Bye bye Radha Bai!!

amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Ever since the leap took place, much has changed. But the one change that has stirred or even shocked most viewers is the transformation of Radha Bai from a warm, graceful and angel like Anuja to a cold, stoic one played by Rajeshwari.

While I came across a lot of criticizm about the new Radha Bai, somehow I felt that Rajeshwari is indeed a brilliant choice and she will do justice. All we need to do is give ourselves a bit more time to adjust with this colder Radha Bai, who once used to be the epitome of righteousness, progressiveness and grace. Anuja made her immortal for us. I know Rajeshwari too will do her bit well

Yesterday's episode proved my convictions right. Manish Wadhwa had always been a tremendous performer, and yesterday he nailed it yet again 👏 when he asked his wife, "Mujhe kshama nahi karenge, Sarkar?" 

After years, Radha bai unburdened her heart, and let her tears flow at last. And she replied, "Aapke diye huye har cheez humare liye anmol hain, Peshwa Saheb. Aapke diye huye khushi aur aapka diya hua dard bhi. Aur issi liye, apko kshama karke, apka apmaan nahi karenge hum. Iss dard ko bhi bahut samet ke rakhenge apne dil mein." 👏

The words may not be exact, but this is what she meant. These few sentences show the strength of her character. Kudos to the CVs for that...👏 I was sitting at the office, watching the episode. And I couldnt stop my tears, literally. Such a strong lady!! Such strength of heart!! 👏

Although we never saw much chemistry between Manish-Rajeshwari as we did with Manish-Anuja, owing to the storyline, their last scene where they hug each other and cry for one last time was worth the wait!! 

I am loving Rajeshwari's restrained acting, dry appearance and cold approach. Many people are not liking her, perhaps bcoz they cannot relate to this version of Radha Bai after Anuja's spirited and stupendous portrayal. But I feel, Rajeshwari's style is perfect for the cold-hearted woman that she is about to become.

Today's last scene, where Radha Bai took off her jewellery, reminiscing lovely memories of older days was beautiful. Again Rajeshwari nailed it. 

At last, we had one last scene between Balaji and his 'Sarkar'. 

But now with Balaji's death, whatever little was left of that old, loving, caring and warm woman will be gone forever. And I will miss her a lot...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Well said 👏👏
Even I was absolutely mesmerised by the last scene, and the regal bearing of Radhabai even when she took of all her jewels. Her reminiscence of old days where they used to be madly in love, her thoughts of what all he used to say to her, I loved it 😳
BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Know what? When I opened this thread I thought this is yet another one of those posts criticizing Rajeshwari, calling her unfit for the role and what not? But I was in for a pleasant surprise.
Anuja's portrayal of Radhabai will always be remembered. We could all see a mother in her whom we would have preferred ourselves (not to say we don't love our moms but this Radhabai was ideal in every sense, almost unreal) The chemistry she shared with Manish is something we may not see between Karan Megha and certainly not between Karan Ishita (CVs have butchered Kashi Baji for me 👎🏼) 

Rajeshwari was brilliant in that scene and those few lines spoke volumes about her pain, her pent up anger. Many were disappointed when it was reported that Rajeshwari will take over from Anuja but look at it from a practical perspective. Say we ignore the fact that her real life husband aka Sourabh wasn't chosen to play Chima (this would surely disappoint me since Sourabh is my fav from the current track) Anuja would look way too younger than Karan, the actress who play Bhiu and she would look like Ishita's elder sister, not a mother in law. One of the main downfall of CAS was not changing the look of Dharma aka Pallavi Subhash. She looked so much younger than Mohit who played Asoka and Mohit was heavily criticized for this. The decision to replace Anuja may not have been an easy one for CVs considering her popularity but it was necessary. 

Rajeshwari is a theatre artist plus a National Award winner and theatre artists are always better actors and she is a seasoned TV actress too. For the post leap track, you needed a powerhouse performer and Rajeshwari is exactly that.
Edited by BeyondHorizon - 6 years ago
old_charm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
yes , its like beginning of new era...😊
i loved the last balaji-radhabai scene , where she finally calls him aho & melts rajeshwariji did it really well...👏👏👏

then , in yesterday episode when she strips her shringaar , those flashbacks & finally she says sawan chala gaya peshwa saheb...😭

good scenes they were .
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: KrishnaPriyaa

Well said 👏👏

Even I was absolutely mesmerised by the last scene, and the regal bearing of Radhabai even when she took of all her jewels. Her reminiscence of old days where they used to be madly in love, her thoughts of what all he used to say to her, I loved it 😳

Yes the last scene of her taking her jewellery off was amazingly heart-wrenching. 😭
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeyondHorizon

Know what? When I opened this thread I thought this is yet another one of those posts criticizing Rajeshwari, calling her unfit for the role and what not? But I was in for a pleasant surprise.

Anuja's portrayal of Radhabai will always be remembered. We could all see a mother in her whom we would have preferred ourselves (not to say we don't love our moms but this Radhabai was ideal in every sense, almost unreal) The chemistry she shared with Manish is something we may not see between Karan Megha and certainly not between Karan Ishita (CVs have butchered Kashi Baji for me 👎🏼) 

Rajeshwari was brilliant in that scene and those few lines spoke volumes about her pain, her pent up anger. Many were disappointed when it was reported that Rajeshwari will take over from Anuja but look at it from a practical perspective. Say we ignore the fact that her real life husband aka Sourabh wasn't chosen to play Chima (this would surely disappoint me since Sourabh is my fav from the current track) Anuja would look way too younger than Karan, the actress who play Bhiu and she would look like Ishita's elder sister, not a mother in law. One of the main downfall of CAS was not changing the look of Dharma aka Pallavi Subhash. She looked so much younger than Mohit who played Asoka and Mohit was heavily criticized for this. The decision to replace Anuja may not have been an easy one for CVs considering her popularity but it was necessary. 

Rajeshwari is a theatre artist plus a National Award winner and theatre artists are always better actors and she is a seasoned TV actress too. For the post leap track, you needed a powerhouse performer and Rajeshwari is exactly that.

Hehe...I know...😆 I am tired of this intolerance of the audience towards Rajeshwari bcoz of the changed portrayal. What they cannot understand is, the problem does not lie with the actress but the changed character sketch...Rajeshwari is brilliant.

Thanks for commenting...😊
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: --cute.manasi--

yes , its like beginning of new era...😊

i loved the last balaji-radhabai scene , where she finally calls him aho & melts rajeshwariji did it really well...👏👏👏

then , in yesterday episode when she strips her shringaar , those flashbacks & finally she says sawan chala gaya peshwa saheb...😭

good scenes they were .

Yes Sawan chala gaya...that line made me 😭
BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: amritat

Hehe...I know...😆 I am tired of this intolerance of the audience towards Rajeshwari bcoz of the changed portrayal. What they cannot understand is, the problem does not lie with the actress but the changed character sketch...Rajeshwari is brilliant.

Thanks for commenting...😊

I know its sad to see how Rajeshwari is being bashed. What audience need to realise that the character of Radhabai has changed drastically and this change was necessary given where the story is headed now. Anuja not only looks unconvincing as an older Radhabai but she wouldn't have been able to portray this politically smart, conniving woman with conviction.

Had Anuja stayed back, then people would have flooded this forum with posts such as Karan, Sourabh look way too older than Anuja. The choice for leap actors is not good coz they look older than Anuja, they should have chosen someone younger blah blah... When the fact remains that u have to choose adult actors for post leap phase and only teenagers can look younger than the pre leap parent characters.