Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Has the industry been unfair to Shakti Kapoor?

Posted: 6 years ago
Ive started seeing some of his movies from the 80s and it seems the dude is everywhere -- he is practically in every role be it villain, comedian or something else. I know he has been caught in the casting couch scandal but who hasnt? Is he the only bad guy in Bollywood? Does his one act of indescretion between consenting adults wipe away all years of his hard work in the industry where nobody even speaks his name anymore? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IPSO_FACTO thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
With shradha getting more than her share from Bollywood, i think it's evened out. :P

Bollywood has been unfair towards Kadar Khan.
This content was originally posted by: Xx..Anjali..xX

With shradha getting more than her share from Bollywood, i think it's evened out. :P

Bollywood has been unfair towards Kadar Khan.

Ironically the movies that I did saw also had Kadar Khan in them. Totally agree these two deserve bigger appreciation ðŸ˜†
I think after Big B and even Rishi Kapoor to an extent became successful in father/uncle roles alot of the character actors were sadly made unimportant . Only Paresh Rawal really survived but thats cause he is awesome 😳
IPSO_FACTO thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: TheBoss

Ironically the movies that I did saw also had Kadar Khan in them. Totally agree these two deserve bigger appreciation😆

Yes, in a comedy show I guess Ranjeet said that when Shakti's kid in school was asked who his father's father was, he said Kadar Khan because of the number of movies they did playing such role. 😆
Kadar Khan was totally sidelined when his health deterioratedand he mentioned how the industry ignored him in his time of need and now sadly the man has lost his memory.Edited by Xx..Anjali..xX - 6 years ago
Nikhil718 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
What's has he got left to prove in this industry? This man has done everything e.g. Villain, Comedy, Father role, Drama and ect. He's established himself has one of the best supporting actors in this industry. Same goes for Kader Khan as well.

At the end of the day, his legacy lives on and will be remembered for his iconic characters and great dialogues.

Still loved this man in Baap Numbari Beta Dus Numbri, Raja Babu, Judwaa, Muqabla, Hero, Rocky, Laadla, Aag, Andaz Apna Apna, Aatish: Feel the Fire & Himattwala (Original version)

That's greatness right there for this actor.
dabang4life thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Shakti kapoor
Kader khan
Anupam kher
Paresh rawel
Om puri

They don't get enough credit... for the great work they have done over the years..

I was gona put nasrudin shah in that list but I realized that he did a few movies as lead actor..
IPSO_FACTO thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: dabang4life

Shakti kapoor
Kader khan
Anupam kher
Paresh rawel
Om puri

They don't get enough credit... for the great work they have done over the years..

I was gona put nasrudin shah in that list but I realized that he did a few movies as lead actor..

In a talk show,Om Puri mentioned that when Shabana Azmi saw their(his with Naseeruddin) picture. She exclaimed that she has never seen such bad looking people in a single photo. Looks play a major role for getting a movie as lead.
dabang4life thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Xx..Anjali..xX

In a talk show,Om Puri mentioned that when Shabana Azmi saw their(his with Naseeruddin) picture. She exclaimed that she has never seen such bad looking people in a single photo. Looks play a major role for getting a movie as lead.

Agreed.. naseer and a few others.. faced that issue.. in 80s and 90s..

Even now I look at rajkumar yadev.. what a great actor he is.. meanwhile fawad khan.. sneezes and ppl (primarily chicks) think he is a legend.. smh