telly_buff thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Stop watching this serial. What are they potraying?

CHILD MARRIAGE??????

I have boycotted watching this serial.

Cvs are promoting child marriage.

Child marriage is illegal and an offence.

I don't know whether you agree or not. This is my perception.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Agreed. I have seen many people's views who are supporting the show, and their main argument is that they are not showing any romance between them. How on earth does that justify portraying a child being married off to an adult? 

There can be zero romance, they can act like friends and what not, but at the end of the day, this is beyond wrong. By showing this they are saying that marriage between a child and an adult is perfectly fine, just as long as there is no sexual or romantic feelings involved, unless until the child reaches adulthood, and with the comments I have seen online and on this forum from people supporting this show, it looks like people are actually falling for this and actually believing that this marriage is completely fine if devoid of romance and any sexual relations. 

It's disgusting that people are actually falling for this crap just because it's shown as being non-romantic. What kind of a message does that send viewers? That it's fine to marry your kids off at a young age and it's completely justified and won't affect the child as long as the child is kept away from having any sexual relations until they reach adulthood? It's sickening! 

Pehredar piya ki? The kid needs a set of faithful bodygaurds to protect him, not an adult wife in the name of a bodyguard and caretaker. ðŸ¤¢

Karan wahi and narayani shatri were completely justified in their views against this show, and people are actually lashing out at karan for his views by saying who is he to question the actors choices when he has apparently not worked in shows and only done anchoring since DMG! What else can he do? He likes to work in youth oriented shows mostly, which don't work, and everything else is just regressive which he isn't into. If a good show he was interested in came his way, he would snap it up, and karan gets so many offers, so for people to bash him in regards to his career choices because they can't stand the truth is ridiculous. 

The creation of such shows portrays india as backwards and dumb, and is an insult to india. Why? Because although these backward traditions exist in india, the way indian tv chooses to portray these regressive traditions in the name of 'sending a social message' actually only serves to portray a glamourised and often romanticised image of these practices, such as child marriages, and then for the sake of trp's starting a love story around this child marriage practise. Some people are even hoping to see the child, ratan grown up and then for the love story to be shown between the girl and boy. That's disgusting, and if the show actually goes down this route, then it would only be an example of my argument of the romanticising of regressive indian practises. 

I even read two ridiculous comments on an article claiming that it is merely shown as friendship and brotherly-sisterly love. Are these people bloody tapped? Since when do siblings marry? And how on earth can you share a sibling bond with your marital partner. Complete and utter BS! ðŸ˜¡
Edited by sammy17 - 6 years ago
if the maker had chance they would have shown todler getting married to girl, so that she can protect him. disgusting show
teribts7 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I wonder if it was a little girl getting married to an older guy if people would have accepted it?? It's simply disgusting to use a marriage where the other half is young to save his life from his own family when his parents die. 
It would have been acceptable if Ratan was of age and Diya was in her late 20's/early 30's. 

I get that Diya wants to repay Ratan's dad for saving for life but marrying a little boy to prove her point is just disturbing. I was shipping Abhay and Diya but his Ratan is just 🤢 Proably after leap it would be justify but currently it's cringeworthy to watch right now