Aarambh review - Bollywood life

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago

The show was promoted in the name of the writer, KV Vijayendra Prasad, who has penned Baahubali. The first episode proved exactly what all the fuss what about. It is visually appealing and kind of gives you the Baahubali feels. It starts off with a narration and a map introducing the story to us. Since it's between two types of civilisations, both the civilisations are portrayed quite perfectly. It also focuses on the internal politics in these clans individually. If you're a big fan of Baahubali, you will find certain similarities in the show but the characters are certainly nothing like the ones in Baahubali. Well, except Hahuma (Tanuja Mukherji), who will remind you a lot of Kattappa but is a soothsayer.

The first episode will give you a glimpse into both the civilisations and the problems they face. The production quality of the show also stands out. Money well spent, we must say. Rajniesh Duggall and Karthika Nair have a face-off in the first episode itself and I was honestly not looking forward to seeing them meet each other this soon. I'm quite glad the makers didn't take some 3-4 episodes for these two to meet each other. And they are a sight for the sore eyes honestly.

What's it about

The show revolves around the inception of civilisation where two clans, Aryans and Dravidians, existed. It focuses on the enmity between the two clans and how Devasena Varundev find love amidst all this rivalry. Their story will begin from rivalry and blossom into love. The show has already grabbed a lot of eyeballs, thanks to the casting, the visual effects and the writing, of course!

What's Hot

The visual effects of the show are mind blowing. It has been shot so beautifully and the production value is visible in the quality of the show. The actors are quite convincing and they do create quite an impact from the first episode itself. The makers have introduced all shades of characters in the first episode itself. While one might argue that it's too much information in just one episode, I think it's great that the show is fast-paced. My only worry is that the makers might lose focus from the plot if it goes at this pace. But again, it's gripping and promising. Among all the period dramas on television right now, Aarambh could easily pass as one of the best.

What's Not

There are a few similarities with the movie, Baahubali, which I was hoping I don't find. Not just the characters but quite a few plot lines are adopted from the movie. For example, the dead queen's evil sister who has always loved the throne. In fact, she even talks to the throne telling it how much she has loved it and it has never loved her back. Reminds you of the scene where Bhallaladeva talks to his crown. Maybe that's the Baahubali hangover talking but you can't deny these similarities between the movie and the show.

Verdict

Must definitely watch this. It's a delight to watch on a weekend and you'll just love the show. Since it's so fast paced, it's gripping and keeps you hooked to the screen.

Have you seen the show? What are your thoughts on it? Tell us in the comments below and stay hooked with us for more.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Manzz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
😃  😃  Thanks 😃  😃

😃 😃  😳  😳 😃 😃 😳  For The Informative Article  ! ! 😉 😆  😳 😃  Nice   -  ! !  😳  😉 😆 Let's See What's In Store  For Us The Viewers ! !  😃 😃

😃 😳   😃  😃 😃
Edited by Manzz - 6 years ago
Twinkle.MaNan thumbnail
Thanks for sharing the review with us..was not expecting it to come this fast just like the show's pace 😆. I have yet to watch up the first episode but i was able to watch the second episode that is today and i absolutely Loved it. Loved the contrasting of the characters of the Main lead. Where varundev is strong, derermined yet so calm and think before act while Devsena is fiesty but childish too.From the promo,i was more attracted towards Devsena but after watching the main episodes i am liking Varundev more.It may be due to their influence of Gene Pool. They have to be like this. But seeing Dev's mother so calm poised and wise she is different.I totally loved the mystery of the last scene where Hahuma was socked knowing the third danger to the life of Devsena. I loved that angle. Loved Tanuja's portrayal as Hahuma and her role. The first sign in the form of one of her snake downing It's hood (i expect am talking correctly)  was mindblowing .Never ever seen such character in Indian television. 

Loved the performance of all the actors..In love with both the father's of the main leads specially devsena's. All in all They just keep my expectations right and on.. Good job Aarambh Team.👏👏👏
Edited by twinkle55 - 6 years ago