Let it go - A chandini three shot.

JanakNandini thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi friends
Writing became an habit for me. That's why always scribbling some things.
There is a huge speculation about a possible leap and so on. So my mind had given birth to this story. what if Bindu goes against CHANDINI AFTER Leap. 
I am going to limit this to 3 parts.
So do read and comment .

Disclaimer
A pure work of a mind which wanted to have some diversion from hectic life schedule.So no proof read. Kindly excuse errors if any. It is based on some tracks of  Durdhara's death. I cannot say that it is not fully related to history. You can take as 50:50.Some lines of descriptions have resemblence to my other topic ff Mudhrarakshas.

Let it go! Chandini  A three shot

It was midnight in Pataliputra.The hassle bustle of the city was slowly drowning in the silent eerie of the night.The breeze blew cold announcing the coming of winter's coldest days. The aroma of the tall grasses were  intoxicating. The night Kothals were doing rounds around the hooks and corners to prevent theft and anti social activities. This is for just name say as the kingdom is flourishing in terms of education and business. Where there is education,there is growth. So no question of poverty .When the kingdom is not affected by poverty from where will the thief come.

Everything was fine in the city as it had grown prosperous and rich. There were no wars and peace everywhere . People were very jubilant as their able King was administering the kingdom very efficiently.No wailing of women can be heard as wine shops are illegal. Peasants are happy as their crop gets good returns from the government.No flooding during monsoon as King made a barrier of sacks made of sand to prevent Ganga from wandering inside the Pataliputra  .Happy and well being is the outcome of this king's rule.

But ,somewhere in the starry night there was a beating human heart that seems to preoccupied by some thoughts. It was none other than the Chandragupta himself.He was supposed to be happy,as his son has return from the gurukul . His teachers proclaim him to be the best protege of the entire Bharatvarsh. His son named as Devanam priya by Chanakya has a epithet Bindusar. Bindu overtakes his own father in charming skills. Chandra has heard from his ministers that his single looks can swoon even apsara.All girls flock in group to have his glance even though it is short lived.  Bindu ,is a respectful son who adores his father. A good natured boy .Tomorrow he is going to turn sixteen and Chandragupt wanted to celebrate it as a pompous affair.

Everything was fine ,but Bindu threw a verbal assault on Nandini,Chandra's most favorite wife. Infact Bindu called her as a daughter of a traitor and wanted her to be banished.Chandra asked him to meet him in night and tried to pacify him .Chandra wanted to appraise him of the truth which he felt Bindu has been misquoted .But Bindu loosed his cool .Chandra never expected that Bindu will speak in this tone before him. Bindu never raised his voice before his father.Today he threw a vase against the mirror as a mark of protest .

" Nandini,is not my mother.She is my step mother. My mother is Durdhara. She lost her life because of your negligence.You left my mother to die and went to win Nandini's love.Had you been in the palace,perhaps she could have been alive.

Chandra was silent and asked in authoritativeness " Who said you so?

"It is an open secret
Answer me in specifically,if I asked the question specifically

" Badi ma

Chandra knew this.What else can be expected out of that haughty warrior queen.

" Nandini ,did not kill your mother. Son!Listen it was a conspiracy created by Badi ma's mother Apama to defame me infront of my subjects.

" What is so special about that? My Guru says King's life is always pinned around a web of conspiracy. Had not your mentor taught you this.

"Son, you are so young to understand. "Chandra stopped when Bindu was looking somewhere.

"Nandini ma, took care of you when she was supposed to spend time in luxury and comforts.

"Had my mother Durdhara been alive,she could have taken care of me still better.Nandini was all these days acting as if she is sacrificing for my sake. Had she been a mother herself,then you could have known

" Nandini,never wanted to have children of her own. She always seen you as her son

" Oh! But others call her barren. And I endorse their views Father. She is infertile "

Chandra left a heavy breath and consoled Bindu"It is no use in talking to you Bindu at this hour.We will discuss it tomorrow.

" It is now or never. Father .I want to know your decision?

" Nandini will not attend the celebration

"Who talks about that?

"Then

"I want that lady to be exiled "

"For what?on what grounds?

" Being a cause to my mother's sudden demise?

Chandra was in a state of crude shock . How can you say that?

" After all she is Nand's daughter. She deceitfully tricked you to jungle .She wanted me and my mother to die Father. Isn't this theory enough for you to act .

"you are mistaken ... "

" Father you are closing your eyes when the truth is before you?Why cant you just banish her?

" See son,you cant understand my words,because you have not met your soul partner. Nandini is my soul and I am hers. We cannot live without each other.

" Then my mother ? What is she is to you?

Chandragupt became silent. Bindusar left the room in fit of rage.

He thought about the days where he and Durdhara used to play together for many hours. He used to get her honey from the hive placed deep in the forest and Durdhara used to love that. In return she used to give him bajra ki roti with hung curd. Those days were simple and pleasant to remember. Still,he cannot accept his son's allegations.

"No Durdhara... he is mislead." Chandra spoke in oblivion as though he is speaking to late Durdhara.

"Even you left me Durdhara" .Chandra's chest became heavy with grief upon thinking about his long dead wife.

Chandra clapped his hands in despair and "Helena,you took the revenge from me.Even poison tastes sweet and mild compared to your venom and hatred filled words.Is it a sin to say that I don't love you or is it a sin to love a person who happens to be your enemy Helena? You are not here to answer me.I know,that's why I made you to go to Greece anticipating that you will ruin our peace.But at the right time you have sowed poison in my child's heart unknown to me. I have to blame the fate. Well played! Well played. Acharya is also no more to guide me. Whom to go and what to do ? I want my son to respect my feeling .I wish I was not a king ...

Chandra's mind caught the word " I wish I am not a king.He repeated the words in different tone as though he was rehearsing for a speech.

He made his mind and wrote a order which is to be given to prime minister to announce before the public next day at dawn.

Edited by JanakNandini - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shailusri1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Fabulous start. CN made me take up writing FFs again. It made you begin writing, Some characters and stories can never die or end because we love them so much and they become a part of our lives. This present TS is also excellent. Bindusaar has obviously been brainwashed. But how? And by whom? Felt extremely sad for Chandini. They sacrificed so much for Bindu and he turns out to be so ungrateful? It would be interesting to see how you deal with these issues.
JanakNandini thumbnail
Well said,some characters can never die.
Bindu is brainwashed .
In history,Bindu will be learning the truth from his nurse about Durdhara's death. He will hold Chanakya responsible for it. Chanakya upon knowing Bindu's mind,will commit suicide.
But what make to wonder is what made CGM to abdicate the throne at a age of 40
when
he is ruling entire peninsula
fallen and married Helen just a couple of years ago
what made him to re announce suddenly? No records exist for his decision.
I think he may be brooding for Durdhara's death ,for which he too was a cause unknowingly.
After all guilty feeling cannot be easily overlooked.

Coming to bindu pov
We cannot say his angle is wrong.
He felt that his father neglected his mother for sake of Nandini.
Had he been extra careful,Durdhara might be alive.Thats why he hates Nandini,not his father.

AshtaVasus thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Great start, Avan. 
When I heard about the 10 year leap in story, even I thought the same thing would happen. As such, they are stealing a lot of scenes from JA.  Similarly, they could show Bindu against Nandini when he grows up.  That's how they can make Helena a Rajmata, and closer to Bindusara. 
JanakNandini thumbnail
i wonder where are those magical days
what i liked is there innocent love... but leap is def bad idea...
why they are in hurry

Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Amazing update Avantika😊
JanakNandini thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nonie12345

Amazing update Avantika😊

Thanks Nonie...I am happy to know that you found this story good.
alanta thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Brilliant start avantika and a wonderful concept, though it is heart wrenching to think Bindusar going against Nandini and hating her. Both show wise and logically it seems to happen. The Greek duos are not less in injecting venom in Bindusaar and Chandra becomes helpless in between the two people he love the most in his life.

Waiting for the update.  
JanakNandini thumbnail
Thanks Atlanta I happy to know that you loved this story.I was almost crazy for this show before the Durdhara's death. So I began to write ffs.I still remember the days where I used to sit before time to s ee the show.After her death,the show started to decline as greek duo or trios were successful in every attempt. Personally I feel durdhara should have been alive for some more episodes But What we can do?  nothing.Even now it is not too late,cvs can uplift the story by giving strong tracks.Will they? the answer is we have to wait and see.
Edit-These days even Roopa must have been alive so that she could have been checkmate for Apama. lol
alanta thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Yes Avantika and there is where it fails, a strong antogonist is missing. And it is a great miss for a show like CN. Unfortunately there is no a strong opposition for a weak antogonist like Apama.