Reema Lagoo's last on-screen son Viraf Patel pens emotional FB post

Shaina_b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago

Reema Lagoo in Naamkaran

Reema Lagoo's last on-screen son Viraf Patel pens emotional Facebook post after the actress' death

Reema Lagoo died today morning after suffering cardiac arrest. Her last on-screen son Viraf Patel took to Facebook to write an emotional post about her

May 18, 2017

Reema Lagoo's death proves that life is unpredictable. The actress passed away due to a cardiac arrest late last night. Reema Lagoo was shooting for her TV serial Naamkaran till yesterday. On hearing the news Viraf Patel, who essayed the role of Reema Lagoo's son in Naamkaran, wrote an emotional post on Facebook. In the post, Virat revealed how amazing it was to work with her and heaped praises on Reema for being affectionate.

Inspired by Mahesh Bhatt's 1998 movie Zakhm, Naamkaran tells the story of a Hindu-Muslim couple. In the serial, Reema essayed the role of  Dayavanti Mehta, Ashish's mother. She was seen as a cunning mother who did not want her son Ashish to be with Asha (Barkha Bisht), in the serial. To ensure that Ashish and Asha stayed away from each other.

Reema Lagoo, Reema Lagoo death

Reema Lagoo in a still from Naamkaran

As convincing as Reema was as the antagonist, in real life she was not even close to her behaviour on screen. And this was proved through Viraf's post. In his heartbreaking post, Viraf wrote that he had a fight with Reema a few days ago but she asked him to start afresh.

"Your smile, your tenacity, your sense of humour, your love for life, your enthusiasm for acting even after doing it for over 4 decades shone through as much as you, wrote Viraf.

Here is his complete post:

Dear Reemaji, 
Strangely, late last night while you may have been grappling with your last breadth i was awake going through the stills of #naamkarann and guess what i stumbled upon? This photograph i had pulled aside, to send it to you. But now I wake up to news of you moving on to another form; another world and my hands have a strange tremble as i type this.
This picture for me is our most special picture, amongst many others as it somewhat captures the quiet offscreen bond we had. The love and authority you would scold me with, encourage me with, guide me with, be mad at me will always remain special. 
Your smile, your tenacity, your sense of humour, your love for life, your enthusiasm for acting even after doing it for over 4 decades shone through as much as you.

Am so glad we made up the last time we fought and i got to say sorry and you said lets make a new beginning Viraf, am so glad I got a chance to work all those hours with you and learn from you, all that i did. 
Am just very sorry for not sending you this pic earlier but am sure eventually you will see this note and picture, in your own way just the way you managed to do so most things that didn't meet your gorgeous eyes. till then ..
#withlove
your last (onscreen) son

Viraf signed the post as your last on-screen son'. Reema played the role of mother to Salman KhanShah Rukh KhanSanjay Dutt among others. On learning about her death, Bollywood celebs like Boman Irani, Rishi Kapoor, Amitabh BachchanAkshay KumarAlia BhattRiteish Deshmukh and Madhur Bhandarkar, mourned her death on Twitter. Almost everyone said she was too young and praised her acting abilities. May her soul rest in peace!

Link :

http://www.inuth.com/entertainment/television/reema-lagoo-last-on-screen-son-viraf-patel-pens-emotional-facebook-post-after-the-actress-death/

Edited by Shaina_b - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kumari27 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This post & pic heart wrenching 😭

Thanks for sharing!!!!
ronshaan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
that day when you shared a video of a scene from naamkarann, i must say none can ever replace reema lagoo in this show. she was great at what she was doing.