Too much of Mastani is reducing my interest for PB

Quantum-Dot thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Frankly speaking, my lack of interest for PB is gradually increasing everyday with too much of Mastani occupying the screen space. I really don't feel like watching the episodes which I miss nowadays, where I never used to miss one single episode of PB before and always watch that online afterwards, but now the scenario is changed, I don't really bother to watch the missed episode as the episodes are not enthralling anymore whether Baji becoming Peshwa or not. And now coming to Balaji's death, I will always miss Manish Wadhwa and his awesome portrayal of Balaji and thereby the complete exit of the preleap cast is over and thus my interest for PB too. Balaji's death was shown in such a worse way, I really don't like it, even his last breath was not shown. And the whole saga of pardoning him by his children was really painful to watch. What did irritate me was Kashi's overexciting behavior in it by lecturing Baji to not break her trust by marrying other girl blah blah blah was totally useless at this point of time, even the little Bhiu would understand how to give a person peace on his deathbed by pardoning him, but little/adult Kashi both had and has been portrayed as some insensitive woman in PB. I really liked the last Balaji and his Sarkar scene.
And this Mastani getting so much of screenspace irritates me so much. Her every scene and Bundelkhand saga bore me so much that I quit watching it halfway. Specially her marriage track was so baseless, the evil mother and son fix her marriage without the consent of Maharaj, her father, huh!!! Totally meaningless. I don't know how long I would feel to watch PB as its not fascinating me anymore- just like the previous historical CAS did which I had stopped watching after AC's death.

Edited by Planck - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaddyO thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Planck

Frankly speaking, my lack of interest for PB is gradually increasing everyday with too much of Mastani occupying the screen space. I really don't feel like watching the episodes which I miss nowadays, where I never used to miss one single episode of PB before and always watch that online afterwards, but now the scenario is changed, I don't really bother to watch the missed episode as the episodes are not enthralling anymore whether Baji becoming Peshwa or not. And now coming to Balaji's death, I will always miss Manish Wadhwa and his awesome portrayal of Balaji and thereby the complete exit of the preleap cast is over and thus my interest for PB too. Balaji's death was shown in such a worse way, I really don't like it, even his last breath was not shown. And the whole saga of pardoning him by his children was really painful to watch. What did irritate me was Kashi's overexciting behavior in it by lecturing Baji to not break her trust by marrying other girl blah blah blah was totally useless at this point of time, even the little Bhiu would understand how to give a person peace on his deathbed by pardoning him, but little/adult Kashi both had and has been portrayed as some insensitive woman in PB. I really liked the last Balaji and his Sarkar scene.
And this Mastani getting so much of screenspace irritates me so much. Her every scene and Bundelkhand saga bore me so much that I quit watching it halfway. Specially her marriage track was so baseless, the evil mother and son fix her marriage without the consent of Maharaj, her father, huh!!! Totally meaningless. I don't know how long I would feel to watch PB as its not fascinating me anymore- just like the previous historical CAS did which I had stopped watching after AC's death.

Wow, I was thinking the same thing, what you said about watching online!  I have missed watching full episodes last week (watched from halfway part usually and missed one episode) I haven't watched online.

I feel so bored with Mastani and Bundelkhand, that is usually time for starting dinner preparation ðŸ˜†
I watched only Bajirao scenes today, other scene was for veg cutting.

With Manishji's exit PB as we used to like is over.  Balaji last scene was unfair to him, how can they show only Bajirao with him and all other children watching from outside like neighbors!  Something is missing from the family we loved so much.

I am starting to like Bajirao and Chimnaji even Kashi in some scenes (hysterical scene about Balaji foregiveness aside) but I feel absolutely irritated at Mastani forced on viewers and her screen time.  Mastani is eating up screen space of Shahuraje, political events which are more interesting.

PS : really mean of cvs to give this husband to our Bihu

MaddyO thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Planck

Line in bold me too.  Instead of revenge against murderers of AC they made Ashoka run after K and I stopped watching.

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
My thoughts echo with yours! Mastani track has ruined the show. These guys did not focus much on Kashi or her family much unless it was relevant with Baji's track in the childhood phase but now so much of screenspace is being wasted on Mastani when we all know Mastani should ideally be a toddler at this stage. About Kashi the last episode in the pre leap track showed Kashi becoming mature and being a support system for Baji. Now she has joined the long list of whining wives in Indian TV history 🤢 I don't get why the CVs are not bothered to visit IF even once. If they do they can see that many of us are unhappy with this track. It is nothing to do with Megha but with the way Mastani is being presented and I guess most of the viewers are being reasonable here unlike in other shows where fans make unrealistic demands. If they cut down on Mastani scenes and show more of Shahuji things will still be fine. I don't think anything happening in the Peshwa household is irrelevant. Its still in sync with the story. Manish and Anuja had to quit the show to make way for the future track and as much as I miss them it was inevitable. Anuja could not have portrayed older Radhabai since there has been a paradigm shift in her character. I still like Chima and Rakma. 
zaniax thumbnail
Same thoughts..Mastani is eating up the screen space. I've started skipping her scenes too as they bore the hell out of me! Besides, if we go by history then she isn't evn supposed to be present at this stage.SO many imp tracks being sidelined due to her like Bajirao becoming peshwa, his family, martial life, Nana Saheb etc. Seriously, wat are the makers up to??
harshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
btw dis is off topic sorry fr dat... happened to visit twitter and found dt d writer of pb had shared snippets of her intervws in sum paper and it had a pic of cgm dt used to air on imagine... and so realised dt she was d same writer who wrte fr cgm on imagine channel and now its PB... going by watever opinions i have gt abt d cgm shw it was really good... and also dis shw pre leap it was really good worth watching... d political issues..but now seems d wrter is suffering frm wrter's block and so d research has stopped making her wrte ny crap...🥱k frgt to add even CAS goes to her credit she was also d wrter of CAS...😆Edited by harshu27 - 6 years ago
kahiliginger thumbnail
Has anyone registered a strong and compelling protest on Twitter or YouTube about the issue on hand yet? Because otherwise one cannot expect any change for the better.

I suppose all major historical events will be overlooked, the bad guys will ruin the rhythm in every family to keep up with the drama quotient and the only romance we may get to see will be between Bajirao and Mastani. 

Kashi's children may be conceived miraculously. Because the CVs certainly do not seem to be in the mood to show any thawing of Bajirao's frosty behaviour toward Kashi.
Edited by kahiliginger - 6 years ago
Melkor thumbnail
Agree with you completely!!

First of all the CVs need to get their brains back and remember that this show was about Peshwa Bajirao and not Bajirao Mastani 2.0.

Secondly they need to work on their facts.Mastani was a kid at present.Mastani's mom's name was Ruhaani and not Surraiyya.
And Mastani certainly didn't have a sad life back at Bundelkhand.Legitimate or not she was pampered and cherished by the family.
Bringing Mastani at this stage was a colossal blunder.

Thirdly,Kashi was not someone who was lovesick for Baji and neither did Baji give a cold shoulder to Kashi.They had a normal relationship and they loved each other.He did not stop loving Kashi after Mastani entered his life for he did have a 4th child with her.

Fourthly,will heaven collapse if they show Bajirao loving both his wives albeit at different stages of his life??🤪Why is it necessary for only one of them to be the love of his life??Mastani entered after he had established himself as a Peshwa.He did fall for her.No one is denying it.But why force it in the audience's faces that Baji and Mastani are soulmates??
Its as if through the heavy dose of Mastani scenes the PH is trying to tell us that,'Mastani is Baji's love.Deal with it'.🤢

Edited by --BlackSheep-- - 6 years ago
BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: kahiliginger

Has anyone registered a strong and compelling protest on Twitter or YouTube about the issue on hand yet? Because otherwise one cannot expect any change for the better.

I suppose all major historical events will be overlooked, the bad guys will ruin the rhythm in every family to keep up with the drama quotient and the only romance we may get to see will be between Bajirao and Mastani. 

Kashi's children may be conceived miraculously. Because the CVs certainly do not seem to be in the mood to show any thawing of Bajirao's frosty behaviour toward Kashi.

I have possibly commented on all offscreen segments aired post leap. Esp the ones that were specific to Mastani's entry but to no avail 

Nope the makers will not show that and neither will they show Kashi as a strong woman who will support her husband's fight for swaraj. Even in today's epi they showed how Mastani inspired Bajirao to break tradition and goto Satara while Kashi behaved like Radhabai's puppet ðŸ¤¢ One more excuse to show Mastani as Bajirao's true love ðŸ¤¢
kahiliginger thumbnail

Originally posted by: --BlackSheep--

Agree with you completely!!

First of all the CVs need to get their brains back and remember that this show was about Peshwa Bajirao and not Bajirao Mastani 2.0.
Secondly they need to work on their facts.Mastani was a kid at present.Mastani's mom's name was Ruhaani and not Surraiyya.
And Mastani certainly didn't have a sad life back at Bundelkhand.Legitimate or not she was pampered and cherished by the family.
Bringing Mastani at this stage was a colossal blunder.

Thirdly,Kashi was not someone who was lovesick for Baji and neither did Baji give a cold shoulder to Kashi.They had a normal relationship and they loved each other.He did not stop loving Kashi after Mastani entered his life for he did have a 4th child with her.

Fourthly,will heaven collapse if they show Bajirao loving both his wives albeit at different stages of his life??🤪Why is it necessary for only one of them to be the love of his life??Mastani entered after he had established himself as a Peshwa.He did fall for her.No one is denying it.But why force it in the audience's faces that Baji and Mastani are soulmates??
Its as if through the heavy dose of Mastani scenes the PH is trying to tell us that,'Mastani is Baji's love.Deal with it'.🤢

In reality nothing is known about Mastani's origin or background. All that has been written is largely guesswork- not history. Almost everything the show has featured about her is imaginary-based on the writer's imagination. 

The only facts we know about her are that she had a Muslim mother, she was very pretty and talented, she bore a son called Shamsher Bahadur and Bajirao was quite attached to her.

Nevertheless it is a known fact that Kashi delivered three sons between 1732-1735- after the arrival of Mastani in Pune. In the years prior to Mastani's arrival Kashi had already given Bajirao two sons. Would that be possible if Bajirao had avoided Kashi altogether?