Kashi - The tale of a vilified wife

amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

In the past few days, I have observed something. They are butchering Kashi!! 
 What the hell!! 
      Her insecurity and innocence was looking cute in the initial days. But now they are portraying her as a spoilt brat, insensitive and spineless, who does not understand her husband one bit, and has nothing else to do all day long except whining about her husband. And to show it as contrast, they are portraying Mastani as the great thinker, intelligent warrior and selfless princess!
      What are they trying to show? That Kashi is a dumb wife, not upto Baji's standards. And so Mastani will come and save him! 

Now now, CVs. Your bias towards Bajirao-Mastani affair doesn't have to be so obvious! We all know Bajirao loved Mastani, and she was a talented woman. But to justify that romance, you dont need to pull down Kashi in this manner. Let her be. Kindly dont take us for fools. We understand exactly what you are doing there.

Kusum Chopra in her novel 'Mastani' did the same thing. She portrayed Kashi as a shallow, dumb, insecure character to make the reader feel for Mastani. Otherwise, why else will the general public side for the 'mistress'? 

I will give a million likes to Bhansali in this regard. He didnt degrade the first wife to justify the so-called 'epic romance'. He showed all three of them with dignity, and let the audience choose their favourite. Needless to say, most preferred Kashi over Mastani, as her love and pain were more palpable than Bhansali-Mastani's 'Ibadat' (read husband-stealing).

I have nothing against the historical Mastani though. I understand she lived in an era where such relationships were normal. I am not sure whether the real Mastani willingly seduced a married Bajirao or her relationship with him was more like submission to fate and eventually love. I do not know whether she indeed was his wife as Kusum Chopra tries to prove in her book, or his mistress. Either way, it makes not much difference to me, bcoz the mode of her relationship doesnt change the fact that her entry in Bajirao's life (whether as a wedded wife or mistress) brought a turmoil into the family, and strained Bajirao's equation with his wife - the major reason why I am not a fan of hers. And if she had been his wedded wife, it is unlikely that her son would be called Shamsher Bahadur!

But those are historical debates. I do not know the exact details as historians are still arguing on this. So, I'll give the real Mastani the benefit of doubt. She may have been a willing seductress or a pawn in political alliances. 

But HERE, in this show, the character sketches are going haywire. Though Sony-Mastani is being portrayed as an ultra-perfect woman, which is, IMO, nothing but glorification, what is really bothering me immensely is the shameless butchering of Kashi! That is such a typical, cliched and below-standard way of glorifying such kind of affairs! 

Why not show the story as it is? Why not dare to show the truth? We all know the basic crux of this tale. We will happily accept it as history. Why distort it to suit the one man - one woman romance ideologies of 21st Century? If that had been the condition, then what was the point of making a show on ancient history! 

And Bhiu! The less said about her, the better! Ok, her husband is a jerk. For that she deserves utmost sympathy. But why does she keep taunting Kashi at the drop of a hat? Kashi, in her own grown-up days, never taunted her. The only thing she said is, Bhui, you are lucky! That is bcoz she is probably not fully aware of the equation between Bhui and her husband behind closed doors. And secondly, she is judging their relationship through the lens of her own. For her, husband's physical presence is of utmost importance as that is what she lacks. Granted she didnt understand Bhiu's turmoil, bcoz of her inexperience, but what is Bhiu doing? 
     Taunting her at the drop of a hat without provocation! Aap mere bhau ko nahi janti! Aap mere bhau ke pasand ko nahi samajhti! Aapko mere bhau ke baare mein kuch nahi pata! What the hell!! I am pretty sure, she will be the first one to root for Bajirao-Mastani when the time comes. 

P.S. - Apologies to my fellow members for the rant, but the narrow-minded bias of the creative team compelled me to write this. 😭

Edited by amritat - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Edited...
I had recently made a post on the same topic and thanks for pointing out all the details 👍🏼 About her insecurity and innocence one must remember she was a child who was pampered all her life and who had servants at her beck n call all the time. But post the wedding u could see a change in Kashi. The same Kashi took care of the household to the best of her abilities when Anu was born. It was the same Kashi who promised Baji she will be his ardhangini and support him with his goals for swaraj. What happened to that kid? The last episode of S1 ended on a positive note n I was hoping to see a mature Kashi but I am bitterly disappointed post leap. Kashi has been vilified to an extent that the foundation for her turning a vamp post Mastani's entry is laid. Shame on u CVs 😡 Do u really want to butcher a generous woman's image to glorify a love story? Sick of them to the core 🤢

Am sure Mastani was a wonderful woman - she must have been talented, courageous and loving but to justify her presence do u have to assassinate another woman's character? I tried reading the novel but it couldn't hold my interest for long. The writing style nor characterization were impressive or compelling. Mastani was portrayed as a woman with certain cunning intellect who knew the theory about survival of the fittest. 

SLB made a very fine attempt but he made a shoddy job at portraying Mastani. Mastani was shown to be a desperate psycho hell bent on forcing herself into Bajirao's life. Not to say that he didn't feel attracted to her but he tried to maintain a distance from her. But in reality Bajirao had brought Mastani along with him n she hadn't tailed after him as in the movie. The movie portrayed the other characters so well and retained their dignity like u rightly pointed out. Had she been his wife am sure her son would have been raised as a Hindu since religion dictates that the child follow his/her father's. I have nothing against her either for such relationships were common back then n not as controversial as it is made out to be. But the reason why this stirred a controversy might have been Mastani's growing influence on him that was distancing Bajirao from his own traditions.

Bhiu has never been a strong character from the start. She always preferred to live in her brother's shadow and I found her to be shallow n selfish. I can see the trait in her even now. She was always jealous of Kashi. Baji is partly responsible for Bhiu's attitude. She blindly places her faith in him and trusting someone is not a bad thing but if that's blind it can become an issue. Baji n Kashi squabbled as children n Baji's resentment towards Kashi was passed onto Bhiu. Baji got over it but Bhiu couldn't coz she got more reasons to hate Kashi. Her mother loved Kashi the same way she loved her. The only mature person in the family was Chimna who realised that Kashi being new to their family needed their support and understanding to become a part of their family which sadly neither did Baji nor Bhiu understand. Bhiu is absolutely right if she chooses to leave her husband but just coz her married life is ruined she wants to ruin Baji and Kashi's relation too by taunting her that she doesn't know her husband. Bhiu will be the first person to support Mastani 🤢

Please don't apologize for making this post. It was much needed. If only the CVs could see this. I have no expectations from the makers. How will they fix thats been messed up so bad?
Edited by BeyondHorizon - 6 years ago
zaniax thumbnail
Good post! Most of us here share the same opinion. I feel PB post leap would've been more layered plus closer to history IF Bajirao-Kashi's relationship was cordial and then it'll be interesting to see how he falls for another despite a good marital life. But sadly, Mastani is overpowering everything!
P.S plz send ur views to Sony as well.
kahiliginger thumbnail

Originally posted by: amritat

In the past few days, I have observed something. They are butchering Kashi!! 
 What the hell!! 
      Her insecurity and innocence was looking cute in the initial days. But now they are portraying her as a spoilt brat, insensitive and spineless, who does not understand her husband one bit, and has nothing else to do all day long except whining about her husband. And to show it as contrast, they are portraying Mastani as the great thinker, intelligent warrior and selfless princess!
      What are they trying to show? That Kashi is a dumb wife, not upto Baji's standards. And so Mastani will come and save him! 

Now now, CVs. Your bias towards Bajirao-Mastani affair doesn't have to be so obvious! We all know Bajirao loved Mastani, and she was a talented woman. But to justify that romance, you dont need to pull down Kashi in this manner. Let her be. Kindly dont take us for fools. We understand exactly what you are doing there.

Kusum Chopra in her novel 'Mastani' did the same thing. She portrayed Kashi as a shallow, dumb, insecure character to make the reader feel for Mastani. Otherwise, why else will the general public side for the 'mistress'? 

I will give a million likes to Bhansali in this regard. He didnt degrade the first wife to justify the so-called 'epic romance'. He showed all three of them with dignity, and let the audience choose their favourite. Needless to say, most preferred Kashi over Mastani, as her love and pain were more palpable than Bhansali-Mastani's 'Ibadat' (read husband-stealing).

I have nothing against the historical Mastani though. I understand she lived in an era where such relationships were normal. I am not sure whether the real Mastani willingly seduced a married Bajirao or her relationship with him was more like submission to fate and eventually love. I do not know whether she indeed was his wife as Kusum Chopra tries to prove in her book, or his mistress. Either way, it makes not much difference to me, bcoz the mode of her relationship doesnt change the fact that her entry in Bajirao's life (whether as a wedded wife or mistress) brought a turmoil into the family, and strained Bajirao's equation with his wife - the major reason why I am not a fan of hers. And if she had been his wedded wife, it is unlikely that her son would be called Shamsher Bahadur!

But those are historical debates. I do not know the exact details as historians are still arguing on this. So, I'll give the real Mastani the benefit of doubt. She may have been a willing seductress or a pawn in political alliances. 

But HERE, in this show, the character sketches are going haywire. Though Sony-Mastani is being portrayed as an ultra-perfect woman, which is, IMO, nothing but glorification, what is really bothering me immensely is the shameless butchering of Kashi! That is such a typical, cliched and below-standard way of glorifying such kind of affairs! 

Why not show the story as it is? Why not dare to show the truth? We all know the basic crux of this tale. We will happily accept it as history. Why distort it to suit the one man - one woman romance ideologies of 21st Century? If that had been the condition, then what was the point of making a show on ancient history! 

And Bhiu! The less said about her, the better! Ok, her husband is a jerk. For that she deserves utmost sympathy. But why does she keep taunting Kashi at the drop of a hat? Kashi, in her own grown-up days, never taunted her. The only thing she said is, Bhui, you are lucky! That is bcoz she is probably not fully aware of the equation between Bhui and her husband behind closed doors. And secondly, she is judging their relationship through the lens of her own. For her, husband's physical presence is of utmost importance as that is what she lacks. Granted she didnt understand Bhiu's turmoil, bcoz of her inexperience, but what is Bhiu doing? 
     Taunting her at the drop of a hat without provocation! Aap mere bhau ko nahi janti! Aap mere bhau ke pasand ko nahi samajhti! Aapko mere bhau ke baare mein kuch nahi pata! What the hell!! I am pretty sure, she will be the first one to root for Bajirao-Mastani when the time comes. 

P.S. - Apologies to my fellow members for the rant, but the narrow-minded bias of the creative team compelled me to write this. 😭

You mentioned Mastani, the novel by Kusum Choppra. This is the official introduction to that fictional novel.

Until recently, history had relegated Mastani to forgotten pages as a dancing girl... a myth kept alive by lack of evidence about her true place in the Peshwa household. Daughter of Maharaj Chhatrasal of Bundelkhand, Mastani married Peshwa Baji Rao I while he was in power, but she was obscured almost to anonymity by several forces. Her life as a strategist, both on the field and at home was veiled with intrigue due to the jealousies of women in zenanas and power-hungry relatives in the Peshwai. What was Mastani's story? Was being a true companion to the Peshwa as well as his most loved wife a threat large enough to snuff her out in the pages of history? Fascinated for years by the secrecy behind her life and death, Kusum Choppra unravels the mysteries surrounding the deaths of both Peshwa Baji Rao I and his second wife. The novel explores Mastani's royal lineage and the elegant bearing of a warrior princess caught in the political web of a changing empire.

Kusum Choppra is a self-confessed Mastani fan who claims to have researched her chosen heroine for over 25 years before writing the book. When asked about which published historical resources she unearthed her facts from the writer was largely evasive, stating that her evidence was corroborated by several unpublished sources that have kept the real story alive. In other words she could not name a single credible source that condemns Radhabai, Chimaji, Balaji Bajirao and Kashi as perpetrators of the villainy her book blames them for from start to finish. 

The book is so hagiographically in Mastani's favour that after browsing through a few pages the reader realises that the writer's one point agenda is to affirm the identity of Mastani as a Bundela warrior princess who did not deserve the injustice meted out to her. All in all only Mastani and her supporters emerge smelling of roses while every Peshwa family member is either reduced to a bumbling greedy minion or to Mastani's Nemesis! Bajirao himself is painted as a romantic yet spineless lover. Incidentally Kusum Choppra is a journalist as well as a published writer.

Wikipedia defines yellow journalism as follows: it is a type of journalism that presents little or no legitimate well-researched news and instead uses eye-catching headlines to sell more newspapers. Techniques may include exaggerations of news events, scandal-mongering or sensationalism.

I am unsure if the scriptwriters of PB regard the novel Mastani as their Bible but they do seem inspired either by it or by yellow journalism. Whether or not this is an attempt to grab TRPs is anyone's guess. And you are absolutely right, unlike others who dared to touch the controversial subject only SLB brought dignity to his lead characters. 

I hope someone from the creative team of PB reads your posts. Because long after the series winds up the better informed viewers will judge them for decimating the reputation of iconic historical characters. And by then the damage to the writer's credibility will already be done.
Edited by kahiliginger - 6 years ago
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: kahiliginger

You mentioned Mastani, the novel by Kusum Choppra. This is the official introduction to that fictional novel.

Until recently, history had relegated Mastani to forgotten pages as a dancing girl... a myth kept alive by lack of evidence about her true place in the Peshwa household. Daughter of Maharaj Chhatrasal of Bundelkhand, Mastani married Peshwa Baji Rao I while he was in power, but she was obscured almost to anonymity by several forces. Her life as a strategist, both on the field and at home was veiled with intrigue due to the jealousies of women in zenanas and power-hungry relatives in the Peshwai. What was Mastani's story? Was being a true companion to the Peshwa as well as his most loved wife a threat large enough to snuff her out in the pages of history? Fascinated for years by the secrecy behind her life and death, Kusum Choppra unravels the mysteries surrounding the deaths of both Peshwa Baji Rao I and his second wife. The novel explores Mastani's royal lineage and the elegant bearing of a warrior princess caught in the political web of a changing empire.

Kusum Choppra is a self-confessed Mastani fan who claims to have researched her chosen heroine for over 25 years before writing the book. When asked about which published historical resources she unearthed her facts from the writer was largely evasive, stating that her evidence was corroborated by several unpublished sources that have kept the real story alive. In other words she could not name a single credible source that condemns Radhabai, Chimaji, Balaji Bajirao and Kashi as perpetrators of the villainy her book blames them for from start to finish. 

The book is so hagiographically in Mastani's favour that after browsing through a few pages the reader realises that the writer's one point agenda is to affirm the identity of Mastani as a Bundela warrior princess who did not deserve the injustice meted out to her. All in all only Mastani and her supporters emerge smelling of roses while every Peshwa family member is either reduced to a bumbling greedy minion or to Mastani's Nemesis! Bajirao himself is painted as a romantic yet spineless lover. Incidentally Kusum Choppra is a journalist as well as a published writer.

Wikipedia defines yellow journalism as follows: it is a type of journalism that presents little or no legitimate well-researched news and instead uses eye-catching headlines to sell more newspapers. Techniques may include exaggerations of news events, scandal-mongering or sensationalism.

I am unsure if the scriptwriters of PB regard the novel Mastani as their Bible but they do seem inspired either by it or by yellow journalism. Whether or not this is an attempt to grab TRPs is anyone's guess. And you are absolutely right, unlike others who dared to touch the controversial subject only SLB brought dignity to his lead characters. 

I hope someone from the creative team of PB reads your posts. Because long after the series winds up the better informed viewers will judge them for decimating the reputation of iconic historical characters. And by then the damage to the writer's credibility will already be done.

I read Kusum Chopra's novel soon after the grown-up Bajirao and Kashi entered the show. After reading it, I was planning to post a review of it on India Forums.

Personally, I admire the author for her hardwork. She has taken up a noble job of uncovering facts of a tarnished lady. So far so good.

But what really bothered me is, the MANNER in which she did it. She pulled down every other character including Bajirao to make Mastani look good.  Bajirao in Kusum Chopra's novel came across as a jerk, to be honest. And despite the author's utmost efforts to prove Kashi to be a dumb, insensitive and inept wife of Bajirao, my sympathies still fell for her. 😭 

I will post a review soon.
Edited by amritat - 6 years ago
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: zaniax

Good post! Most of us here share the same opinion. I feel PB post leap would've been more layered plus closer to history IF Bajirao-Kashi's relationship was cordial and then it'll be interesting to see how he falls for another despite a good marital life. But sadly, Mastani is overpowering everything!
P.S plz send ur views to Sony as well.

Thanks. Yes it is time we let the CVs know what we feel.
kahiliginger thumbnail
Wish it was possible to create historical fiction in print or on the screen without having to demarcate the characters into jet black or pristine white. Truth be told, every character has a bit of grey or at least carries the potential for it.  

There were no major ripples in the Peshwa family until the advent of Mastani. Even after her arrival things continued to be normal until the end of 1737 when the unorthodox lifestyle choices made by the Peshwa changed the equation.

The romance of Bajirao and Mastani was inspiring enough for writers to justify his neglect of Kashi and her children. Just wish someone had the gumption and the calibre to present the truth as it was.
Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Couple of facts before I give my opinion. 

One
A person (man or woman) can have affection/love for more than one but they will always have a favorite. It is impossible to treat two people equally, even parents have a favorite child though they love all their children. And when you have a favorite that person will always get more attention time and preference

Two
BajiRao's favorite was Mastani, it is accepted by all be it Kashi fans BajiRao fans or Mastani fans or historians. And she was favorite to the extent that he left Kashibai and went against his family to be with her.

These above are indsiputable. The dispute arises because people want answer to the question why was Mastani BajiRao's favorite. 
Kusum chopra made Mastani awesome and Kashi pathetic to answer the question
SLB made Mastani psycho stalker and BajiRao a helpless fool to answer it

CVs I believe don't want to show BajiRao as helpless fool who gets wound up by Mastani, here BajiRao is shown as intelligent and headstrong charachter and if such a man chooses Mastani over Kashi then Mastani has to be shown better than her.
At the moment they have not made Kashi evil, they are simply showing a lack of compatibility between them. That Kashi and BajiRao are different personalities, Bhiu is only exaggerating the mismatch.

How in the world can they show Kashibai as an amazing dignified lady who was great in every way and perfectly compatible with her husband and not show BajiRao as an idiot or worse a lusty jerk to have fallen for Mastani and left his wife.. 

In this show since childhood they have shown Baji to be always close to his family, they have also shown him to be intelligent who never gets swayed by emotions. For such a man to leave his wife and go to another woman then that woman has to be better in fact much better. And if they want to show Baji as intelligent then Mastani has to better than Kashi

What I mean to say is if Kashi was indeed awesome why did Baji leave her and go to Mastani. And Baji did leave her. 

And as far as naming of Shamsher Bahadur is concerned BajiRao was chitpavan Brahman they were very conservative and would never accept a Muslim woman or her child specially when Baji's own family was against Mastani

Whether her marriage was legally accepted by the then society or not really doesn't matter because BajiRao in his life made it abundantly clear that he wanted to spend his life with Mastani.

Whether we like it or not, they will have to butcher either Baji or Kashi or Mastani, because Baji did not treat both his wife's as equal. He left one for the other. And the charachter they have portrayed Baji as will not make sense or not remain the same if they do not show Mastani as better suited
 to Baji if not better than Kashi

Edited by Chiillii - 6 years ago
kahiliginger thumbnail
 Love triangles are confounding to explain because they polarise opinions. And public opinion can be crucial to the fate of such relationships when the individuals involved are public figures.
Everyone understands why Bajirao fell for Mastani, an exquisite and accomplished beauty. There are countless legends about her charm and her romance with Bajirao. 

Bajirao-Mastani are not the only example of forbidden love made famous by controversy. No matter how hidebound it makes them seem each society enforces its own rules for class and religious adherence. Edward VIII of England was forced to abdicate his throne when he fell for the American socialite and divorcee Wallis Simpson. He was succeeded by the rather unlikely Geroge VI.

A much married Charles' marriage to the iconic Princess Diana ended due to his dalliance with the not so popular Camilla Parker-Bowles. Even after he married Camilla a highborn royal like Charles has not been able to mitigate public opinion because his British subjects still love Diana more than he did.

Closer to home a successful film producer of North Indian origin invited intense scrutiny when he willingly left his wife and young children for a famous South born actress whom he had been mentoring for a few years. 

Even if the Peshwa's family disapproved of Mastani they chose not to oppose Bajirao's relationship with her for nearly a decade, irrespective of her caste, faith or the circumstances of her birth. But as Bajirao defied caste rules by eating meat, drinking alcohol and openly consorting with Mastani he provoked the ire of the community. Public opinion is a formidable force to reckon with in any age. The stubborn Bajirao overestimated his clout when he insisted on making Mastani his preferred companion. The furore he caused led his family to separate him from her in an attempt to appease the public. 

Most young viewers simply do not grasp the socio-political climate prevailing in 18th century Maharashtra.Had the Peshwa's family not intervened in the Mastani matter they would have been ostracised. Bajirao had not expected the outrage to mount to this extent. Following a stalemate he moved to Patas a few miles away while Mastani remained under house arrest in Pune. Had Bajirao tried to rescue her forcefully it could have led to civil war. Such is the power of public opinion. And in that age it went in Kashi's favour because she was seen as the wronged wife. 

Likewise in each era Mastani has found ardent supporters who saw her as a victim of prejudice. Actually the whole Peshwa family was caught in an unfortunate web whether or not anyone understands their predicament.

Serial makers cannot present such complex facts without disenchanting fans. So they do what they are best at, they reinvent the story to suit themselves. Sometimes they succeed, sometime they do not. TRPs are already plummeting. If the show is taken off air after 25th August any argument about the show's content is moot.

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Baji has been shown to be an intelligent person in the show n there is no denying that. Also there is no denying the fact that he was a brilliant military strategist. There is enough historical evidence to prove that. But does being intelligent in one aspect mean ur the same in every other aspect in life too? Does Kashi need to be depicted as a mismatch for Bajirao to prove Mastani was perfect for him? Warrior or not, there is no man who is not allured by beauty, charm and wit. Mastani encompassed all of it. How could Kashi even be compared to her? She was a mere home maker, not trained to charm a man with her beauty and skills. Not blaming Mastani for being a charmer but 
I am only stating my view as to why Bajirao fell for Mastani.

In the movie Kashi was presented beautifully. No doubt about that and that was the reason majority of the audience could connect with her pain. She was shown to be the one who was wronged n though Kashi must have felt betrayed by this act, she must have accepted it too as back then monogamy or absolute fidelity was not a common practice and she could not hold that against her husband. But coming to Mastani I am pretty sure she was not shameless enough to pursue a man who had never given her a commitment even n demand her rights from him. SLB could have done a decent job there. Why can't a male lead be flawed? In the TV show to justify Mastani's romance they are showing Kashi in a bad light. I would understand Mastani fans getting upset if the other fandom demanded Mastani to be shown as a woman who shamelessly stole another's man but that is not what we are asking. We are not even saying when the time comes, show Mastani in a poor light as in the movie to depict that Kashi was wronged. But don't vilify Kashi to justify a romance. That is unfair. Why can it not be shown that Bajirao loved Kashi but that love was not enough to stop him from getting attracted to Mastani who later became the love of his life?

Even in the epic Mahabharata, the pandavs had more than one wife. But did that show Draupadi in a poor light or demean the other wives? Arjuna was always shown to be the world's greatest archer n that glory was never taken from him and neither did they justify him marrying Subhadra even though Draupadi was his first wife. So why can't the same be shown here? True there was a controversy in Bajirao Mastani case. But the controversy was more to do with the fact that he married a muslim princess who was illegitimate despite being a Chitpavan brahmin himself n not coz he left Kashi. Coz if he indeed leave Kashi then how were Ragoba and Janardhan born? If he loved Mastani to an extent that he spent all his time with her after marrying her, he should never have spent time with Kashi which was not the case. SLB conveniently ignored this by showing that Baji Kashi's relation got strained once the revelation happened n she was already pregnant with Ragoba. He did not bother to show Janardhan who was born after Ragoba and actually performed Bajirao's last rites instead of Nana Saheb. Also Mastani's presence in Bajirao's life was something that Kashi was aware of even before she conceived Raogoba. If she felt so morally offended that she distanced herself from her husband, her children (Ragoba and Janardhan) wouldn't be born. It is the maker's misconception that we, audience cannot grasp complexities. If that were the case Mahabharata (BR Chopra version) wouldn't be one of the most loved TV series of all time.
Edited by BeyondHorizon - 6 years ago