Adita Wahi walks out of Saarrthi!

prachi_singh01 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

The audience might be watching Adita Wahi aka Shefali in Star Plus' Saarrthi but what they probably don't know, is that she has stopped shooting fro the show. But before one starts looking for controversies here, Adita clears the air.

Why did you decide to quit Saarrthi?

I have been with the serial since it started in September 2004. My character has grown from negative to positive and from a young college girl to an obsessive lover. There has been all sorts of shades possible with this character and there was nothing left to explore. I had been in talks with my show producers for a few months now about leaving the show. After all, there's only so much you can do in a daily soap. I could have statyed on with Saarrthi forever but I'm not the kind who likes to play it safe!(laughs)

Was there any bad blood between you and the producer because of this decision?

Not at all! He's one of the best people to work with and it was a mutual decision. My character is at its peak right now and it's nice to make an exit at such a point.

So what's going to happen to your character once you're not there?

I think they are toying with the idea of getting a repalcement or making some changes in the script. Frankly speaking, I don't have much idea.

What are the shows that you're working on at the moment?

I have recntly made an entry in Vaidehi as a movie star. It's a good role and I'm quite excited about working with Aroona Irani. I'm also anchoring a show which is telecast in London. I'm ambitious and want to try different mediums.

So will movies be the next step?

Absolutely! I had got three offers for movies in recent times but I couldn't even go fro the meetings as i was shooting for Saarrthi. may be things could have materialised if I had atleast met them. But now, I'm open to doing films.

It's been six months since u got married. How's married life treating you?

The feeling is still sinking in!(laughs) My husband Ameet and I still feel that  we're dating. Since he's a director, his timings are even whackier than mine, so we make the most of the time we get with each other.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rajivsood thumbnail
😭 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why did she leave- i really loved to see her giving those expressions and moving her eyes about!!!!!not fair ya no more saarthi for me- as it is its getting tooo boring to watch!
sorry fellas but right now am really hurt. hmph
iamdhol thumbnail
hi prachi, i'm prachi too 😆 . thanx for the interview. i knew she was leaving and acc. to latest news shefali will die after giving birth to the baby or something like that but i loved her negative shade, she is too good in that 😭
shefalifan thumbnail
ya i read the bombay times and was motivated to sign up in this forum!!! even though i knew about this forum and visited it but i never had the patience to sign up but today i wanted to say that im a huge shefali fan only because other than bhumi i think she is the only other good actor on the show!! her scenes are always powerful ( maybe the writers give her good scenes but then they know her potential too) and i became a fan of hers after i saw her scene with bhumi when she becomes hysterical and breaks down everything and in the heat of the moment even walks over the glass- my mom cried too.. i really felt for her in that scene and i think shes the only vamp on tv for whom u feel sorry at times too!!! well shefali i wish u luck and hope u get the best in whatever u do- we will definitely miss u!!! 😭

love from my mom and kid bro too( btw we love ur sarees too) 😊 and ofcourse ur new look in vaidehi
StayStrong thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Pray GOD they make change in the script
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Welcom to the new members in the forum
thanks for sharing

I guess that is why they are changing Mansen back into Negative again. She will be missed, she did her role really well.

angelic eyes thumbnail
ohhhhh!!!!! 😭 thats sad!! 😭 we will miss her!! she was really gud as shefali!! 👏
Bookworm87 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
omg!!thanks for sharing. im not sure if thts gud or bad news cos she's a great actress but i hate her character!
blueegg thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing .goodluck adita for your future.