Makers of Bhabhiji and MICIM supporting fairness hoax?

IdioTinTin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 6 years ago
Have you guys noticed how lately the makers of Bhabhiji and May I come in Madam supported the fairness hoax with the sunscreen ad they provided in the scooter - cycle episodes?
And in MICIM too when Kashmira and her friends discussed whose husband is most fair?

I was like - really? Fair & Lovely and those fairness products ads weren't enough already? Many people are fighting against this fairness hoax to end discrimination in India and instead of supporting that, they only ad onto the problem.
Not cool.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mugl-e-azam thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiS.Raizada

Have you guys noticed how lately the makers of Bhabhiji and May I come in Madam supported the fairness hoax with the sunscreen ad they provided in the scooter - cycle episodes?

And in MICIM too when Kashmira and her friends discussed whose husband is most fair?

I was like - really? Fair & Lovely and those fairness products ads weren't enough already? Many people are fighting against this fairness hoax to end discrimination in India and instead of supporting that, they only ad onto the problem.
Not cool.

I haven't seen this program for a long time now but it's really not that innocent comedy that it was promoted to be. For your post I would say that happu Singh referring to Anita as GORI MEM and in earlier episode when tiwari did drama that he had lost his memory, he was going on telling Anita K Aap Kitni gori hain.. I mean big deal. 
Secondly the loyalties of these husbands is questionable. Who would want husbands like these. Some times their dialogues are more vulgar and less funny. Tiwari I feel is really dangerous. He had almost got Anita and Vibhu divorced once had it not been for Angoori who got emotional.
Anita also keeps taking a dig at her husband and leaves no chance to insult him. It's just a role reversal where husband is doing the household chores and wife is working. Even if it was the other way round, m sure Anita would not have taken any interest in household chores. 
At times they promote gay activities also. 
Definitely not a family show. 
IdioTinTin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Mugl-e-azam

I haven't seen this program for a long time now but it's really not that innocent comedy that it was promoted to be. For your post I would say that happu Singh referring to Anita as GORI MEM and in earlier episode when tiwari did drama that he had lost his memory, he was going on telling Anita K Aap Kitni gori hain.. I mean big deal. 
Secondly the loyalties of these husbands is questionable. Who would want husbands like these. Some times their dialogues are more vulgar and less funny. Tiwari I feel is really dangerous. He had almost got Anita and Vibhu divorced once had it not been for Angoori who got emotional.
Anita also keeps taking a dig at her husband and leaves no chance to insult him. It's just a role reversal where husband is doing the household chores and wife is working. Even if it was the other way round, m sure Anita would not have taken any interest in household chores. 
At times they promote gay activities also. 
Definitely not a family show. 

yes the points you mentioned irk me too
I hate whenever Anita is called Gori madam and being a modern and educated woman as per she claims, she shouldn't be feeling flattered at that
And Tiwari is downright disguisting I feel, I hate him actually and love it whenever he's beaten or Vibhu annoys him
Also Anita taking a dig at Vibhu all the times and insulting him is also wrong but whenever some outsider and Tiwari call him naukar, she could answer that you too work outside and Angoori does all house chores, is she his naukar? that would shut many up but actually that's the mentality of majority of Indian people and that's what these kinds of shows reflects
it's ok if the wife does all house chores and husband brings the money but a role of a man as house husband is not accepted
it's ok if the men keep flirting and teasing other women but a role reverse in this aspect too would be controversy (not that I support it - everyone should be faithful to their respective partner)
it's ok to spread fairness as the idea of beauty and being kali (dark) is equal to being ugly, gori madams are praised while others are still actually not spared from rape, they are just not the marriage material cause you can't show off with them like you can with a Gori mam

I actually watch the show only because of Vibhu, even though not being really so loyal, he is still much better as you see he loves Anita really much to actually care for her and also when that ghost blackmailed him to kill Anita, he was really scared and worried. He is a really good actor and the antics of his character are always hillarious, he's the only reason I watch the show and for a bit laughter
Edited by ArshiS.Raizada - 6 years ago