Why blame Divek, blame the channel.

LiveLifeHonest thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
   This is coming from someone who was completely shocked and disappointed after the results came out yesterday and refused to believe it till the last minute. Reading some of the posts on this forum, I thought about it and realised that Divek won this competition fairly, but the circumstances behind the win was unfair. We all know it and there is no point blaming them. We should be blaming the channel instead.
  Firstly, why were judges' marks not included for the finale? Then, why invite the judges for finale? Just to give out prizes? Then, they are no longer judges but guests. Also, isn't Nach Baliye suppose to be a dance contest and not a popularity contest? So, equal weightage should have been given to dance and not just votes. By eliminating judges' marks, the contest becomes a popularity contest and we all can see the results of that. Should the channel not know this? Should they not have maintained the spirit of the competition and included the judges' marks as well?

Secondly, the judging should have been stricter. I guess they want to be encouraging to non-dancers and all that, but seriously I can't believe how many 30s the judges gave out freely. I'd rather the judges judge strictly and not give any contestant 30 than being so generous with their scores. It was an embarrassment to SP and Nach Baliye when Terence said that he thought Divek was getting by on their popularity their first few weeks and only stepped up during the last few weeks. They shouldn't have. They should have been genuinely afraid of getting eliminated and should have stepped up their game in their 1st week itself. Why didn't they? The main reason being voting and secondly, the 'encouraging' marks. The marks should have reflected their sentiments. By giving encouraging marks, they only perpetuated mediocrity. If judging had been stricter and less reliant on concepts and more on dancing standards, the quality of dancing in all couples would have gone up. And I don't think being a non-dancer is an excuse. They had a choice and choose to sign up for a dance show and yes, they have to work hard to remain in the competition. If they think that perpetuating mediocrity in exchange of maintaining popular faces gives the channel TRPs, then the TRPs of the show proves why they are wrong. Also, SP needs to explain why Sony TV's Super Dancer and Zee TV's Sa Re Ga Ma Pa had high TRPs despite only the judges being popular faces. TRP people watch shows that entertain them and dance and singing shows are only entertaining when the quality of dance and singing is good. SP should be proud of themselves for only promoting mediocrity instead of fostering talents.

Thirdly, why is there voting in the initial rounds itself? Correct me if I'm wrong, but in most dance and singing shows worldwide, the judges solely decide who goes through and voting is only introduced when the final few are left standing after judging? Shouldn't judging have only been introduced after the final few are selected? I guess the non-popular celebs should have asked the channel how their talent and hardwork would have been recognised if they were to introduce voting in the first few rounds itself. As much as we would like to believe that the audience is discerning, we aren't as most of us aren't as knowledgeable and that's why we have judges to weed out those who aren't good. So even in the case that the most talented couple doesn't win, at least a very talented couple wins. Wild card rounds are introduced later on for audience to express their views as well and send their favourites to the finals. That is how most singing and dance shows work, so why is Nach Baliye an exception?

Finally, the flip flopping of rules. Suddenly, stopping choreographers from performing when one of the pair is injured. This should have been stopped from the beginning itself. I haven't seen much shows allowing this. Plus, in most dance shows i've seen (regional included), I've seen most dancers dancing in spite of their injury (till the extent the judges had to intervene and tell them not to dance) because of their pure passion for dance. Even if they don't dance well and get eliminated, at least they left the show honourably and they can be proud of themselves for being an inspiration for many.

Before I get bashed, I want to clarify that I'm only posting this now as I was reflecting on this yesterday as I'm a person who loves to watch dance and singing shows and I'm posting this as constructive feedback for SP if they ever decide to hold another dance/ singing show. And I'm the same neutral fan of this show who thought Sanam and Abigail were going to suck because of Abigail and was won over by couples like Sabigail, Breshka, Shoika because of their dance. I only have one thing to say that SP should be ashamed of the farce of a competition they conducted and reflect and genuine dance fans should call them out for it.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChannaMereya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
If u threaten a channl to quit show 
And channel does politics to save its fav and Divyanka did that and no channel is not 100% at fault 
LiveLifeHonest thumbnail

Originally posted by: ChannaMereya

If u threaten a channl to quit show 

And channel does politics to save its fav and Divyanka did that and no channel is not 100% at fault 

About the quitting part, as much as I'd like to believe that about her, at this point, I wish to focus on facts and the only thing that everything points to is that the channel is largely at fault for the joke of the competition they put up and they should be really ashamed. At this point, I don't think I'd trust any other channel but Sony or Zee to conduct a singing or dancing show.
ChannaMereya thumbnail

Originally posted by: LiveLifeHonest

About the quitting part, as much as I'd like to believe that about her, at this point, I wish to focus on facts and the only thing that everything points to is that the channel is largely at fault for the joke of the competition they put up and they should be really ashamed. At this point, I don't think I'd trust any other channel but Sony or Zee to conduct a singing or dancing show.

Sony an zee are fair or atleast give to those who have improved like
zee has reality shows which dont have celebs so thy are 90% time fair
Even colors for that matter atleast gave to those who improved or could dance and sing unlike SP which made complete mockery of NB
LiveLifeHonest thumbnail
Even colors for that matter atleast gave to those who improved or could dance and sing unlike SP which made complete mockery of NB
 Agreed. Except for Colors Tv. Their JDJ this season was a joke too. But back to the topic, I can't believe that SP put their reputation on line to play politics which did not yield any TRPs.
ChannaMereya thumbnail

Originally posted by: LiveLifeHonest

[/QUOTE]
 Agreed. Except for Colors Tv. Their JDJ this season was a joke too. But back to the topic, I can't believe that SP put their reputation on line to play politics which did not yield any TRPs.
[/QUOTE]That is why i said that Div quitting might have had a role they wouldnot wanna lose actress or even want her after this show ends , SP keeps its actors if thy like them
ARJUNKIAPS thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
DIVEK WON BCOZ OF THEIR HARDWORK  THEY DESERVED THE TROPHY BOTH ARE NON DANCERS MEHNAT KI HAI UNHONE ESPECIALLY VIVEK DIVANKA WON BCOZ OF YHM FAN FOLLOWING PEOPLE LOVE HER AS ISHIMMA A LOT NOT AS DIVYANKA
--QUEEN-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
The whole thing of divek winning based on voting is not true I guess, because if only voting is considered then monaya should be the runner ups not abinam.
It was all fixed from day one.
DT has a very old habit of getting work for her husband using her connections.
He makes a heroic entry into yhm every now and then, without any logical reasoning, he bagged ekta's show 'Kavach' only because of divyanka.
Even now I won't be surprised if she has strike some deal with SP for this win.
She's not innocent in this whole mess.
BTW, Divek were paid 10 lacs per episode of nach( according to some news portals) , and prize money 35 lacs, now it gives me a feeling that who paid whom😆
ARJUNKIAPS thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --QUEEN--

The whole thing of divek winning based on voting is not true I guess, because if only voting is considered then monaya should be the runner ups not abinam.

It was all fixed from day one.
DT has a very old habit of getting work for her husband using her connections.
He makes a heroic entry into yhm every now and then, without any logical reasoning, he bagged ekta's show 'Kavach' only because of divyanka.
Even now I won't be surprised if she has strike some deal with SP for this win.
She's not innocent in this whole mess.
BTW, Divek were paid 10 lacs per episode of nach( according to some news portals) , and prize money 35 lacs, now it gives me a feeling that who paid whom😆

ANY WIFE WILL BE AS STRONG AS A PILLAR FOR HUSBAND DO U KNOW DIVYANKA IN PERSON?

--QUEEN-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kkrnightriders

ANY WIFE WILL BE AS STRONG AS A PILLAR FOR HUSBAND DO U KNOW DIVYANKA IN PERSON?

No dear😆
I don't know her personally.
Actually yhm fans were angry on Anita and ekta for introducing surrogacy track in yhm just to give ekta's bestie Anita some work.
So the whole fandom was against it and even DT fans were against it and bashed Anita left right and center for the nepotism.
After few months, dahiya's character also got unnecessary screen space. The presence of his character was unnecessary. Just to keep him in the show, certain crime tracks were introduced, and his scenes are maximum with ishima😆
Again yhm fans were angry because a love story was changed into a crime show.
But this time, DT fans didn't speak a word against this nepotism.
She gets a free pass for whatever she does unlike the other yhm cast.
And with kavach, it's no rocket science to understand how a horrible actor like dahiya bagged an ekta show as a lead.
And yeah she's supporting her husband every possible way, but it's ain't earning him any respect, just like nb8 trophy