Peshwa Bajirao || The Great Fault List ||

.khaleesi. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago

Hey guys!
Amreen here. I used to watch the show initially but then Rudra Soni's performance wasn't convincing for me. I found him a bit too dramatic while as far as I have read about Bajirao, he was not too much of a melodramatic person. Obviously, this is purely my personal opinion. Anyway, I started watching this once again because Karan as grown up Baji looked a bit too eye pleasing in the promos. But unfortunately, except for the brilliant performances of Karan, Rajeshwari ji and Ishita, even when the scripts seem a bit too haywire, the show isn't able to gain my interest. Manipulating historical shows/movies isn't new and quite acceptable because it sometimes makes them even more interesting. But I, according to my knowledge, feel that the writers have messed up with the story a bit too much.
So I'll try to list out my points about fhe faults and errors in the show.

1. First of all Bajirao is shown to be around the age of 19 or 20. By this time he was/ to be appointed as Peshwa.
Also around this time Nanasaheb aka Balaji Bajirao was born. Exact date is said to be 8th December 1720. (Rao was born in 1700). Today they confirmed Baji is 19. That means the makers are gonna show Peshwa's appointment ceremony, Baji and Kashi's relationship, love, consummation, Kashi's pregnancy and Nana's birth in a very fast and haphazard motion. I hope I am wrong.

2. Second is 'the' Mastani's entry. Considering the fact that Krishna Rao aka Shamsher Bahadur was born in 1734 (a few months earlier/later than Raghunath Rao), Mastani should have entered his life in 1732 or 1733 approximately, when he was the age of 32-33. And considering how educated, skillful and modern she was for that time, she might have come into Rao's life at the age of 20-22 approx. That means now, that is in the period that the CVs are showing, Mastani should be a kid of 7-8 years and not how they are showing her to be.

3. That also means she'll have to wait for another 15-16 years to enter into Rao's life which seems impossible considering how the makers are dying to show Mastani and his love story to the viewers instead of concentrating on his relationship with Kashi so that Nanasaheb can be born.

4. As I said Mastani entered Rao's life when Rao was about 32-33, that means at the time of Mastani's entry Nanasaheb should be around 12-13. Exactly as shown in the movie. Remember the scene where Baji visits Ainaa Mahal for the first time. (Rudra Soni has played young Nanasaheb in the movie).

5. And at last, Mastani's mom. Her name was Ruhaani bai and not Suraiyya Begum as everyone in the show keeps calling her. What the hell is that?

So that's it for now. I said 'for now' because I am very sure they are gonna keep erring a few (hopefully) more times in the show. And of course I will try to point them out. I am hoping to know your views on this fault list and let me know if I missed out any thing.

P.S. According to me point 3 is the biggest blunder the CVs have commited. It's almost irreversible and I don't how are they gonna justify it.

Till then,
Love ❤️ ,
Ciao

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kahiliginger thumbnail

Source- Peshwe Gharanyacha Itihas- Pramod Oak, Continental Prakashan, Pune

Bajirao born-18th August 1700

Chimaji and Kashi born- 1703

Bhiu born-1708

Baji-Kashi wedding- 1711 

Bhiu marries Abaji Joshi Naik-1712

Balaji becomes Peshwa- 1713

Birth of Anu-1714

Anu marries Venkatrao Joshi Ghorpade-1719

Death of Balaji- 2nd April 1720

Bajirao appointed Peshwa, aged 19- 17th April 1720

Birth of Kashi's son Balaji aka Nana- 16th December 1721

Birth of Kashi's 2nd son Ramchandra- 1723

Rau's Bundelkhand campaign and entry of Mastani in Pune- 1729 (Mastani was 15-16 years old)

Construction of Shaniwarwada begins-1730

Wedding of Balaji and Gopika Raste- 11th January 1730

Birth of Sadashiv, son of Chimaji and Rakhma on 4th August 1730, followed by death of mother Rakhma- 31st August 1730

Chimaji remarried to Annapurna- December 1731

Peshwa family moves into the newly built Shaniwarwada- 1732

Birth of male child to Kashi, baby dies soon after- 13th March 1733

Death of Ramchandra (aged 10) -1733

Birth of Shamsher Bahadur-Mastani's son -early 1734

Birth of Raghunath, Kashi's son- 1st August 1734

Mastani Mahal built in Shaniwarwada-1732-34. Mastani moves there in 1734

Kashi joins Bajirao on Rajputana campaign- 1735-1736

Mastani joins Bajirao on Delhi and Malwa campaign- 1736-1738

Mastani separated from Bajirao and put in house arrest-November 1739

Mastani escapes from Pune and joins Bajirao in Patas- December 1739

Mastani sent back to Pune after two weeks- December 1739

Bajirao's final campaign with Nasir Jung- Jan/Feb 1740

Bajirao camps in Rawerkhedi on Narmada Bank- April 1740

Death of Bajirao at Rawerkhedi- 28th April 1740

Birth of Chimaji and Annapurna's daughter Bayabai-September 1740

Death of Chimaji. Annapurna goes Sati with him- 17th December 1740
Edited by kahiliginger - 6 years ago
.khaleesi. thumbnail

Originally posted by: kahiliginger

Bhiu born-1708

Baji-Kashi wedding- 1711

Bhiu marries Abaji Josh Naik-1712

Birth of Anu-1714

Rau's Bundelkhand campaign and entry of Mastani in Pune- 1729 (Mastani was 15-16 years old)

Birth of Sadashiv, son of Chimaji and Rakhma on 4th August 1730, followed by death of mother Rakhma- 31st August 1730

Birth of male child to Kashi, baby died soon after- 13th March 1733

Death of Ramchandra (aged 10)-1733

That means I am almost correct. Kuch kuch jagaho par 3 4 saal ka difference aa raha hai but its okay. But what abouylt the show????? Its like they have completely made a new story! So incorrect and misleading. 😭
I wish we could tag the writers on this thread. Anyway, thanks a lot for tge information! 😊 ❤️Edited by Ishqbaaz - 6 years ago
BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
@kahiliginger - thanks for sharing the facts 😊
@Ishqbaaz - I so agree with u there but what's the point in us ranting when the makers have anyways decided to screw the show?
.khaleesi. thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeyondHorizon

@kahiliginger - thanks for sharing the facts 😊

@Ishqbaaz - I so agree with u there but what's the point in us ranting when the makers have anyways decided to screw the show?

Exactly!!! 😭
That makes me wanna slap the writers hard! Is there any way we can tell the writers about this??
kahiliginger thumbnail
In the future is this show going to be a clone of SLB's Bajirao-Mastani? Probably, as the plot is already heavily rigged in favour of the duo. Maybe the producers are fans of that romance! Why else would they fabricate so much and ignore Bajirao's illustrious career as a cavalry general?
For all you know it may be the Arabian Nights version-a yarn spun about the members of the actual Peshwa family. Based on what I have watched there is little resemblance to events as they really occurred. 
harshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Ishqbaaz

Exactly!!! 😭
That makes me wanna slap the writers hard! Is there any way we can tell the writers about this??

hii u can tweet d writer on twitter... i so wanted to do tweet her bt reading all d praises showered on d show i was like i wll b d only odd man out wid negtve comments abt d shw...😆d wrter's id on twitter is nilanjana_p u can tweet her...😃
MaddyO thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ishqbaaz

Hey guys!
Amreen here. I used to watch the show initially but then Rudra Soni's performance wasn't convincing for me. I found him a bit too dramatic while as far as I have read about Bajirao, he was not too much of a melodramatic person. Obviously, this is purely my personal opinion. Anyway, I started watching this once again because Karan as grown up Baji looked a bit too eye pleasing in the promos. But unfortunately, except for the brilliant performances of Karan, Rajeshwari ji and Ishita, even when the scripts seem a bit too haywire, the show isn't able to gain my interest. Manipulating historical shows/movies isn't new and quite acceptable because it sometimes makes them even more interesting. But I, according to my knowledge, feel that the writers have messed up with the story a bit too much.
So I'll try to list out my points about fhe faults and errors in the show.

1. First of all Bajirao is shown to be around the age of 19 or 20. By this time he was/ to be appointed as Peshwa.
Also around this time Nanasaheb aka Balaji Bajirao was born. Exact date is said to be 8th December 1720. (Rao was born in 1700). Today they confirmed Baji is 19. That means the makers are gonna show Peshwa's appointment ceremony, Baji and Kashi's relationship, love, consummation, Kashi's pregnancy and Nana's birth in a very fast and haphazard motion. I hope I am wrong.

2. Second is 'the' Mastani's entry. Considering the fact that Krishna Rao aka Shamsher Bahadur was born in 1734 (a few months earlier/later than Raghunath Rao), Mastani should have entered his life in 1732 or 1733 approximately, when he was the age of 32-33. And considering how educated, skillful and modern she was for that time, she might have come into Rao's life at the age of 20-22 approx. That means now, that is in the period that the CVs are showing, Mastani should be a kid of 7-8 years and not how they are showing her to be.

3. That also means she'll have to wait for another 15-16 years to enter into Rao's life which seems impossible considering how the makers are dying to show Mastani and his love story to the viewers instead of concentrating on his relationship with Kashi so that Nanasaheb can be born.

4. As I said Mastani entered Rao's life when Rao was about 32-33, that means at the time of Mastani's entry Nanasaheb should be around 12-13. Exactly as shown in the movie. Remember the scene where Baji visits Ainaa Mahal for the first time. (Rudra Soni has played young Nanasaheb in the movie).

5. And at last, Mastani's mom. Her name was Ruhaani bai and not Suraiyya Begum as everyone in the show keeps calling her. What the hell is that?

So that's it for now. I said 'for now' because I am very sure they are gonna keep erring a few (hopefully) more times in the show. And of course I will try to point them out. I am hoping to know your views on this fault list and let me know if I missed out any thing.

P.S. According to me point 3 is the biggest blunder the CVs have commited. It's almost irreversible and I don't how are they gonna justify it.

Till then,
Love ❤️ ,
Ciao

All the points you have mentioned have only one explanation- cvs and writers extreme eagerness to turn this show into Bajirao Mastani from Peshwa Bajirao 😡

I am most interested in watching the political events, Bajirao achievements and his warrior side.  I feel absolutely irritated at excessive forced ahead of time screen space for Mastani 🤢  

Every min of screen space allotted to Mastani now is eating up the screen space of a Shahuraje, Malhar, Nasir, QD and politics

MaddyO thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kahiliginger

Bhiu born-1708

Baji-Kashi wedding- 1711 

Bhiu marries Abaji Joshi Naik-1712

Birth of Anu-1714

Birth of male child to Kashi, baby dies soon after- 13th March 1733

Death of Ramchandra (aged 10) -1733

Just who do these cvs and writers think they are?  What and who gave them the right to distort history like this!

They are hiding behind very conveniently used term creative liberty, without showing responsibility to portray real history.  It is one thing to make up stuff when not much information is available but when so much record is available it is shocking that they are twisting history to such extent, just for their obsession with love story and just maybe to hide their own limitations in portraying real history political events!

goofyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Having watched another show from this same PH and the pre leap episodes of PB, I expected the show to stay true to its title Peshwa Bajirao. But alas, it is turning more into Bajirao Mastani  I have almost stopped watching the show.