Aek thi raania (GEO)- Sumbul Iqbal, Syed Jibran.

obsessiveperson thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Sumbul Iqbal & Jibran pair up in Aik Thi Rania'.

"I think it has a very relevant message for young girls and I hope I'm able to deliver," says Iqbal. 

Last seen lighting up our TV screens in Ghayal opposite Gohar Mumtaz, Sumbul Iqbal is all set to return to television screens after a hiatus of over five months with Aik Thi Rania. The actress will be seen sharing space with Syed Jibran, who is riding high on the success of his recently concluded drama serial, Khuda Mera Bhi Hai.

Produced by 7th Sky Entertainment, Aik Thi Rania is based on a bestselling Urdu novel and will directed by the Haasil-famed director, Abdullah Badini, while Madiha Shahid of Digest Writer has penned down its script.

To find out more deets, HIP got in touch with the Roag starlet on her upcoming serial. "We've just recently began shooting, so I can't give away much. It's basically the story of a strong-willed girl and her journey. She is a university student who stands up for her rights in order to achieve her goals, she revealed. "I think it has a very relevant message for young girls and I hope I'm able to deliver.

Speaking of her unannounced hiatus, Iqbal says that she's been waiting for the right script. "I wanted to do something I haven't done before. And so this time around, I've personally worked closely on my looks with designer, Zara Ahmed. My fans will be able to see me in both, contemporary and eastern ensembles, she says of her comeback of sorts.

"Also, content has always been my priority. Aik Thi Rania is about a fighter, who despite having faced hurdles due to some circumstances, stands up for her right. The subject, I felt was very strong. You'll know once you watch it yourself, Sumbul added.

Playing Rania, the titular character, I ask Sumbul if she feels social commentary is being done to death in local drama serials. She hesitantly agrees. "I think the medium, television now caters to people who are used to watching such content only. Experimentation isn't registered as well as other serials are - the ones that are tried and tested. I think it's all about what the audience responds to, that's what producers wish to invest in as well, she answers.

And while not all is lost in the past few months, Sumbul is currently looking into more scripts from here as well as across the border, while also gearing up for her second serial this year. Stay tuned to HIP for more details on all that this young gun is up to!

Edited by obsessiveperson - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

awida thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 7
Tfs @Nehal. 
I never watched any show of both the leads. I hope this serial turns out to be good.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Ewww
Why syed jibrun

Whyyy
awida thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 7
btw. Rania is my nephew's name! lol
One thing: whenever I read the name of this drama, 'aek thi dayan' pops up in my mind. ðŸ˜†
Uzma005 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Which novel this drama is based on?

Originally posted by: Uzma005

Which novel this drama is based on?

I don't know exactly but there is a novel by zahida parveen similar to this drama's name i.e aek thi rani.
Rania.
--HiNa-- thumbnail
eww i hate syed jibran
big no frm myside