balav thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi guys, i am everyday seeing the recorded version of saathiya but recording done at 7 pm sharp every day. Pl tell me whether this will be taken into account for increse in trp

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chocolate_boy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Every slot even repeats have trp records. However original telecast time is usually taken as the TRP. 
BangBang_Shilpa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: balav

Hi guys, i am everyday seeing the recorded version of saathiya but recording done at 7 pm sharp every day. Pl tell me whether this will be taken into account for increse in trp

First thing is that these trp meters are installed only in 
limited tv homes. 
the total number of trp meters in India is 30,000
if your home tv set is equipped  with a trp meter
you would not have posted this in a public forum. 

and the para given below will solve your query 

According to BARC, the ratings of channels under +1 service will be attributed to the ratings of the original telecast of the content.
It must, however, be noted that next day (or later) viewing will not be included in the viewership data, as per the international principle of viewing on same day as live (VOSDAL).
The BARC India system currently captures delayed viewership (time-shifted viewership), but due to the low incidents of such viewership in India, it is currently not being reported.
In the case of delayed viewership within the day, it is currently captured by the BARC India system and it is included in the numbers from the BMW system.
Hence, the recent addition of +1 service will be captured within the BARC India ratings.
VOSDAL includes time shift viewing that occurs on the same day as the original broadcast of the content.
For example, if a programme is telecast at 6:30 p.m. and is recorded for viewing for later in the day, say at 9 pm, then this viewing is captured and reported as viewing for the 6:30 pm show in the weekly data released the following week.
The definition of the same day in the BARC India system is 2 am to 2 am the next day (as per the 24-hour day format).
So, for example, if a one-hour programme is telecast on the Tata Sky +1 at the offset starting at 1:30 am, then the viewing of 30 minutes up to 2 am is added back to the original programme, while the balance 30 minutes falls under time-shifted viewing (which is captured but not reported in the BMW system).
Read more at: http://www.televisionpost.com/television/barc-to-capture-ratings-of-tata-skys-1-clone-hd-channels/ | TelevisionPost.com