Dumb blondes- Media myth or reality??

TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

" Dumb blondes"- is it just a sterotype created by the media or do they actually exist??

Is it just a gimmick by some celebrities to gain attention- eg Paris Hilton??

Do we have a desi equivalent of dumb blondes? - Mallika Sherawat comes to mind๐Ÿ˜›

Does the dumb act attract the opposite sex?

Are males threatened by female intelligence??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Majority thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
" Dumb blondes" - is it just a sterotype created by the media or do they actually exist??
There are dumb blondes and dumb brunettes. Then there are clever blondes and clever brunettes.

Dumb blondes are west's equivalent to the desi Surd

Of course it is. The very existence of Paris Hilton and her ilk is completely dependant on media exposure, media exposure and media exposure for having zero talent, zero talent and zero talent.

I find this very sad actually.

Do we have a desi equivalent of dumb blondes? - Mallika Sherawat comes to mind๐Ÿ˜›
Maybe Malaika Aurora?

Maybe. Not me though.

Some are for sure. Not me though
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TallyHo

" Dumb blondes"- is it just a sterotype created by the media or do they actually exist??

They exist.

Pity them for their foolish tricks

Actually !!! Most of the celebrities are dumb blondes but nowadays some intelligent creatures are also coming into this celebrity category.

God gave us these eyes to watch his/her wonderful creations.So nothing wrong in watch eye candy people.As these celebrities have nothing to do with our daily activities we should'nt bother much about their intelligence,they are born for entertaining us from far....

Even then ,I like to talk to intelligent people rather handsome people.

Definitely!!! But a Father may not be scared by daughter's intelligence.

A Brother may not be scared of Sister's intelligence.

A friend (not boy friend type.... seedha sadha friend) may not be scared about his girl friend's intelligence.

But ... a husband is definitely scared of Wife's intelligence and an intelligent wife will not try to display her intelligence but implement her intelligence rather.

Cheers,

Mythili

MNMS thumbnail
Sorry... but i couldn't get the phrase "Dump Blond".. Did you mean "Display of beauty without brains in media" ๐Ÿ˜• ..sorry ... im confused ๐Ÿ˜•
insouciance thumbnail
QT's pet peeve ๐Ÿ˜‰ .....

The bimbette act might garner publicity(mostly negative),but dont really know whether its considered to be a turn on....Which intelligent person would like the company of someone who is mentally vacuous??
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: Buffie

QT's pet peeve ๐Ÿ˜‰ .....

The bimbette act might garner publicity(mostly negative),but dont really know whether its considered to be a turn on....Which intelligent person would like the company of someone who is mentally vacuous??

You said it Buffie! 

Ofcourse there is no sense  in the term "dumb blonde".
There are brilliant and exceptionally dumb people of all races and hair color. 

How about the south asian girls/boys going blonde ๐Ÿคข in the name of vogue?  The  fake wannabes? ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

mermaid_QT thumbnail
I always love Ashu's posts, never dreamt of talking about the DB myth in her post. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Originally posted by: TallyHo

Ofcourse a sterotype.  dumb people come in all color, hair color, shapes and sizes.  Dumbness may be used for publicity, but dragging the word blonde with it - well, irritates me.   Who knows what their hair actually s anyway?  Your Dumb B can go Dumb Brunette the next day.  Remember Brittney?  Remember Ashley Simpson?

may be.  we don't know how dumb she exactly is.  If this kind of publicity worked wonders for her, she herself would be an example of just pretending to be dumb.

See, since I don't believe in the term dumb blonde, I cannot say that.  I don't knw MS.  if she acts / is dumb, then well, she is dumb. 

One must appreciate the variety of people dwelling on the earth.  I am sure some are attracted to dumb people.  Not just opposite, but same sex too.

once again, no generalization.  some men are, some are not.  some go to an extreme of thinking that female intelligence is a myth.  ๐Ÿ˜†

mqt

Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Some of us use different titles on people we hate/love/cherish/blah blah blah....

airheads do exist in all races all colours..that is indisputable..

certain races are associated with ertain types of namecalling from what I understand...
and for blond ladies..dumb...

but anything and everything is used for making a front page or atleast page 3 news.. even "dumb blond" can be used as a title..lolz..maybe the people who use it for themselves are too dumb to realise their implications itself(read hilton).. as for other people.. they just are used to express their hatred...

MonicA#1Actress thumbnail

LoL most "dumb" blonded I have come across are actually natural brunettes. Girls with naturally golden blonde hair are actually being extinct๐Ÿ˜ญ, according to studies, and they aren't very common, and the natural blondes I have met are intelligent๐Ÿ˜Š. Many blondes are actually a result of hair bleaching, just ask as many blondes you see. Most of them are either light brown/dirty blonde or brunettes, and not many are natural.๐Ÿ˜‰

So the real question is, if blonde girls are dumb, is it a result of the bleach seeping down too far into the scalp and penetrating the brain?๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜›

MonicA#1Actress thumbnail
Blondes 'to die out in 200 years'
Scientists believe the last blondes will be in Finland
The last natural blondes will die out within 200 years, scientists believe. A study by experts in Germany suggests people with blonde hair are an endangered species and will become extinct by 2202. Researchers predict the last truly natural blonde will be born in Finland - the country with the highest proportion of blondes.

The frequency of blondes may drop but they won't disappear

Prof Jonathan Rees, University of Edinburgh
But they say too few people now carry the gene for blondes to last beyond the next two centuries. The problem is that blonde hair is caused by a recessive gene. In order for a child to have blonde hair, it must have the gene on both sides of the family in the grandparents' generation. Dyed rivals The researchers also believe that so-called bottle blondes may be to blame for the demise of their natural rivals. They suggest that dyed-blondes are more attractive to men who choose them as partners over true blondes.
Tory MP Ann Widdecombe
Bottle-blondes like Ann Widdecombe may be to blame
But Jonathan Rees, professor of dermatology at the University of Edinburgh said it was unlikely blondes would die out completely. "Genes don't die out unless there is a disadvantage of having that gene or by chance. They don't disappear," he told BBC News Online. "The only reason blondes would disappear is if having the gene was a disadvantage and I do not think that is the case. "The frequency of blondes may drop but they won't disappear."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2284783.stm

Here is the article๐Ÿ˜Š