Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

celina30 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
And why did the Goddess proclaim to Kans that the child is born and HE will kill him? That would instigate Kans to murder more poor innocent boy babies...why did she have to do that?? I think that was a very bad move and now he is hellbent on killing more babies, as he knows that the girl child is not his prophesised murderer
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
@celina30: You see, that was to induce terror in him- the fact that he still, after so much of efforts could not get the baby. In fact he slipped away from right under his nose. 

BTW, suppose she hadn't told anything, do you think Kans would have spared the babies? No. Probably he wouldn't have gone on a murder spree, but he would kill their parents! In one way or the other!
And think for yourself, how long can an infant survive without parents or food or a home? It would all be the same. AND VasuDevaki would be killed.

So, when Durga devi warned Kans, 2 more innocents (VasuDevaki) were saved. Since, if Kans knew tht kanha was alive, he'd keep his parents alive and try to interrogate and somehow locate the baby while he was still 'weak'.

@Proud_India: Vasudev did expect Kans to spare the girl. That's why he took the risk. AND he wasn't in his senses when he was doing these. This was planned and pseudo-executed by Lord Narayan. ðŸ˜Š
Edited by Radhikerani - 6 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Proud-India

I am just asking 

I might be wrong to think so

But wasn't that wrong by Vasudev to take girl child of Yashoda to jail leaving Krishna in Gokul?

Or was that because he would have thought that Kans would not kill a girl child!!?

It was later happened that Yogmaya disappeared after warned Kans but what if she would also have been killed then ?!!!

I think so it was injustice to Yashoda's child, she always had to bare once Krishna Balram left her and again she was childless in past life 

Right before Krishna was born, Lord Vishnu appeared to Vasudev and put him in a trance-like state, in which he informed him that he himself would be born as Krishna and the Goddess Yogamaya would be born as Yashoda's child. He told Vasudev to switch the babies as Yogamaya's role in his birth was to warn Kans about his imminent demise.

Vasudev did everything Vishnu told him to do in a trance-like state, and the moment he returned to his prison cell, the trance made him forget everything and he truly thought the girl child was his own. He never exchanged the babies with a cruel intent to sacrifice Yashoda's child to save his own. He never knew his child was Krishna until he was told the truth by Maharishi Garg much later on.

So there was no fault of Vasudev's in this whole thing, and neither did any injustice happen, as Yashoda's chlid was no ordinary human girl. She was the divine Goddess herself, who took birth only to prophesize Kans' death. She would be reborn again many years later as Subhadra, but the time for that had not yet come.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: celina30

And why did the Goddess proclaim to Kans that the child is born and HE will kill him? That would instigate Kans to murder more poor innocent boy babies...why did she have to do that?? I think that was a very bad move and now he is hellbent on killing more babies, as he knows that the girl child is not his prophesised murderer

Like Proteeti said, Yogamaya warned Kans about Krishna's birth to save Vasudev and Devaki, as he was already furious that the prophesied male child was not born. He suspected Vasudev and Devaki of cheating him under his nose, and that anger of his may very well have made him kill them, so Yogamaya told him about the baby's birth so that he knew they were not at fault.

Also, Kans was a cruel being by nature. Whether Yogamaya told him about Krishna's birth or not, he'd have gone on a killing rampage nonetheless. Kans killing all the babies is his own karma. It is not the Goddess's fault. We cannot blame God for the actions of a cruel human being, because every human being commits their own karma and must suffer the consequences for it. Yogamaya never told Kans to kill all the babies born on that day. Him doing so was his own fault, and he suffered a just punishment for it.
wayward thumbnail
^Yeah, and he could very well have accepted his fate and tried to make up for his deeds by trying to be a better person for the remainder of his life. Maybe, Krishna would have forgiven him and let him live to a rip age. After all, there are better ways of fulfilling a prophecy (eg. if Kans lived a good life, he could have asked of euthanasia  from Krishna to respect the Aakashvaani 😊)

Also, an interesting bit  that was always included in my Grandma's recitals, that Kans did actually see the error of his ways after the Yogmaya incident. He was apparently too awed by Devi Durga's darshan (in this version, he's a Durga-bhakt) and after that he released VasuDevaki.

Later, he's manipulated by his ministers who convinced him that Vishnu might have lied through the akashvaani and hence Kans should immediately kill all babies born around that time. 😳
fatssrilanka thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

Right before Krishna was born, Lord Vishnu appeared to Vasudev and put him in a trance-like state, in which he informed him that he himself would be born as Krishna and the Goddess Yogamaya would be born as Yashoda's child. He told Vasudev to switch the babies as Yogamaya's role in his birth was to warn Kans about his imminent demise.

Vasudev did everything Vishnu told him to do in a trance-like state, and the moment he returned to his prison cell, the trance made him forget everything and he truly thought the girl child was his own. He never exchanged the babies with a cruel intent to sacrifice Yashoda's child to save his own. He never knew his child was Krishna until he was told the truth by Maharishi Garg much later on.

So there was no fault of Vasudev's in this whole thing, and neither did any injustice happen, as Yashoda's chlid was no ordinary human girl. She was the divine Goddess herself, who took birth only to prophesize Kans' death. She would be reborn again many years later as Subhadra, but the time for that had not yet come.

Yes, true. When Vasudev kept Krishna near Devki he was about  to leave but remembered that he had to take away the baby girl and initially he was very hesitant but later half heartedly he picked ger and took her away.
guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Radhikerani

^Yeah, and he could very well have accepted his fate and tried to make up for his deeds by trying to be a better person for the remainder of his life. Maybe, Krishna would have forgiven him and let him live to a rip age. After all, there are better ways of fulfilling a prophecy (eg. if Kans lived a good life, he could have asked of euthanasia  from Krishna to respect the Aakashvaani 😊)

Also, an interesting bit  that was always included in my Grandma's recitals, that Kans did actually see the error of his ways after the Yogmaya incident. He was apparently too awed by Devi Durga's darshan (in this version, he's a Durga-bhakt) and after that he released VasuDevaki.

Later, he's manipulated by his ministers who convinced him that Vishnu might have lied through the akashvaani and hence Kans should immediately kill all babies born around that time. 😳

Yeah the Srimad Bhagavatam states the same as well; interestingly it was only for the night. The next morning his lovely ministers told him to go on a killing spree, and so he did. 

[quote]
SB 10.4.24  Fully believing in the words of the goddess Durg, Kasa exhibited his familial affection for Devak and Vasudeva by immediately releasing them from their iron shackles.
SB 10.4.29  After that night passed, Kasa summoned his ministers and informed them of all that had been spoken by Yoga-my [who had revealed that He who was to slay Kasa had already been born somewhere else].
SB 10.4.30  After hearing their master's statement, the envious asuras, who were enemies of the demigods and were not very expert in their dealings, advised Kasa as follows.
SB 10.4.31  If this is so, O King of the Bhoja dynasty, beginning today we shall kill all the children born in all the villages, towns and pasturing grounds within the past ten days or slightly more.
SB 10.4.32  The demigods always fear the sound of your bowstring. They are constantly in anxiety, afraid of fighting. Therefore, what can they do by their endeavors to harm you?
SB 10.4.33  While being pierced by your arrows, which you discharged on all sides, some of them, who were injured by the multitude of arrows but who desired to live, fled the battlefield, intent on escaping.
SB 10.4.34  Defeated and bereft of all weapons, some of the demigods gave up fighting and praised you with folded hands, and some of them, appearing before you with loosened garments and hair, said, "O lord, we are very much afraid of you.
SB 10.4.35  When the demigods are bereft of their chariots, when they forget how to use weapons, when they are fearful or attached to something other than fighting, or when their bows are broken and they have thus lost the ability to fight, Your Majesty does not kill them.
SB 10.4.36  The demigods boast uselessly while away from the battlefield. Only where there is no fighting can they show their prowess. Therefore, from such demigods we have nothing to fear. As for Lord Viu, He is in seclusion in the core of the hearts of the yogs. As for Lord iva, he has gone to the forest. And as for Lord Brahm, he is always engaged in austerities and meditation. The other demigods, headed by Indra, are devoid of prowess. Therefore you have nothing to fear.
SB 10.4.37  Nonetheless, because of their enmity, our opinion is that the demigods should not be neglected. Therefore, to uproot them completely, engage us in fighting with them, for we are ready to follow you.
SB 10.4.38  As a disease, if initially neglected, becomes acute and impossible to cure, or as the senses, if not controlled at first, are impossible to control later, an enemy, if neglected in the beginning, later becomes insurmountable.
SB 10.4.39  The foundation of all the demigods is Lord Viu, who lives and is worshiped wherever there are religious principles, traditional culture, the Vedas, cows, brhmaas, austerities, and sacrifices with proper remuneration.
SB 10.4.40  O King, we, who are your adherents in all respects, shall therefore kill the Vedic brhmaas, the persons engaged in offering sacrifices and austerities, and the cows that supply milk, from which clarified butter is obtained for the ingredients of sacrifice.
SB 10.4.41  The brhmaas, the cows, Vedic knowledge, austerity, truthfulness, control of the mind and senses, faith, mercy, tolerance and sacrifice are the different parts of the body of Lord Viu, and they are the paraphernalia for a godly civilization.
SB 10.4.42  Lord Viu, the Supersoul within the core of everyone's heart, is the ultimate enemy of the asuras and is therefore known as asura-dvi. He is the leader of all the demigods because all the demigods, including Lord iva and Lord Brahm, exist under His protection. The great saintly persons, sages and Vaiavas also depend upon Him. To persecute the Vaiavas, therefore, is the only way to kill Viu.
SB 10.4.43  ukadeva Gosvm continued: Thus, having considered the instructions of his bad ministers, Kasa, who was bound by the laws of Yamarja and devoid of good intelligence because he was a demon, decided to persecute the saintly persons, the brhmaas, as the only way to achieve his own good fortune.
SB 10.4.44  These demons, the followers of Kasa, were expert at persecuting others, especially the Vaiavas, and could assume any form they desired. After giving these demons permission to go everywhere and persecute the saintly persons, Kasa entered his palace.
SB 10.4.45  Surcharged with passion and ignorance and not knowing what was good or bad for them, the asuras, for whom impending death was waiting, began the persecution of the saintly persons.
[/quote]

And then many years later, our friend Mr. Narada, aka master of mischievousness, comes along and reveals the truth of all that occurred to Kamsa re: Krishna being Vasudev's son, etc.. Silly Kamsa decides to send an invitation to his death. ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

Ahh it feels good reading / researching about Krishna after a long time. Also, nice to see you here Proteeti!

mac-citta mad-gata-prana
bodhayantah parasparam
kathayantas ca mam nityam
tusyanti ca ramanti ca

The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are surrendered to Me, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss enlightening one another and conversing about Me.
[Bhagavad Gita 10.9] ðŸ˜›ðŸ˜›
Edited by guenhwyvar - 6 years ago
Siya-Ram thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Radhikerani

<font color="#0000FF">^Yeah, and he could very well have accepted his fate and tried to make up for his deeds by trying to be a better person for the remainder of his life. Maybe, Krishna would have forgiven him andlet him live to a rip age. After all, there are better ways of fulfilling a prophecy (eg. if Kans lived a good life, he could have asked of euthanasia from Krishna to respect the Aakashvaani 😊)

Also, an interesting bit that was always included in my Grandma's recitals, that Kans did actually see the error of his ways after the Yogmaya incident. He was apparently too awed by Devi Durga's darshan (in this version, he's a Durga-bhakt) and after that he released VasuDevaki.

</font>

That's very interesting. The truth dawned on him but his karma just didn't allow him to repent.
And maa Durga prophesying to Kans the child born to kill him is still alive is kind of hope given to Vasudeva and Devaki that the establishment of dharm is not far. Not that they had lost hope but that gives them courage till Krishna comes.
Siya-Ram thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: guenhwyvar

mac-citta mad-gata-prana
bodhayantah parasparam
kathayantas ca mam nityam
tusyanti ca ramanti ca

The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are surrendered to Me, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss enlightening one another and conversing about Me.
[Bhagavad Gita 10.9]😛😛
</a>
<a href="https://asitis.com/10/9.html#6185">[/DIV]

Thanks for the sharing the Bhagavad Gita verse :)Edited by Cluny13 - 6 years ago
wayward thumbnail
@guenhwyar: Where Krishna is I will be. ;)
And, do remind me if we've met somewhere before?