Tina makes headlines!!!

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago
This article came out about tina in my local newspaper:

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/15170057.Bolton_girl_to_become_soap_star_on_top_Indian_TV_programme/?ref=rl&lp=4

My sister saw it when the show was about to start and she recognised tina as her maths teacher from back in 2015. I bet tina would have been happy to see her appearing in the local newspaper, but i wonder why she keeps saying that she's from london to the media when she has been living, brought up and educated in bolton, which is nowhere near london? 
Edited by sammy17 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Spoilt thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks  for the article 😊 wow Tina has come a long way indeed 👏 hmmm...what's with the London/ Bolton thing though? Maybe London is more in fashion? 😆 (hehe i don't  know much  about the UK, it's  just a random guess)
Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: sugar.and.spice

Thanks  for the article 😊 wow Tina has come a long way indeed 👏 hmmm...what's with the London/ Bolton thing though? Maybe London is more in fashion? 😆 (hehe i don't  know much  about the UK, it's  just a random guess)

Yep! They did a similar think with the recent master chef, where one of my aunty's best friend's brother, who was a contestant on the show, also from bolton, was presented as being from london on the show. Sometimes they would say he is from manchester too, although that's not wrong, as bolton is a town in the county of greater manchester, but i guess they think indians would only recognise what london is. 
Spoilt thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sammy17

Yep! They did a similar think with the recent master chef, where one of my aunty's best friend's brother, who was a contestant on the show, also from bolton, was presented as being from london on the show. Sometimes they would say he is from manchester too, although that's not wrong, as bolton is a town in the county of greater manchester, but i guess they think indians would only recognise what london is. 

Ahhh probably... and also maybe bolton would be mistaken for boston? 😆 hehehe they could just say UK (or Manchester, like in the example you pointed  out)...why change the entire place? Imagine replacing Madhya Pradesh with Andhra Pradesh 😲 😛