Adita Wahi walks out from Saarrthi!

ANJANA thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
The audience might be watching Adita Wahi aka Shefali in Star Plus' Saarrthi but what they probably don't know, is that she has stopped shooting for the show. But before one starts looking for controversies here, Adita clears the air.
Why did you decide to quit Saarrthi?

• I have been with the serial since it started in September 2004. My character has grown from negative to positive and from a young college girl to an obsessive lover. There have been all sorts of shades possible with this character and there was nothing left to explore. I had been in talks with my show producer for a few months now about leaving the show. After all, there's only so much you can do in a daily soap. I could have stayed on with Saarrthi forever but I'm not the kind who likes to play it safe! (laughs)
Was there any bad blood between you and the producer because of this decision?

• Not at all! He's one of the best people to work with and it was a mutual decision. My character is at its peak right now and it's nice to make an exit at such a point.
So what's going to happen to your character once you're not there?

• I think they are toying with the idea of getting a replacement or making some changes in the script. Frankly speaking, I don't have much idea.
What are the shows that you're working on at the moment?

• I have recently made an entry in Vaidehi as a movie star. It's a good role and I'm quite excited about working with Aroona Irani. I'm also anchoring a show which is telecast in London. I'm ambitious and want to try different mediums.
So will movies be the next step?

• Absolutely! I had got three offers for movies in recent times but I couldn't even go for the meetings as I was shooting for Saarrthi. Maybe things could have materialised if I had atleast met them. But now, I'm open to doing films.
It's been six months since you got married. How's married life treating you?

• The feeling is still sinking in! (laughs) My husband Ameet and I still feel that we're dating. Since he's a director, his timings are even whackier than mine, so we make the most of the time we get with each other.

IN SEARCH OF GREENER PASTURES: Adita Wahi

Edited by ANJANA - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TiNa58 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
I'm sorry but this was already posted..

-Topic closed-