Article on PPK do read

ShikhaAgrawal thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
Pehredaar Piya Ki not that bad
A lot has been written about new Sony show Pehredaar Piya Ki criticizing its main theme of   9 years   young boy's Ratan ( Afaan Khan) marriage to a 18 year old Divya(Tejaswi Prakash Wayangankar ) . While personally I don't have any issue with the flak.   To be fair to the makers(Shashi Sumeet Productions) a lot of unnecessary bile is being thrown at this one show only. Lets face it,   many hit daily shows of yore have   also shown regressive social practices, under the guise of good old Indian traditions( Balika Vadhu etc).
So what is wrong, if Sony follows the same old yardstick , here too   lead girl agrees, to get married to a young boy for a promise and the fact that the father in law had saved her life. This quintessential Indian r girl is also short changed by life, but this is part of Indian TV so what is new??
And to all those who keep saying western shows are the panache, tell me, can we watch sex sand sleaze in front of our parents/kids I cant , lets face it guys, India is not just south Mumbai and   South Delhi.
This is my philosophical stand , now let'a move to hard core business. We have praised Behyaad and Kuch Rang Pyaar Ke to the hilt, it might be appealing to the online segment, but these shows have not really set the TRP meters on fire . Sony still needs that one big fiction show which will really rake in huge numbers.
So is this show is what the doctor ordered for, Sony, a GEC needs female family audiences and they seem to like such " regressive" as we call it   .   As for those who are venting online   we are never the TG s on the contrary, some might actually watch to find out what the fuss is all about??
The show has opened bit better then most fiction shows on Sony of late . But yes the growth is not huge and Sony would have    much bigger given the risk taken.   Having said that new growth does take time
The real test for the creative would be is how the take the story forward. The cynical journalist in me says soon the show will take a leap and we will have

triangle   the boy will grow up to man obsessed with Tejasvi who would have love somebody as well.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
thanks for article
loving this show
but don't want leap so early
want to see diya's journey with ratan and his family