Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
Originally posted by: Radhikerani

@guenhwyar: Where Krishna is I will be. ;)
And, do remind me if we've met somewhere before?

😲 Starbharat forum, and IIRC that MB book writing discussion thread. I was formerly known as shyam09.😛
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

Vasudev and Devaki couldn't know the truth behind their six children yet, as it was important for them to sacrifice as normal humans do for the betterment of the world. The pain they felt after losing each baby only strengthened their determination to bring the prophesied eighth baby into the world. They found out the truth behind their six babies much later on, during Krishna's adulthood. 

Yashoda didn't fast for seven years. Although she did desire a child and felt pained because she was childless, she was a very happy woman who lived a fulfilled life as Nandrani. The Gokulvaasis loved her because she took care of them as a mother. She was not a selfish woman (as this show tends to portray her) who was so obsessed with her own pain that she did nothing else with her life. She was selfless. She was a punyatma just like Devaki was, and thus Vishnu was born to them as their son.

Adding my own tidbit, Yashoda Maiya was Maa Kaikeyi reborn. Maa Kaikeyi asked Raghava for a boon, where she wanted to be Rama and Lakshmana's mother, who brought them up. And thus, Maiya Yashoda, along with Maiya Rohini (who is Maa Sumitra) bring up Krishna and Balarama. Maa Devaki is Maa Kausalya, and Pitashree Dasaratha was born as both Vasudeva Pitashree and Nanda Baba. 
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: KrishnaPriyaa

Adding my own tidbit, Yashoda Maiya was Maa Kaikeyi reborn. Maa Kaikeyi asked Raghava for a boon, where she wanted to be Rama and Lakshmana's mother, who brought them up. And thus, Maiya Yashoda, along with Maiya Rohini (who is Maa Sumitra) bring up Krishna and Balarama. Maa Devaki is Maa Kausalya, and Pitashree Dasaratha was born as both Vasudeva Pitashree and Nanda Baba. 

Hmm, I heard this version before, but I don't believe all of it, especially in regards to Kaikeyi. In the Bhagavatham, it explains the previous births of Vasudev and Devaki. They were Sage Sutapa and his wife Prishni, who did austere tapasya to Vishnu, and when he appeared to them, they were breathless at his form and asked him three times to be born to them as their son. They were then reborn as Aditi-Kashyapa to whom Vamana was born, then Kaushalya-Dashratha to whom Rama was born, and then Devaki-Vasudev to whom Krishna was born. Thus, Vishnu fulfilled their three boons.

Sumitra and Rohini were the reincarnations of Kadru, another wife of Kashyapa who was the mother of the serpents, in particular Sesh Naag. 

However, Yashoda and Nand were the reincarnations of Dhara and Drona, who in their past life did tapasya and asked Vishnu for the boon of raising him as their son. Thus, Krishna was not born to them but they got the joy of raising him. So Nand was not a form of Kashyapa. He was Drona, Dhara's husband (not the same Drona as the Pandavas' acharya). 

Kaikeyi was not reborn as Yashoda. Her incarnation was already up. In her past life, she too was a wife of Kashyapa who, when she heard that Aditi got the boon of begetting Vishnu, prayed to Vishnu for the boon of raising him and being known as his mother. So as Rama, Vishnu fulfilled that boon and gave her equal respect and love as he gave Kaushalya. As the boon was completed and she got to experience the bliss of being mother to God, Kaikeyi was not reborn as Yashoda.

Yashoda however was reborn as Vakula Devi, because she had never gotten a chance to see any of Krishna's marriages, so she got to witness Srinivasa's marriage to Padmavathi. 
SriMaatangi thumbnail
There are many stories about each of them as well. Each of us believe what we want to. 
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: KrishnaPriyaa

There are many stories about each of them as well. Each of us believe what we want to. 

Hmm true. ðŸ˜Š
Edited by ..RamKiJanaki.. - 6 years ago
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Is this a chat thread? 
guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: NandiniRaizadaa

Is this a chat thread? 

The thread was inaugurated with "Does Lord Vishnu look like a male Prity Zinta?" ðŸ¤£ ðŸ¤£ ðŸ¤£

Might as well make this a chat thread ðŸ˜†
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Originally posted by: guenhwyvar

The thread was inaugurated with "Does Lord Vishnu look like a male Prity Zinta?" ðŸ¤£ ðŸ¤£ ðŸ¤£

Might as well make this a chat thread ðŸ˜†

Very right you are ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
This can be our funny thread :P Or should we make one for that? :P 
Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
can anybody explain the story of balaram in detail right from his birth to his meeting with vasudev-devika
 who was subhadra s mother?

when did yashoda came to know who krishna actually was?