Dev: Episode 2 (Review)

shoppingfreak1 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
With the second episode coming to an end- Here's the review.
As Aanya is back with her parents, safe and sound, it is now time to review the second episode.
The second episode was better than the first one because it moved faster, had the characters revealing themselves and also because it held the climax of the two-day story.
In the first half of the episode, the show very well managed to keep the suspense intact, which was great. Also, the way story was spiced up with a few twists was good to watch.
Dev's smoothness in doing his job is just so soothing to see. He doesn't falter in saying or doing anything. His character is well built in all aspects.
Meera Devi's entry to the show in a 'tantrik' avataar was quite unexpected but not bad at all. It added to the humour part of the episode and helped lighten up the mood. Meera looked like a fun character and I am really looking forward to see her in the show.
Inspector Narvekar and his traditional Indian investigation gets him nowhere further in the case but the way he accepts the accomplishments of Dev as his own is just so funny and irritating! He'll then also go onto repeating the exact same lines to Dev, to which he never responds. Seems like Dev's heard it way too many times to even pay attention to him. But both the guys still act respectfully to each other.
That little scene of Dev with his Mahek in their bedroom was justified. But the one where he's watering the flowers on her grave make no sense to me. It was just like some random scene popped out of nowhere with absolute no connection with the ongoing scenes.
Dev didn't like kids, that's what the first episode said to us. But Dev certainly cares for kids and that's what the end of the second episode told me. Just look at that smile he gives to Aanya and that's it. You now know that he cares for kids.
Also, the retro songs which are played in the background at times sound great. I like it.
My main interest part is Dev's past life and I'm so interested in knowing it with all my heart and soul. The biggest question running through my mind right now is why Inspector Narvekar so interested with Dev and his wife? What connection did he have with them? And also how does he know that he killed Mahek?
One more thing- There's a part in the end of the episode where Dev called Aanya as Mr. Awasthi's 'poti' but she was actually his 'naatin'. Wrong word usage.
The volume of the background music was in control today which made me quite happy.
Waiting for the next case to be taken up now. Until then, signing off.

By Prathama 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
I loved the way the story developed and Inspector Narvekar tried to take over the case, but failed.

Meera is hilarious. She's the humour element of the show.

Dev's smooth dealing with the kidnapper was splendid. And the way he solved the case was a great investigation.

I got irritated when Narvekar took the credit for arresting one of the kidnappers, though that was bound to happen. Dev just wants to solve the case, not hog the limelight. His work speaks for itself.

Dev's hesitation to shoot and his flashback. Ashish did that scene amazingly!

Dev pretends to hate kids, but his scene with Anya was cute and lovely. He really has a way with kids.

I do have an issue with the dubbing. There are several points where the dubbing runs ahead of the actual scene. Like in the beginning when Dev told Mr. Awasthi to put his ego aside, his mouth was moving slower than the dubbing.

The background music is still too loud. They need to get rid of it at certain points or really turn it down more. It messes up the scenes.

I really want to know Dev's background story! He seems to love Mehak a lot yet he killed her. It doesn't make sense. And I didn't like how Mehak questions him, but then again she's a figment of his imagination so she'll probably say what he thinks.

I liked your review. Just felt like adding my two cents as well.
velvetscarf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
I really enjoyed this show
Dev himself is very well etched. I like to see the character development showing up. It was well acted too.
Was I the only one who adored the kitten & the way he played with her/him? What a naughty kitty with her head in the noodle pan!
Meera is also v interesting - did you notice when he's throwing things around in her flat they come face to face for a moment and both pause & feel awkward? very nicely done
Narwekar is irritating in parts but I can see this could be a complex relationship too.
The mystery of Mahek - shot accidentally or what - to me its still very unclear what happened I can only speculate
shoppingfreak1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Athene

I loved the way the story developed and Inspector Narvekar tried to take over the case, but failed.

Meera is hilarious. She's the humour element of the show.

Dev's smooth dealing with the kidnapper was splendid. And the way he solved the case was a great investigation.

I got irritated when Narvekar took the credit for arresting one of the kidnappers, though that was bound to happen. Dev just wants to solve the case, not hog the limelight. His work speaks for itself.

Dev's hesitation to shoot and his flashback. Ashish did that scene amazingly!

Dev pretends to hate kids, but his scene with Anya was cute and lovely. He really has a way with kids.

I do have an issue with the dubbing. There are several points where the dubbing runs ahead of the actual scene. Like in the beginning when Dev told Mr. Awasthi to put his ego aside, his mouth was moving slower than the dubbing.

The background music is still too loud. They need to get rid of it at certain points or really turn it down more. It messes up the scenes.

I really want to know Dev's background story! He seems to love Mehak a lot yet he killed her. It doesn't make sense. And I didn't like how Mehak questions him, but then again she's a figment of his imagination so she'll probably say what he thinks.

I liked your review. Just felt like adding my two cents as well.

Meera is gonna be an entertainment package and the way Dev and Meera's first meet turned out, I am excited for more from them.
I JUST SO LOVE DEV!! I JUST LOVE HIS CHARACTER!
Exactly.. Dev is just focused on his work. Others things don't matter to him.
I would agree! That hesitation to shoot was so well portrayed by him. Such a mixture of emotions came over Dev.
Those last scenes were the best part of the episode!
I guess I'll have to rewatch to notice that because I didn't.
Hmm.. but the background music was still better than the first episode. In the first one, I couldn't even hear the dialogues at some point.
I don't even think that Mehak's dead. Cause Puja who plays Mehak has said it multiple times in the interviews that we would have to watch the show to know if Dev's wife is really dead or not. But the thing is.. if she's not dead, then where is she!?
Thank you. Loved your round up so much!😃

shoppingfreak1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: velvetscarf

I really enjoyed this show
Dev himself is very well etched. I like to see the character development showing up. It was well acted too.
Was I the only one who adored the kitten & the way he played with her/him? What a naughty kitty with her head in the noodle pan!
Meera is also v interesting - did you notice when he's throwing things around in her flat they come face to face for a moment and both pause & feel awkward? very nicely done
Narwekar is irritating in parts but I can see this could be a complex relationship too.
The mystery of Mahek - shot accidentally or what - to me its still very unclear what happened I can only speculate

The show has got a bunch of real good actors.
I love the kitten too! Their bonding is just so adorable! Hahaha.. naughty yet cute.
I did. I did. And since both of them are prolific actors, the scene was bound to be great. 
I sometimes wonder if Narwekar & Dev were friends in the past or something. Let's see.
I don't think she's dead. Cause Puja who plays Mehak has said it multiple times that we have to watch the show to know if she's really dead or not. 
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: shoppingfreak1

I don't even think that Mehak's dead. Cause Puja who plays Mehak has said it multiple times in the interviews that we would have to watch the show to know if Dev's wife is really dead or not. But the thing is.. if she's not dead, then where is she!?

Well there could be two meanings to that statement:
  1. She isn't dead and Dev faked her death for some reason so she's in hiding.
  2. She isn't dead in the sense that Dev still believes her alive due to the way he sees her and feels her (like in that last scene).
shoppingfreak1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Athene

Well there could be two meanings to that statement:

1. She isn't dead and Dev faked her death for some reason so she's in hiding.
  2. She isn't dead in the sense that Dev still believes her alive due to the way he sees her and feels her (like in that last scene).

Probably not the second guess. But I really like the first one! It seems realistic. 
infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: shoppingfreak1

Meera is gonna be an entertainment package and the way Dev and Meera's first meet turned out, I am excited for more from them.
I JUST SO LOVE DEV!! I JUST LOVE HIS CHARACTER!
Exactly.. Dev is just focused on his work. Others things don't matter to him.
I would agree! That hesitation to shoot was so well portrayed by him. Such a mixture of emotions came over Dev.
Those last scenes were the best part of the episode!
I guess I'll have to rewatch to notice that because I didn't.
Hmm.. but the background music was still better than the first episode. In the first one, I couldn't even hear the dialogues at some point.
Thank you. Loved your round up so much!😃

even I think that maybe she isn't dead but if she isn't then how would dev end up with Meera 😆
shoppingfreak1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Richa.pokeship

even I think that maybe she isn't dead but if she isn't then how would dev end up with Meera 😆

Let Dev solve this case too.😆