Milan 'A Wedding Story' Ch:19 pg 66 New Aug 5 (No PMs)

simikr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Hi folks! I'm back with another story-- 'Milan'. I hope you'll enjoy it and give it the love like you've given my other stories :)

MILAN

(A Wedding Story)

1: Geet

It was a late spring morning in the valley. A thick blanket ofsoft dense fluffy white covered the verdant hills of the Nilgirisforming an illusion that slowly dissipated as the Sun came up, just like apleasant dream that dissolves and fades despite desperate attempts to latch on.

A cool breeze pregnant with moisture blew in through the wide-openwindows of the large villa with the whitewashed stucco walls and red-tilerooftops.

Geet stretched in her bed--long, lazy and limber. It was nice tobe home at last and out of the hot and humid climes of Chennai. And this timeshe was back for good. At least till she could figure out what she was going todo next with her life. For now, she was going to relax, take it easy and getreacquainted with her past.

She got out of bed and ambled over to the window and gazed outat what remained of the beautiful vista that had greeted her every morning foras long as she could remember.

The Serenity Tea Estate was among the oldest and largest inCoonoor. It had been a part of Geet's family, the Bharawaj's, for severaldecades. From what she had been told, in order to escape the furor and violencethat had erupted in the northern territories during the country's partition in1947, her grandfather had relocated to the south where the situation was muchcalmer. After procuring the tea plantation, he had invested his entire wealthin it and nurtured it with great love. It had prospered, producing some of thefinest tea in the land, and at the same time provided livelihood to the severalfamilies who worked on it.

But times were changing. The nouveau riche that the country wasbreeding in plenty, wanted to seize everything in sight and convert it intoresidential and commercial real estate. Many of their neighbors had succumbedto the temptation. They had sold their properties at premium prices and movedaway, leading to a profusion of brand new construction that obstructed Geet'sview.

Geet's father, Jai Bharadwaj, was among the few remaining proudand stubborn plantation owners who had resisted. But the pressure was mounting.Production was down. Several workers had quit for greener pastures. The houseand land were mortgaged up to the hilt, forcing him to sell a few hectares inorder to break even last year. Geet knew that it was just a matter of timebefore their home wouldn't be theirs anymore. She wished she could help but hadno clue how.

She sighed and turned away from the window, "I'll worry about itlater. Right now what I need is some garama garam chai!"

Pulling her shawl snugly around her shoulders, Geet ran along along open corridor and burst into the large living area startling her motherKiran, who at the time happened to be deeply engrossed in the painstaking taskof shelling peas.

A steel bowl dropped to the floor with a loud clatter.Fortunately it was empty.

"Geet!" Kiran exclaimed.

"Sorry ma! I just couldn't wait to wish you a very good morning!" Her daughter said, throwing her arms around her shoulders.

"It's alright beta." Kiran capitulated with an indulgentsmile. They had played this game ever since Geet had been in elementary school.Now she was a young woman of twenty four. But habits die hard. She smacked herdaughter's hand away as it sneaked towards the peas.

"Aww!"

"I see that affection continues to flourish between mother anddaughter. But what about me? I feel utterly left out."

Geet looked up. She hadn't noticed her father. He was standingnear the main door, dressed up and ready to leave for work as usual, sharp ateight o' clock.

"Papaji!" She exclaimed and rushed to embrace his heftyframe that remained straight and strong despite the hard years he had endured.Only his face betrayed signs of wear and tear.

He kissed the top of her forehead and stroked her cheek gently,"You have grown so big and so fast. Time just seems to have melted away. I wishI could ask it to stop, but I can't." He exchanged a knowing glance with hiswife. "I must go now. I have a lot of work to do." He said then turned abruptlyand walked out.

"What happened to him ma?  Something I should know aboutthat you've been keeping from me?"

Kiran avoided her daughter's probing gaze, "Nothing much. First goand get your chai. We need to talk."

tbc

PS:  Please click like and comment :)

My other stories-

An Incurable Insanity: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4744606

Now and Forever (sequel of AII):http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4896825

The Accidental Wife: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4772908

INDEX

Chap 1: Pg 1 (see above)

Chap 2: pg 3

chap 3:pg 6

Chap 4:pg 10

chap 5:pg 13

Chap 6: pg 16

Chap 7: 19

Chap 8: 36

Chap 9: 37

Chap10:39

Chap 11:42

Chap 12:45

Chap 13:47

chap 14: 50

chap 15: 53

chap 16: 56

chap 17: 59

chap 18: 62

chap 19: 66

Check out my website and blog: https://simikrao.com/blog/

simikr2019-04-13 23:25:11

Edited by simikr - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

giaa5678 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
congrats for d new story
excited for more
Gurveen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Fantastic concept
I think Geet's family is planning her wedding
Update soon please
Khushibloom thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Congrats for new story dear.
Khushibloom thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Nice concept
Continue soon 😊
khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
congrats on a new story~! lovely update! Geet's dad behaves weird n she is surprised! seems like her marriage has been fixed.
Doracake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Am I dreaming or what ?
New story ??

Fantastic start 

Cant wait to read the next update 
aparna3011 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
congrats for new story
nice concept