Why the CVS are hell bent to justify Baji mastani romance drama?

Posted: 6 years ago
Hating mastani and her creepy family. Bajirao's neglect of kashibai is disheartening and now he is going to forgive balaji creating more rift in the family. It's so sad that bajirao is falling for a dancer instead of respecting and loving his family.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Kashi's neglect is disheartening indeed About Mastani my only complaint is the amount of screenspace being given to her at a stage when it was not even needed. I may end up quitting this show like many others thanks to the shoddy storyline 🤢
zaniax thumbnail
I'm following this serial after leap and was expecting to see a sensible portrayal of Bajirao as Peshwa BUT CV's distorted history by speeding up Mastani's entry. If I'm not mistaken, Kashi- Bajirao were childhood friends with a fairly good marital bond. So wats with him acting all strange? 😕 I also hav issue with unnecessary scenes of Mastani which ruin the flow of episodes.Besides CV's shud bear in mind tht Mastani is not a likeable character anyway so shoving her down people's throats THIS early will only make all detest her more.
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
^^ I don't watch the show, so I have nothing to say in the support of it or even against it .. I just visited the space as I find out that there is a show on Peshwa Bajirao.
Anyway, what amused me is one comment that "Mastani is not a likable character?" I mean really? Ohh yes, some don't like her as they believe it was an extra-marital love story, so was Radha and Krishna's .. however, in case of Bajirao-Mastani, they got MARRIED. 

Bajirao was married to Kashi Bai at a young age when they didn't even know the meaning of love. And, why do you think just because she was his friend, he should have fallen for her. Just because they were married? Well, the human mind doesn't work like that. Bajirao might have loved Kashi, but he fell in love with Mastani .. both are very very different.

Mastani's character has been butchered by a lot for a long time .. Historians had to fight to prove that she was legally married to Mastani, not only that, it was Mastani's father who gifted Bajirao a pit of diamond and a huge amount of wealth which he utilized for his battle for Swaraj.

Now coming to Mastani, again I don't know how the show has portrayed her, I am taking what I read about her .. she was a woman from a Muslim (Iranian) dancer and a Hindu Rajput father who was known for his liberal nature. She used to sing Krishna's Bhajan, keep Roza, and also could fight like a brave warrior. A woman like this couldn't get any respect at Bajirao's family just because her mother belonged to some other religion. 

I don't see anything unlikable in her, the Mastani from history. I pity her and feel bad for Bajirao, who together could bring Swaraj but it didn't happen. They died almost at the same time (at a gap of few days). Even after her death she would be called as Bajirao's 'Rakhhel' but truth has to come out and Historians have proved the fact.

I still don't understand the point of not liking Mastani because Kashi Bai was his first wife. I feel bad for Kashi as well, but that doesn't make Mastani unlikable. (Mind it my post is based on historical characters and not any of the show as I have not watched a single episode of the show.)
BeyondHorizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: SayaneeH.Lecter

^^ I don't watch the show, so I have nothing to say in the support of it or even against it .. I just visited the space as I find out that there is a show on Peshwa Bajirao.

Anyway, what amused me is one comment that "Mastani is not a likable character?" I mean really? Ohh yes, some don't like her as they believe it was an extra-marital love story, so was Radha and Krishna's .. however, in case of Bajirao-Mastani, they got MARRIED. 

Bajirao was married to Kashi Bai at a young age when they didn't even know the meaning of love. And, why do you think just because she was his friend, he should have fallen for her. Just because they were married? Well, the human mind doesn't work like that. Bajirao might have loved Kashi, but he fell in love with Mastani .. both are very very different.

Mastani's character has been butchered by a lot for a long time .. Historians had to fight to prove that she was legally married to Mastani, not only that, it was Mastani's father who gifted Bajirao a pit of diamond and a huge amount of wealth which he utilized for his battle for Swaraj.

Now coming to Mastani, again I don't know how the show has portrayed her, I am taking what I read about her .. she was a woman from a Muslim (Iranian) dancer and a Hindu Rajput father who was known for his liberal nature. She used to sing Krishna's Bhajan, keep Roza, and also could fight like a brave warrior. A woman like this couldn't get any respect at Bajirao's family just because her mother belonged to some other religion. 

I don't see anything unlikable in her, the Mastani from history. I pity her and feel bad for Bajirao, who together could bring Swaraj but it didn't happen. They died almost at the same time (at a gap of few days). Even after her death she would be called as Bajirao's 'Rakhhel' but truth has to come out and Historians have proved the fact.

I still don't understand the point of not liking Mastani because Kashi Bai was his first wife. I feel bad for Kashi as well, but that doesn't make Mastani unlikable. (Mind it my post is based on historical characters and not any of the show as I have not watched a single episode of the show.)

The problem is not Mastani. It's her inappropriate entry and the way Kashi is being neglected by Bajirao in the show. Just to glorify Bajirao Mastani love story the makers are sidelining Kashi. For instance Mastani is much younger than Kashi and she makes an entry in Bajirao's life after ten years almost. Bajirao may have loved Mastani more but there is nothing to say he loved Kashi any less. Since u don't follow the show u may not know about this. Personally I won't blame Mastani but Bajirao yes. It was he who broke Kashi's heart and her self respect. Mastani suffered when the Peshwa family subjected her to ill treatment but Kashi suffered the most. The wounds inflicted on one's dignity are far greater than any physical wounds. Mastani was united with Bajirao post his death but what of Kashi who stayed behind and raised Mastani's son like her own? Why are the makers of this show reducing her to a doormat? That's y most of the fans here are angry.

There is nothing unlikeable about the real Mastani coz we donno much about her. About the Mastani in SLB movie there was nothing likeable coz she was shown in a poor light. About the show there is nothing unlikeable as of yet but if makers continue to butcher the story same may not hold good for long.
Edited by BeyondHorizon - 6 years ago
Melkor thumbnail
The CVs are not trying to justify Baji-Mastani's love story.Baji had fallen for Mastani and it's a fact.The historical Baji and Mastani are a totally different matter for Mastani entered his life at and much later stage.Also the historical Bajirao loved both Kashibai and Mastani albeit in different manner.
Now coming to the show the biggest blunder which the CVs are showing is the entry of Mastani at such an early stage.The real Mastani was not even an adult.
At first even I couldn't understand the forceful inclusion of Mastani everytime and the signals which convey that Mastani is Baji's love when it's a fact almost everyone is aware of.

Then I tried to think of it from another perspective.Let's accept the fact that 'shipping' has always been an important part of any show.But Indian dramas have promoted the concept that a person can fall in love with only one person.It's a crime to even think of falling for another when your first love is alive and not a villain/vamp.
Not only daily soaps but historicals too have promoted this notion of one love and one soulmate.Be it Jodha Akbar,CAS,MP,Razia Sultan,etc.It's an unwritten rule that while one person would be the soulmate another person has to be the devil or the cheerleader.
Had they shown Baji loving Kashi at first then falling for Mastani later when she made her entry then would the audience accept it?? For Baji was a human being who loved more than one person.The audience who is used to seeing an ideal character almost close to a demigod who can have only one soulmate would have had a lot of problems accepting Baji's feelings for Mastani.
So perhaps the PH wanted everyone to get used to Mastani.But sadly this plan backfired.

Edited by --BlackSheep-- - 6 years ago
BeyondHorizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: --BlackSheep--

The CVs are not trying to justify Baji-Mastani's love story.Baji had fallen for Mastani and it's a fact.The historical Baji and Mastani are a totally different matter for Mastani entered his life at and much later stage.Also the historical Bajirao loved both Kashibai and Mastani albeit in different manner.

Now coming to the show the biggest blunder which the CVs are showing is the entry of Mastani at such an early stage.The real Mastani was not even an adult.
At first even I couldn't understand the forceful inclusion of Mastani everytime and the signals which convey that Mastani is Baji's love when it's a fact almost everyone is aware of.

Then I tried to think of it from another perspective.Let's accept the fact that 'shipping' has always been an important part of any show.But Indian dramas have promoted the concept that a person can fall in love with only one person.It's a crime to even think of falling for another when your first love is alive and not a villain/vamp.
Not only daily soaps but historicals too have promoted this notion of one love and one soulmate.Be it Jodha Akbar,CAS,MP,Razia Sultan,etc.It's an unwritten rule that while one person would be the soulmate another person has to be the devil or the cheerleader.
Had they shown Baji loving Kashi at first then falling for Mastani later when she made her entry then would the audience accept it?? For Baji was a human being who loved more than one person.The audience who is used to seeing an ideal character almost close to a demigod who can have only one soulmate would have had a lot of problems accepting Baji's feelings for Mastani.
So perhaps the PH wanted everyone to get used to Mastani.But sadly this plan backfired.

@Bold - Agree! But why should that be the case? Couldn't PB break that trend? Even in today's episode they made the foundation for Bajirao Mastani stronger when Baji declared that he expected Kashi to understand him but she disappointed him as well ðŸ¤¢ I wouldn't have a problem with Baji falling for Mastani coz whether we like it or not thats what happened. But this forced connection being shown right away is irking me. I don't think CVs plan backfired coz apparently this track is getting a tremendous response on Twitter and FB.
Melkor thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeyondHorizon

@Bold - Agree! But why should that be the case? Couldn't PB break that trend? Even in today's episode they made the foundation for Bajirao Mastani stronger when Baji declared that he expected Kashi to understand him but she disappointed him as well ðŸ¤¢ I wouldn't have a problem with Baji falling for Mastani coz whether we like it or not thats what happened. But this forced connection being shown right away is irking me. I don't think CVs plan backfired coz apparently this track is getting a tremendous response on Twitter and FB.

Exactly.Why should that be the case everytime?? I expected PB to break that trend when the show began.
I had no problem if they had shown him being in love with both Kashi and Mastani but at different stages of his life.
But God knows why the CVs took the same old route.