Dev: Episode 3 (Review)

shoppingfreak1 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
Finally completed writing it-
Geeta Banerjee's murder case.
When you have a detective in hand, how can you not have a murder case to solve!
By the way, show flowed really smoothly today with almost no glitches.
I see people happy with the case being solved in just one episode but it was the biggest turn off for me because now I've nothing to keep thinking about on Sunday. I really like cases being left on a cliffhanger, but alas, I don't have any case to crack right now. Makes me upset.
Anyway, coming to the positives, loved the overall case story. It wasn't one of those common friend or neighbour involving murder case and thank God, it wasn't.
I really appreciate the team for going out of their way and shooting on real locations because when you're in Mumbai, it's really difficult to do that. Hats off guys.
From now onwards, I have also started noticing Dev's quirks a lot more than I used to and it's so amusing to see him do that. Making up all those different quirks take time and work, I really appreciate it.
The moment where Dev does that perfect trust fall into the water is just so amazing!
It's not at all easy to do that but he made it look like a child's play! All those underwater scenes would have taken a lot of effort by the team but it was all worth it because of the perfect shot and execution.
Also the part where Dev is thrown inside a lock up was the highlight of the show!
The way it was performed, gave me literal goosebumps. It showed how dedicated Dev is to his work and how agitated he becomes when he can't find the right clue.
The aggression, confusion and irritation was so well packed into that scene.
Talking about those super-short shorts with those quirky prints never fail to make me laugh. Absolutely love them.
Zohra Appa and Dev's relationship is very sweet to see. On one hand they'll be fighting, while on the other they'll be helping and taking care of each other. Totally loved the way how Zohra Appa even helped Dev out in his case.
Here, Meera. She's back into Dev's life and is already helping him out in his work. It also looks like she's the only way Dev can get information out of Narvekar. After all, they were college friends. The fun is gonna shoot up from the next episode when Dev and Meera will start sharing the same house. Because not only Meera, but also her son will be moving in too! And as we all know- where there are kids, there is lots of drama. Looking forward to the household drama to unfold.
Whenever Dev and Meera get too close by chance, why do they show it the way they do it with a romantic couple? Are there any chances of them getting together? We'll have to wait to know. Sigh.
Here, Inspector Amod Narvekar is mostly expresing about his mental woes in Marathi which does sound good but goes straight over my brain like a bouncer.
And why do I feel that Narvekar and Burman were really close to each other back in the past? Their knowledge and respect for each other gives me clues about that. But you never know how it may turn out.
I saw Narvekar's sweet side for the first time. Thanks to his meeting with his old college friend.
I love the way how Narvekar at first rejects whatever Dev says but finally accepts them after the realisation occurs to him.
Dev and Mahek, the romantic aspects to the show. Got to see a bit of their lovely lovestory too. Seems like Dev was involved in some kind of security work back then and Mahek was a news reporter.
Their little romantic fall was so beautiful, just as much needed. For Dev, it looked like a love at first sight.
By the way, the old Dev looks way more handsome than this unkempt present one.
Also those funny 'This person is not allowed' posters made me crack up so bad.
I missed my darling Madhubala a lot in this episode. Hope she's back tomorrow.
Looking forward to the next episode.

-By Prathama 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Amanat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Best part- This person is not allowed ๐Ÿคฃ
Still he managed to make his way through the building & collect evidences which obviously Narvekar overlooked. I guess Narvekar is jealous of Dev's intellectual capabilities ๐Ÿ˜†, that's why he always stops him from intervening.
preity_d thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I dunno I am liking Meera-Dev... !!! Aashish is love, hot ! He is literally adding the extra quirks in Dev  ! โค๏ธ 
shoppingfreak1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Amanat.

Best part- This person is not allowed ๐Ÿคฃ
Still he managed to make his way through the building & collect evidences which obviously Narvekar overlooked. I guess Narvekar is jealous of Dev's intellectual capabilities ๐Ÿ˜†, that's why he always stops him from intervening.

Arreyy seriously!๐Ÿ˜† Those posters had me ROFL.
I guess that too. After all, he's just an inspector while he's a detective. He's bound to be better lol. Dev's dialogues and quirks are so funny at times๐Ÿ˜†
shoppingfreak1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: preity_d

I dunno I am liking Meera-Dev... !!! Aashish is love, hot ! He is literally adding the extra quirks in Dev  ! โค๏ธ 

Even I like them but don't know if I would like them as a romantic couple in the show. I still have my doubts on them. Ashish provides perfection in all aspects to the character. Totally love him.๐Ÿ˜ณ
crystalmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: preity_d

I am excited about them toooโค๏ธ
he is cranky she is cute 
๐Ÿ˜ณ
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: shoppingfreak1

I see people happy with the case being solved in just one episode but it was the biggest turn off for me because now I've nothing to keep thinking about on Sunday. I really like cases being left on a cliffhanger, but alas, I don't have any case to crack right now. Makes me upset. I wasn't happy either but I can understand why they did it. Last week it was about introducing Dev and his little thoughts, but now we know what to expect so they can move faster.

Anyway, coming to the positives, loved the overall case story. It wasn't one of those common friend or neighbour involving murder case and thank God, it wasn't. The watchman was the last person I would have suspected. I thought it was the parents even for a second. I like that because up to now in most detective shows I've been able to guess who the murderer is maximum halfway through the episode. But here you can't guess even until the end.

From now onwards, I have also started noticing Dev's quirks a lot more than I used to and it's so amusing to see him do that. Making up all those different quirks take time and work, I really appreciate it. What I love is how Ashish is portraying them perfectly. It's like he's taken on this character and just become Dev now.

The moment where Dev does that perfect trust fall into the water is just so amazing! I had to watch that so many times because it was just perfect. Ashish was splendid!

Also the part where Dev is thrown inside a lock up was the highlight of the show!
The way it was performed, gave me literal goosebumps. It showed how dedicated Dev is to his work and how agitated he becomes when he can't find the right clue.
The aggression, confusion and irritation was so well packed into that scene.
I was so angry at Narvekar throughout this scene, but Dev's angst and dedication and then just making the best of the situation to solve the case was great.

Talking about those super-short shorts with those quirky prints never fail to make me laugh. Absolutely love them. Lol I want some. The last time I wanted male clothes was when Harshad Chopra was in Dil Se Di Dua and he wore those checkered shirts. ๐Ÿ˜†

I saw Narvekar's sweet side for the first time. Thanks to his meeting with his old college friend. I swear it almost looked like he has a crush on Meera. ๐Ÿ˜†

By the way, the old Dev looks way more handsome than this unkempt present one. But then again it does match the past and present. Dev today is just unkempt in general. He doesn't care about his appearance or how dirty his house is or anything. But in the past he did.

chahat4u thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hi there Prats, how r u? (I know u must be more than awesome.  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I bet Ashu se chat ka nasha abhi nahi utara hoga ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) I think all of us wait for your Episode review threads๐Ÿ˜ƒ besides its good to see some forum activity. 
Love ur reviews. I have already read it. Loved it and you know I agree with most of it. Just one suggestion, when u tag Ashu in ur review posts. Maybe u can some times give link of these review thread too with it. That way, if he has time, he can read more reviews. Chances are he wil certainly read ur review though. :D And I am soo happy for that. :-* 
MagicalMadness thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Lol I love this show and ashish in those boxers is cracking me up ๐Ÿคฃ   

Lol his one liners are awesome and those expressions omg ๐Ÿ˜†
shoppingfreak1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MagicalMadness

Lol I love this show and ashish in those boxers is cracking me up ๐Ÿคฃ   

Lol his one liners are awesome and those expressions omg ๐Ÿ˜†

Lol he cracks me up every time tooo๐Ÿคฃ