contrive the plot. Looking forward!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Melkor thumbnail
Hey Jazz!!! 
I saw the episode too.As we knew,it's a remake of Ask-i- Memnu.I didn't enjoy the story of AIM that much either.The only good things were the beautiful sets and Beren's power packed performance.Bihter was an extremely flawed and complex character.Also Beren and Kivanc's chemistry was damn good.

So here we have Ahana.But the question which keeps on nagging me is that will they remain true to the theme of the original story?? According to AIM,Bihter was crazily in love with Behlul and only him.Here SP is promoting Ahana and Anant Mathur through their nayi soch couples Behlul's counterpart was nowhere to be seen in the promos
I am already thinking that SP won't take that extra maritial affair route.I will not judge the show before I watch it further but I am hoping that if they have selected this particular show for a remake then they should stay true to its original theme as well.
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
They have constantly stated that DSJZ will be a bold show, so it's possible that they will go the AIM way with the extra-marital affair. Like you though, I found it interesting how SP promoted it as Anant and Ahana's love story. The promos had been all about them and same with the off-screen segments. I am hoping that they change things and do continue this as Anant and Ahana's story because 1. we don't see this much on Indian telly and 2. Sanjay and Smriti had chemistry in the promos.
MrsAkyurek thumbnail

Originally posted by: --BlackSheep--

Hey Jazz!!! 

I saw the episode too.As we knew,it's a remake of Ask-i- Memnu.I didn't enjoy the story of AIM that much either.The only good things were the beautiful sets and Beren's power packed performance.Bihter was an extremely flawed and complex character.Also Beren and Kivanc's chemistry was damn good.

So here we have Ahana.But the question which keeps on nagging me is that will they remain true to the theme of the original story?? According to AIM,Bihter was crazily in love with Behlul and only him.Here SP is promoting Ahana and Anant Mathur through their nayi soch couples Behlul's counterpart was nowhere to be seen in the promos
I am already thinking that SP won't take that extra maritial affair route.I will not judge the show before I watch it further but I am hoping that if they have selected this particular show for a remake then they should stay true to its original theme as well.

<SPOILERS AHEAD>

Ayeshachim, merhaba🤗🤗🤗

I didn't like Kivanc in AiM AT ALL (but he's changed my mind after watching him in CvG and Kurt Seyit) nor did I see any chemistry between them. It's how Bihter becomes everything she loathes in her mother and how that consumes her being leading to her heartbreaking, unfortunate end. The show really effed up my brain in a not-so-good way and it still surprises me as to how it's so popular 7 years hence and how every year Bihter's death anniversary becomes a trending topic on Twitter.

In today's episode, there's a foreshadowing line from Ahana's sister that she's going to go crazy in her love which all points towards the EMA angle only. They will show the marital rape being one of the major driving forces for Ahana to go through with the affair😕

Is it just me or Smriti's mannerisms are a lot like Beren's? She's good so far! Aashim Gulati looks hot but his smile is weird af😆
Melkor thumbnail

Originally posted by: CaputDraconis

<SPOILERS AHEAD>

Ayeshachim, merhaba🤗🤗🤗

I didn't like Kivanc in AiM AT ALL (but he's changed my mind after watching him in CvG and Kurt Seyit) nor did I see any chemistry between them. It's how Bihter becomes everything she loathes in her mother and how that consumes her being leading to her heartbreaking, unfortunate end. The show really effed up my brain in a not-so-good way and it still surprises me as to how it's so popular 7 years hence and how every year Bihter's death anniversary becomes a trending topic on Twitter.

In today's episode, there's a foreshadowing line from Ahana's sister that she's going to go crazy in her love which all points towards the EMA angle only. They will show the marital rape being one of the major driving forces for Ahana to go through with the affair😕

Is it just me or Smriti's mannerisms are a lot like Beren's? She's good so far! Aashim Gulati looks hot but his smile is weird af😆

Merhaba Canim 🤗🤗🤗
Feels so great to interact with you about a show again.Last time it was Beyhadh 😉😆BTW saw you in EDT forum too.So we have two shows now😉

@bold,Join the club.TBH I found Kivanc to be wooden and nothing more than a pretty face in AiM.😆
But then he improved leaps and bounds in KG and after watching him in CvG and Kurt Seyit Ve Sura,I count him among one of my fav Turk actors.

@purple,That was depressing.Infact not only that but the entire show altogether was.So was the ending.Bihter eventually embarked on a path of self destruction.
I never understood why this show was so popular in the first placeThere was nothing positive apart from the costumes.

@Red,Now that you said it,even I am giving it a thought.Maybe eventually they will take that route only.If the maritial rape is shown then I can never ship Ahana with Ananth.Though I don't think Ananth will force himself on her.He is such a gentleman.

@Blue,I agree.Smriti's mannerisms do remind me of Beren.And she does look gorgeous and acts well too.Aashim Gulati looks hot for sure.Aciting wise he is far better than Kivo was during his AiM days.😆

Edited by --BlackSheep-- - 6 years ago
Supernatural_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Hi everyone,
I havent. seen the turkish show so don't know if its a copy. Its interesting so far. 
MrsAkyurek thumbnail

Merhaba Canim 🤗🤗🤗
Feels so great to interact with you about a show again.Last time it was Beyhadh 😉😆BTW saw you in EDT forum too.So we have two shows now😉

@bold,Join the club.TBH I found Kivanc to be wooden and nothing more than a pretty face in AiM.😆
But then he improved leaps and bounds in KG and after watching him in CvG and Kurt Seyit Ve Sura,I count him among one of my fav Turk actors.

@purple,That was depressing.Infact not only that but the entire show altogether was.So was the ending.Bihter eventually embarked on a path of self destruction.
I never understood why this show was so popular in the first placeThere was nothing positive apart from the costumes.

@Red,Now that you said it,even I am giving it a thought.Maybe eventually they will take that route only.If the maritial rape is shown then I can never ship Ahana with Ananth.Though I don't think Ananth will force himself on her.He is such a gentleman.

@Blue,I agree.Smriti's mannerisms do remind me of Beren.And she does look gorgeous and acts well too.Aashim Gulati looks hot for sure.Aciting wise he is far better than Kivo was during his AiM days.😆

I know right! EDT has both my favorite boys as leads but the supernatural element is such a buzzkill. I'm not sure if I'd stick to it for so long but nevertheless, I sorta liked the pilot but nothing to write home about and that's kinda predictable since it's also conceptualized by Beyhadh makers!

Oh boy Kivanc was not even an eye candy during AiM but his improvement as an actor from his initial days has me shook!👏  IMO, Beren's best paring was with Engin and vice versa❤️ 

Maybe in this show, they will turn Behlul/Rehaan as the obsessive lover going on a mission to separate Aahana-Anant. Let's see how this plays out.
Melkor thumbnail

I know right! EDT has both my favorite boys as leads but the supernatural element is such a buzzkill. I'm not sure if I'd stick to it for so long but nevertheless, I sorta liked the pilot but nothing to write home about and that's kinda predictable since it's also conceptualized by Beyhadh makers!

Oh boy Kivanc was not even an eye candy during AiM but his improvement as an actor from his initial days has me shook!👏  IMO, Beren's best paring was with Engin and vice versa❤️ 

Maybe in this show, they will turn Behlul/Rehaan as the obsessive lover going on a mission to separate Aahana-Anant. Let's see how this plays out.

Agreed.Beren best pairing so far was with Engin and vice versa❤️With Kivanc,it was Tuba and vice versa.
Maybe it's wishful thinking but I would like a series with all 4 of them together in future😉

You have a point.It's possible that Rehaan will turn obsessive in future.Either way this show looks interesting for now.
MrsAkyurek thumbnail

Agreed.Beren best pairing so far was with Engin and vice versa❤️With Kivanc,it was Tuba and vice versa.

Maybe it's wishful thinking but I would like a series with all 4 of them together in future😉

You have a point.It's possible that Rehaan will turn obsessive in future.Either way this show looks interesting for now.

OMG YES PLEASE!! But no production house can afford all 4 of them in one show unless they are aiming to go bankrupt😆 KivoTuba look so MAJESTIC! I like to call them the Golden Ratio couple. They are so gorgeous to look at and the chemistry between them is so effortless! Ay yapim totally effed up CvG man! Such wasted potential. SIGHH.

Edited by CaputDraconis - 6 years ago
sauris thumbnail
Hi,the show looks  quite bold & quite interesting