All articles here regarding ppk

ShikhaAgrawal thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
#EXCLUSIVE PEHREDAR PIYA KI' IS QUITE A WOMEN EMPOWERING SHOW: TEJASSWI PRAKASH WAYANGANKAR

Namrrata B. Goswami | July 18, 2017

EmailFacebookTwitter
Talented actress Tejasswi Prakash Wayangankar aka Ragini of ColorsTV's popular Swaragini' is back on the tube with another show. The actress will don a royal look in her new show, Pehredaar Piya Ki on Sony TV. The actress will come back on television with child actor Afaan Khan. Set in Rajasthan, it's a story of a young and strong girl Diya who gets married to a 10-year-old boy. The show has been shot in many royal locations of Rajasthan. Here's what the adorable actress shared with us about how the show is special and what made her take up this show.

Excerpts:

Tell us how are you Pehredar Piya Ki'?

In the show I'm married to a young boy, who needs a pehredar, a guardian and I decide to be his pehredar for life.

The show has a different concept altogether, what made you agree taking up this character?

The show has a unique story line that I have never seen or heard before. There's a huge responsibility on me, while doing this role. On one hand there is so much to learn from the show, there is a little risk too involved in the same. I'm glad that people are showing interest in this story.

Did you feel awkward playing wife of a child?

(Laughs) Yeah initially I was. I and Afaan (Child Actor) went for a workshop for two months. In the beginning, he didn't get comfortable. But now I actually don't take him as a child nor does he takes me as a girl. Now we take each other as friends.

More: Exclusive Pehredaar Piya Ki is an adventure :Tejasswi Prakash

What makes the show to stand out in an array of shows having Rajasthani background?

Pehredar Piya Ki is a show where we are portraying a story that has a backdrop of North. But, what I feel is up till now we have been showing a poor and pitiable girl, who is made to marry an elderly man. But, this show is different; it is not about pitying women considering them weak. Rather it shows the power of woman, it's totally about empowering women. The story tells us that how a woman can make everything fall on place, despite marrying a young guy, and how she takes care of him and protects him at the same time. I feel so proud that how the perception of audience today is changed, now, it is open to all sorts of ideas. I'm sure the show will make a place in their hearts.

What difficulties do you face since your costar is a child?

Since he is so young, sometimes he says he doesn't want to do this and that. Whenever he gets tired, he starts crying, or whenever we try to correct him, he again starts crying (Chortles). So this is the only and only thing, which I would say is not difficult, but it's new to me.

How far are you convinced that the show is going to make a place in viewer's hearts?

I'm already convinced seeing the crazy response that people are giving to the promos. Our first teaser got awesome response on YouTube. I feel it's a great thing when people start appreciating your show even before its initiation on small screen.

Other thing that convinced me was that the show doesn't present the female lead as bichari' the female lead of this show is rather a very strong and confident character.

What do you usually do when you aren't shooting?

After Swaragini got over, I wasn't working for 2-3 months, so I travelled a lot. Being an actor you usually don't get off, especially being a daily soap actor. I finished a lot of things. I visited many places, went to Dubai, started working out, started reading. So this is what I was doing all this time when I wasn't working.

Do you read your fan's interactions on social media?

I won't lie, I am not able to read everything, but I try to read as much as I can. I do read their DMs on Instagram. Although I don't reply much because I don't want anyone to feel bad that one person got reply while others did not. So, I mostly try to avoid such situations. I love them all and I am glad and thankful to be in touch with them.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShikhaAgrawal thumbnail
Pehredaar Piya Ki: Does Tejasswi Prakash's New Show Deserve A Fair Chance To Be Watched?
By Leona Nathan | Updated:Mon, July 17, 2017 11:17pm
A 10 year old falls in love with his keeper - an 18-year-old adolescent, and marries her.

The new show, Pehredaar Piya Ki, produced by Shashi Sumeet Mittal will be aired on Sony TV today. Ever since the promo of the show was out, the show made headlines for its weird plotline, where a 10-year-old falls in love with his keeper (an 18-year-old adolescent) and marries her.

When I first saw the poster of the show on a bus, I found the visuals to be very disturbing and then when I read the plot that circumstances force a girl to marry a prince who is half her age as he is attracted towards her, I was appalled. I mean just because a Hollywood show like Game of Thrones could pull off incest so well, Indian TV shows can't go promoting child marriage.

Weird TV shows in Indian screens aren't new. We have seen some that presented the traditional customs practiced back in those days or supernatural stuff like a Naagin returning to seek revenge or about a woman turning into a fly to protect her family or about child marriage and reincarnation. In such a scenario, Pehredaar Piya Ki does not surprise us. Well, that is my opinion and if the makers surprise me with a totally different concept that is nothing like what the visuals speak of, I would be glad and so the audience.
The disclaimer says 'This show doesn't endorse child marriage in any way whatsoever' and goes on to show the royal romantic love story, contradicting itself. Shashi Sumeet's production house has produced many shows in the past like Diya Aur Baati Hum, Punar Vivah, among others. While Diya Aur Baati Hum was a huge success, let's see what the makers have got in store for us with this new show.

With the first episode, the reactions from fans have already started coming in. Take a look at the Twitter reactions to Pehrehdaar Piya Ki and decide if it deserves a watch or not.

Going by the Twitter reactions, it seems that many are excited to watch the show as it stars Tejasswi Prakash, while some find it not so interesting. May be the show is not as creepy as its visuals were. Watch Pehredaar Piya Ki on Sony at 8.30.
ShikhaAgrawal thumbnail
Sumeet Sir Interview

A story which has no connection to a family, seems alien to me: Producer Sumeet Mittal

The man behind the popular banner Shashi Sumeet Productions, Sumeet Mittal needs no introduction.

He came to the city of dreams to make his mark in Bollywood but fate had other plans for him. This writer turned producer has given popular hits on TV like Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai, Main Lakshmi Tere Aangan Ki, Punar Vivah, Tumhari Paakhi, Tu Mera Hero, Dream Girl Ek Ladki Deewani Si, Diya Aur Baati Hum. He is currently producing Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji.

Sumeet is all set to tell a beautiful story Pehredaar Piya Ki on Sony Entertainment Television which revolves around an 8 year old kid and 18 year old girl.

In a conversation with Indianwikimedia, Sumeet speaks about the concept of his upcoming daily, his family shows and more...

How did this concept get weaved?

It has been a very strong and intriguing exercise within our team wherein we always keep on discussing new thoughts and ideas. In one meeting, Shashi (wife Shashi Mittal) just shared this idea of the show and we thought we should explore and develop it. When we started working on it, we learnt that it has all the high points wherein we can hold the audience to their TV screens. Later, we started building it up and showed it to the channel and they too immediately loved it.

What kind of challenges did you face during the process?

We faced all kind of challenges but in an exciting manner. We were very particular about the casting. We had a long process. In the show, we have Kakisa, which is a very strong character. Audience might see the character turning as popular as Bhabho from Diya Aur Baati Hum. It took us a long time to get that character perfect. We were more than 100 percent sure with the casting of the show. We wanted the royal look perfect for the characters, so got one man who was with royal families for years and took his advice. We shot in some undiscovered places of Rajasthan. It was a very satisfying journey.

Will the show stick to its original concept or will it see a change in the story line as it progresses?

We always stick to our concept and never get deviated. We have approached the channel and requested them to shut the show in earlier cases, because we love to create stories which excite us. We will definitely stick to the concept till the show lasts.

What are your expectations from the show?

Honestly, I don't expect much usually. But I have a lot of expectation from this show. For the first time, there were backlashes, bad words and good things around the show. Overall, we got a mixed reaction from everyone. My take from this is that people are talking about it. I am just keeping my fingers crossed for this show.

We have always seen audience getting inspired from daily soaps. So don't you think that this show might portray a wrong message of child marriage?

I believe when audience will learn about the real story behind Ratan (Affan Khan) and Diya's (Tejasswi Prakash) marriage in the show, they will understand the entire story. The title is justifying the storyline. She is the protector of the boy and she decided to protect him by getting married to him. I am very sure audience won't feel that it is giving out a wrong message.

Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji has got the prime time slot so how does it feel?

I am very happy. I was happy with the afternoon time slot too. I am doubly happy that Star chose us to lead that slot. I am elated that Star believed in us and now it is accepted by the audience. Shifting to the 7 PM slot is a bigger responsibility for us.

Why do you mostly have shows revolving around family drama?

In India, we are connected to our families. If we portray a story of any live-in relationship couple or a story of any boyfriend and girlfriend, who have no connection to their families, they seem alien to us. Be it any state in India, we see a mature boy and girl take decision after consulting their parents. As a creator, we believe that the more we showcase family values, we will tell about different love stories, but the backdrop is family so your focus on the family is very important. We love to stick to our family emotions.

Any show by contemporaries that you would like to create on screen?

I would definitely love to make Sarabhai vs Sarabhai. I really like that show.

What is your success mantra in life?

I believe there should be honesty in your work and success will follow you. Whatever we write, we decide to shoot. If production people tell me that we can't shoot a particular scene because of budget or some other issue, I tell them that discuss such things during scripting. If it has come to the set then it has to be shot. I have been a writer who later turned into a producer. I used to think that producers make us draw Taj Mahal on papers and never allow us to show it on screen. So when I came at the producer seat, it is my duty to deliver a better execution.
surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
thanks for sharing .nice article . whatever tejaswani is saying is true .promo was so unique that I was wanting for show to air immediately on Sony .show has become almost popular even before it airs . tejaswani is doing very challenging role
ShikhaAgrawal thumbnail
Pehredaar Piya Ki Review: Tejasswi Prakash and Afaan Khan's show is not a cringe-fest as we imagined it to be
By Soumyata Chauhan | Updated:Wed, July 19, 2017 6:50pm
Pehredaar Piya Ki explores the unusual relationship between a 9-yr-old prince and his 19-year-old female guard, who also happens to be his wife

Sony TV's new show Pehredaar Piya Ki, starring Swaragini actress Tejasswi Prakash Wayangankar and child actor Afaan Khan, premiered on Sony TV on Monday, this week. The show has raised quite the storm in the television world ever since its first promo has surfaced. The promo showed a 9-year-old prince filling sindoor in his 18-year-old bride's hair. It received a lot of flak for glorifying child marriages and paedophilia but now that the first two episodes are out we can safely say that it was a classic case of judging a book by its cover.

Somewhere behind the colourful walls of the Kesar palace, a conspiracy is being weaved to kill Ratan Harshvardhan Singh (played by Afaan Khan), who is Maan Singh's (played by Parmeet Sethi) only son and royal successor. The young lad has already been attacked a few times and his mother Padma Singh (Kishori Shahane) now wants the king to employ a royal guard for their child. In the first episode, the family visits Maan Singh's friend's place on the occasion of Holi. It's here where the 9-yr-old sees Diya (Tejasswi Prakash) for the first time. Innocent Ratan, who has grown up listening fairy tales from his Kaki Ma Sa, believes that she is an angel and instantly falls in love with her.

What follows next, has got everyone cringing and bad mouthing the show. The boy is shown following her and secretly clicking her pictures. In what can be termed a cliched scene, he SAVES her from a cockroach, which had scared the hell out of Diya. The girl plants a peck on his cheek and thanks him for his 'heroic' act, totally unaware of his feelings. Without wasting much time, the young prince proposes her for marriage. Thinking it to be an innocent joke, she laughs it off and asks him to send a formal proposal through his parents. The boy, who is the hero of the fairy tale in his head, takes no time to pop up the question in front of his parents. But obviously, they laugh it off, too.

While we agree that the makers could have avoided certain scenes like the one where he holds her in his arms or where he makes her wear an anklet, we cannot emphasize on it enough that it's still quite early to judge the show. What if Pehredaar Piya Ki turns out to be a unique story of a friendship. We totally agree that this might have a negative influence on the impressionable minds of the school-going boys, but we also cannot deny the fact that the show is just serving the purpose of a mirror. Studies have found that children are indeed maturing more rapidly then ever before. You can easily find 5th grade children talking about crushes, making boyfriends and girlfriends. This wasn't a normal topic of discussion in the '90s.

In the upcoming episodes, yes, Diya - an 18-year-old young girl, will be shown getting married to Ratan. No his family will not be giving in to his childish demands of marrying her! They will be hiring her as his royal guard. But why couldn't they just appoint her as his bodyguard and win extra points for feminism, you ask? Inorder to prove their relationship 'legitimate' in the eyes of the villagers, they will get them married. Diya will agree to marry him to replay Maan Singh's favour. He had apparently saved her life when she was young and had permanently damaged his hand in the process. Now it all makes sense, doesn't it?

While I agree that the 'romantic' scenes were not required, the show didn't deserve such severe criticism. What if it might turn out to be a bold experiment. What if there is no romantic angle planned between Ratan and Diya? All I am saying is, before we get an answer to all our 'what -ifs' it's unfair to write it off, so early. Here's hoping that Pehredaar Piya Ki will surprise us with it's unique content. Cheers!
surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
yes I have seen in reality that 9 the standard boy use to give flowers to female teacher who is almost 10 year older than him
crazyaboutmanan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Why are people making such an issue about the show? A child liking someone and talking about marrying her is very normal. Almost every child does that- it is called innocence. Yes the show is about a child marrying an 18 year old but people are so interesting in bashing it that they are bashing even normal things before the actual marriage has even happened.