Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Salman to play negative role in Race 3 confirms Ramesh Taurani

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago
Salman Khan to play negative role in Race 3: Ramesh Taurani confirms

4 hours ago11 Commentsby Indicine Team2 min read

Bollywood megastar Salman Khan will play a role with "completely grey shades, Ramesh Taurani, the producer of the soon to be announced Race 3', has confirmed.

"Yes, Salman's character is completely grey in Race 3 and it's an extremely slick, stylish and exciting one something he has not done before. The Race franchise always has grey characters in them we are just continuing with that. Like Saif in Race or Race 2 Ramesh Taurani was quoted as saying.

The extremely popular Race' franchise has fared well at the box office, but none of the films in the series has featured a major box office star in the lead. While the first film featured the likes of Saif Ali Khan, Akshaye Khanna and Anil Kapoor, the second film had John Abraham who replaced Akshaye.

Taurani also confirmed that the film will feature Jacqueline Fernandes as the female lead.

The director duo of Abbas Mustan will be replaced by Remo D'Souza, who has previously directed the successful ABCD' franchise.

Saif Ali Khan has also said that he hasn't been approached for the third film.

"Ramesh ji (Taurani) told me about this last year that he wants to make Race 3 but as a new movie, with a new cast. We spoke about it and I love Ramesh ji. Who better than Salman Khan for this? I wish both of them luck. But I haven't been approached. Saif was quoted as saying.

The film is expected to go on floors next month, after Salman wraps up the final schedule of Tiger Zinda Hai' which is the last release of 2017.

There are also reports that Race 3' is targeting Eid 2018, which should be considered only a rumour, until an official announcement is made.

Industry superstars playing negative roles has worked big-time at the ticket window. When Hrithik Roshan replaced John Abraham in Dhoom 2', the film went on to become the biggest grosser of all time. The result was the same when Aamir Khan replaced Hrithik in Dhoom 3'. All roles were negative, but featured the villains in large-than-life hero' characters.

With the inclusion of the industry's biggest crowd-puller, the third film in the Race' franchise is set to become by far its biggest both in terms of investment as well as box office returns.
Advertisements

Edited by Jupiters_Cock - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IPSO_FACTO thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
" />

Gai bains pani me 😆
snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
race has to be mutlistarrer..hope they cast anothr star ..ajay akshay or someone like john atleast.
maal_u_have thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

While other Khans are experimenting with the different genres and roles, Salman has made a firm decision that he will not play villainous characters in the films.

When asked that whether he'll play a negative character in his upcoming films, Salman replied that, he doesn't want to be a villain. He believes in entertaining the audience. He likes playing a hero, a good man which will stay in audiences mind when they go back home from theaters.

According to him, it is important to play a good character onscreen as he believes that young fans emulate the actions of their screen idols. He jokingly said that, if he cannot play a good man in real life, he can atleast play it onscreen.

Karenina thumbnail
I hope they don't screw it up by casting useless actors that are usually part of Salman movies (barring Nawaz).

Race 1 had Saif, Akshay, and Anil; Bips, Katrina, and Sameera. Race 2 had Saif, John, and Anil; Jacqueline, Deepika, and Amisha.

Going by the same trend, Race 3 should have Salman, Anil, with another solid actor/star; Jacqueline, and a star along the lines of Deepika/Kat alongside another female lead.

It'd be pretty cool if they approached Ranveer Singh as the second lead - in place of Akshay/John. If they're looking for someone who looks Salman's age, Saif would be fine. For the second female lead, I really hope it's a top actress. PC would be ideal, but I doubt they'd approach her or she'd accept it.
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Can't wait to see Salman in Negative Role . He will NAIL it forsure 👍🏼⭐️ . he has that perfect Personality , Charishma and that Particular Swag needed for a negative Role . Like someone said here ..They should choose a perfect Ensemble cast for the film . 

Race 3 to be Salman Khan's first negative role, confirms Ramesh Taurani

Ramesh Taurani confirms that Salman Khan will sport a stylish look in Race 3

Producer Ramesh Taurani has confirmed that Salman Khan's character in Race 3 will have shades of grey and the superstar will be seen in an extremely stylish avatar.

While interacting with a leading publication, Taurani revealed that Khan's character in the film will be as grey as Saif Ali Khan's in Race andRace 2. The producer also confirmed that this would be the first ever negative role for Salman Khan. He said,

Yes Salman's character is completely grey in Race 3 and it's an extremely slick, stylish and exciting one something he has not done before. The Race franchise always has grey characters in them we are just continuing with that. Like Saif (Ali Khan) in Race or Race 2.

In the past, Salman Khan had said that he would never play a negative role in any of his films, however, with him coming on board for Race 3, it would be interesting to know which element in the script made him get on board. The movie, which would also feature Jacqueline Fernandez, is expected to go on the floors in October this year in Mumbai.

After a month long schedule in Mumbai, the team will fly out of the country wherein a major portion of the film will be shot. Apart from the two main leads, producers have approached Amitabh Bachchan to play a pivotal role in the film, however, the actor is yet to take the final call about his involvement in the film.

The movie will be directed by Remo D'Souza who is known for the successful ABCD franchise and is slated to hit the big screen during the Eid 2018 weekend. The official announcement about the complete star-cast is expected to be made soon and sources have revealed that the introductory event will be huge.

The film will see Salman Khan and Jacqueline Fernandez team up for the second time after Kick.

Yes along with Salman as main hero, Big B as senior hero

Hashmi would be interesting ⭐️⭐️⭐️
This content was originally posted by: OJ6.0

Yes along with Salman as main hero, Big B as senior hero

Hashmi would be interesting ⭐️⭐️⭐️

I would Love to see Salman & Emraan together ⭐️ . Even Akshay Khanna will be awesome 👍🏼⭐️. 
unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Salman would totally nail playing a role with gray characteristics. Looking forward to this one. I'm wondering if there's any truth to the Amitabh casting. I think he said that he was approached but hasn't decided yet. I can't imagine who an alternative would be for him though if he declines. I'm guessing it has to be someone in that age range.