Real Story of Natu Kaka..Ghanshyam Nayak

terenaam_ahm thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Ghanshyam Nayak, best known as Natu Kaka from popular serial Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah who turned 73 on 12th May. The actor who has been a part of the entertainment industry for more than 55 years has seen many ups and downs in his personal as well as professional life.

In spite of acting in approx. 200 Gujarati and Hindi films,Hindi TV serials, Ghanshyam Nayak personally faced a lot of financial trouble. Ten years back, the actor couldn't even afford to pay his house rent. He used to borrow some money from his neighbors and pay them later. However, the situation has changed now!

"I have struggled a lot in my life. Believe me or not, I used to work for 24 hours for just 3 rupees. I used to perform on the roads to earn money. Honestly, 10-15 years back, there wasn't so much money in our film industry. We were paid peanuts for our acting; in fact, there were times when we were not paid at all. At that time, I used to borrow money from my neighbors to pay the house rent and children school fees. I spent my entire life struggling for money. 

my life got stabilized after doing Taarak Mehta serial. I started earning good money and now there is no looking back. Currently, I own two houses in Mumbai 

73-year-old Ghanshyam Nayak comes from a theater background. His father and his grandfather were theater artists too. However, Ghanshyam doesn't want to carry forward this legacy to his next generation. He further adds, "I have three children and none of them is into acting career. 

I don't want my children to struggle like me. They have seen their father's struggle to survive and that was enough for them. They all are very creative in their own way but none of them wants to become an actor. Honestly, I am happy with their decision."

His wife, Nirmaladevi Nayak is a housewife. He has three children - daughter Bhavna Nayak (Age 47), younger daughter Tejal Nayak (Age 45) and younger son Vikas Nayak (Age 35).

Daughter Tejal Nayak is a teacher in one of the private school. Son Vikas Nayak works as a manager in National Stock Exchange. He is married and blessed with two children. He is also a blogger. 

The actor is currently staying in 2 BHK house in Malad. He had his own car too, but had to sell it off since he didn't know driving. He loves to travel in auto rickshaw. He loves to interact with his fans while travelling.
Edited by terenaam_ahm - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Now, that explains why they are still in this show despite of the monotonous storyline.
Just a few years back, actors meant only the lead actors. The res of the team was never appreciated. Thus, such tragic cases. In fact comedy genre was so neglected that its a sham that we dont remembrr Jatin Kanakia when we talk about genuine, harmless and clean comedy. He was a master of his art.

Today's actors are pretty smart. Almost every one will do something apart from acting. We can say the way to do things have chnaged a lot over the time. Also, they get ample of options to CH oose from unlike their seniors
Kulasya. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yes . Industry is still creating those stereotype images of actors . Even when yesterday Reema Lagoo expired all started to say about her glamorous mom roles . But she was way versatile than that . But caged in that image . 
I am personally big fan of Jatin Kanakiya . Even my friends are . We repeat those serials again & again . 
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
For Reema lagoo I was quite surprised when the articles mentioned her as the most geniune 'mom' of bollywood but conveniently forgot to mention her other brilliant roles.
pongapandit thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Its is sad to see such brilliant actors not getting enough recognition and financial success just because they are generally typecasted into supporting roles