Hema Malini: Alia Bhatt can play the role of Basanti in Sholay

ajaajaa thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Hema Malini has made an immense contribution to the Indian cinema with her exemplary dancing and acting skills. The actor is currently elated as her daughter Esha Deol will soon be embracing motherhood. 

However, according to a leading daily, when Hemaji was asked who amongst the young actors would be able to do justice to her iconic Basanti character, the actor said Alia Bhatt. 

"Alia Bhatt. I did that movie when I was very young. So, if I consider the age factor, it should be someone with a mischevious streak and I think Alia has that in her, Hemaji stated. 

When a leading daily quizzed the legendary actor about Esha's pregnancy, she stated, "If it's a girl, I will teach her Bharatnatyam. If it's a boy, he will have to learn the Georgian dance!" Earlier, when Hema Ji was asked about her reaction when she found out about Esha's pregnancy, she said, "I was waiting for that (Esha's pregnancy) and sensed it was happening but I didn't want to ask. Esha told me when the time comes I will tell you. I said fine, I will wait. But we were always praying for the best to happen so we are very excited about it! My daughter is staying with me and I am looking after her as a mother. We keep talkingaboutkyakarna hai, kaise karna hai..." A few days back, Eshahadhergodhbarai, talking about it, Hema Ji said, "All arrangements have been made. We did a simple traditional godh bharai South Indian style on Sunday at our Juhu bungalow and today's godh bharai ceremony has been organized by Bharat's mother and Esha's mother-in-law at ISKON and will be carried out according to Sindhi rituals. From my side, I have invited Sridevi and Jayaji (Bachchan) because Esha is very fond of Jayaji. Jayaji is like a mother to her and keeps asking about her. They share a very sweet relationship."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I agree with her. From this generation only Alia has that spontaneity to portray Basanti's bubbliness, innocence & liveliness. 👏
priya185 thumbnail
alia is overrated on this forum even parineeti can do basanti
DarkUnicorn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Lol... there are so many good actors in BW that can do Basanti...

Anushka
Parineeti
PC
KKK
Bhumi
Hell... even Sonakshi could do it.

Originally posted by: -MrsJonSnow-

Lol... there are so many good actors in BW that can do Basanti...

Anushka
Parineeti
PC
KKK
Bhumi
Hell... even Sonakshi could do it.

Being good actor isn't the only thing to portray Basanti. 
Ranjali thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Alia is very cute, energetic & lively. At the same time innocent too. Plus she is talented enough to pull of such a role. 
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Naa I don't think so. I think Sonakshi or Kangana could pull it off.
flipfl0p thumbnail
Basanti's role does not demand acting ( or else Hemamalini could not have done it. I don't consider as a great actor. But she had enormous screen presence like Salman, Kajol). 
Basanti was a loud character which demanded heavy screen presence (which was abundant in Hema), which is lacking in Alia. 
Remus.Lupin4 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I can see Vidya nailing the role. Alia would ruin it. She lacks the beauty, charm and grace of Hema Malini. 
KabhiKabhi thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Opinions are free  😆 She can have one and we can agree to disagree so I take the liberty to disagree.