What a huge expectation I did have for PB. Sigh, PB is ending!!!

Quantum-Dot thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Such a huge expectation have developed after I had watched the first two episodes of PB and I totally felt yes this is the show which I was craving for long seeing the uniqueness of this historical and no doubt it had proved the same during the course of time...Be it Shahuji jr and Aurangzeb orTararani and Shivaraje or Balaji family, all the tracks have been divided so beautifully in the episodes that I always wonder how can a show be so perfect and well made with such great actors. But the butchering of Kashi's character from her entry on the very first day dig its own grave for future. Even the leap couldn't give a fresh built up of the character. And the sudden vanish of few characters from the show made it more worse (Tararani, Shivaraje, Chandrasen, fake Dhanaji-unsolved case) plus the death of few important characters. And the untimely entry of Mastani and gradually shifting its focus from PB to eternal love saga of Bajirao Mastani-all contribute to its downfall. And now after seeing the IG posts of the cast that the last day of shoot had been done today forcing me to remember those glorious days of PB, sigh it is ending. But I had thought of so many things they would show post leap, but their rush to Bundelkhand and Mastani story ruined the show and thus its untimely ending. I so wish that they might lengthened the preleap with those good actors and storyline. For every historicals I had watched earlier, I always believe that the actors after leap considered for the role are not well apt and thus I left watching those shows midway due to this and the same butchering of history, but for PB, the choice of post leap actors are more or less good but the screwed up storyline close to the leap and after that with the major butchering of character have ruined everything. And even if the show won't end, my interst for this show has totally gone watching such crap showing in it for quite sometime and thus my irregularity would persist. Edited by Planck - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago
Its really sad that the show is ending so soon. I am feeling sorry not just for the post leap actors but pre leap actors too. They have the huge responsibility of carrying the show on their shoulders and most of the times historicals start off with the childhood phase. Majority of the times, the child actor is relatively new to the industry and for them to win the audience's heart is a huge thing. They are responsible for building the connect with the audience and once they leave, the new set of actors need to carry forward the legacy. The pre leap phase of PB was the best in historical shows I have seen so far. It had the perfect cast - each and every actor fit the role like a glove, be it the main cast or supporting cast. However small the role was, the character had a significant role to play and the story was tightly bound. There weren't any loop holes. Well not much. And PB was never famous for its TRPs. If TRPs mattered that much, then why didn't the makers handle the script with haste then? One good thing about PB was that the childhood phase was not stretched unlike in other shows. Weird part of these shows is that the childhood phase is the longest though we don't have much historical evidence to build a story but when it comes to leap, where we are bound to have good material, the story is weak. Why can't the makers realise that if audience love the political angle before the leap, they will look forward to it post the leap as well? Why do makers want to showcase a love saga or saas bahu saga? And most of us here (including me) were disheartened with Kashi's portrayal. I know you feel that Kashi was shown in a bad light from the start. But here I would disagree. Kashi was certainly snobbish but we should not forget that she was raised in luxury unlike Baji who had a very humble upbringing and he knew the meaning of hardships. Kashi was the same girl who was considerate towards Radhabai when she was pregnant and I guess this was before Balaji became a Peshwa. She was raised to be poised and appear delicate always and that's the reason she never liked Baji or Bhiu much coz of their rough ways. But she had a kind heart hidden behind that snobbish attitude. After marriage it took her a while to accept the warrior's ways of life but towards the end of the pre leap phase she came to terms with it. I still remember that epi. Kashi and Baji had begun to bond so well. And Kashi too accepted the situation in a mature manner. Then comes the leap. The Kashi in the last epi had disappeared. She was still being childish, to an extent that Anubai who was born after she married Baji was more mature than her. She was shallow enough to question Baji's decision to forgive his dying father and insensitive enough to barge into another couple's room without realising she was disturbing their privacy just to crib about her s** life. Really now? And after the consummation happened, she got over Baji too. All she cared about was being a peshwanbai. And then comes Mastani. She was not even needed at this stage but yet makers forced her on us. I agree Kashi's poor portrayal was one of the reasons but instead of focusing their energies on trying to show Kashi as a vamp and Mastani as a victim, they could have focused on portraying Bajirao's political conquests. They could have given 80% screenspace to the politics and in the remaining 20% they could have shown a mature story on his personal life. Given how Baji and Kashi track ended in pre leap, they could have shown a loving bond between them rather than showing Baji act as a stranger towards her. They could have spent a month or two in setting up the track to showcase his journey as a Peshwa and then they could have brought in Mastani in the 2nd leap and given her some screenspace. They could handled this track maturely rather than show Bajirao getting attracted to her coz he felt no love for Kashi. This triangle could have been portrayed in a beautiful manner highlighting the complexities and intricacies of a forbidden love without degrading any character. Another problem is post leap they don't give any importance to supporting cast and by supporting cast I don't mean immediate family of the lead but other characters who contribute to the story. One reason could be the cost. The amount of money paid to the lead grown up actors is three folds the amount paid to child actors and its easy to manage the expenses pre leap and utilize that money elsewhere. Post leap they want to cash in on love saga but historicals are not the same as saas bahu sagas and wish makers could realise this simple fact. Previously when Baji as a kid returned home victorious he was surrounded by a huge crowd but once he became a peshwa this crowd became thin which certainly looks weird. U no longer have guest appearances that contribute to the story. U get to see the same set of faces all the time but how can a story revolve around 2-3 people esp a historical? Its not just coz of Kashi or Mastani the show is ending. But its the poor handling of the script that has led to the downfall.