For Stuffing
Boiled potatoes - 2
Chopped onions - 2
Chopped green chilies 2-3
soaked chana dal 1/2 tbsp
soaked urad dal 1/2 tbsp
roasted peanuts
chopped coriander leaves
Spices including mustard seeds, jeera/cumin seeds, red chili powder, dry mango powder/amchur, dry coriander powder/ dhaniya, turmeric powder and saunf
Oil

DIRECTIONS

Stuffing
Heat oil in a pan, crackle mustard seeds, jeera and green chilies. Now add soaked urad- chana dal and mix well.

Add chopped onions and fry until they turn golden pink in color. Once the onions have changed the color, add boiled mashed potatoes. Now add spices and mix it properly. Add chopped coriander leaves and allow it to cool.

Make small balls out of the mixture and flatten them as a patties and keep aside.

Idli

In a large bowl, add 1 cup of rava, to that add 1 cup of curd ( it is best to use slightly sour curd).
Now add cup of water and mix it well. Bring the batter to idli batter consistency by adding water if required. keep this batter aside. (for 15 minutes)

Now just before preparing idlis add tsp of baking soda and mix well. Grease the idli mould and switch on the steamer or microwave .

Pour 1 tbsp of idli batter into each impression,place the flattened potato stuffing and pour again 1 tbsp idli batter to cover the filling.

stack up all the idli plates and steam for 10-15 mins. (4 minutes in microwave)
Serve hot with chutney.

(right now i am unable to post images as i am a newbie)

Full Video Recipe On my  YouTube Channel The Food Theory (link in signature)