Prakash Raj questions PM Modi's silence

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago

"Those who killed Gauri may or may not be traced but that apart, there is a huge crowd out there enjoying and celebrating on social media. We all know who they are, what their ideology is. Some of those celebrating this ghastly episode are being followed by none other than Mr Modi himself. This is what worries me, where is our country is headed to?

He went on to say that he was "worried about the PM's silence. Lankesh was murdered near her Bengaluru home on September 5. Raj was a close friend of the journalist and an ardent admirer of her father, P Lankesh.

"I knew Gauri for 30 years. In a sense, we were all children of (P) Lankesh, his ideologies and way of life. I never dreamt that this day would come. We were taught to be honest citizens, who would never seize to raise one's voice. In fact, I don't think anyone voiced their opinion more than P Lankesh himself. This was how we were taught to be. It is astonishing to see where we have come to today,

"When you look at the kind of statements he (Adityanath) makes, you don't understand whether he's a Chief Minister or a priest. He (Adityanath) is a better actor than me. I think I must give out all my five national awards to him.

Clarifying Raj's statement, Muneer Katipalla, the state president of DYFI said, "It was only a satirical comment that Prakash Raj made referring to how Adityanath was trying to act like a Chief Minister.